SPOILERS - Vancouver Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
21 song set? Well that sucks. Springsteen has nothing to worry about.

Even more reason to ignore anything post R&H on this tour. There's just not room for it.

You've got your 11 JT tracks. Throw in Desire and something else, maybe Angel from R&H. That's 13. Add Pride, Bad & ASOH (finally) from TUF and you're up to 16. Then you've got NYD, and I guess you're going to have to throw IWF or OOC in there to keep the tempo up & casuals happy. I don't see how they can have SBS in a show that features BTBS...they take up the same thematic space on the set list. So that's 19. Still leaves room for a b-side an deeper cut. Bob's your uncle, you've got a show.

It's not the set list I'd choose (which would be JT + the "b-side" disc from the 80-90 compilation), but you need to pretty much play most of their early hits to keep it pre-R&H. It still leaves a quarter of the set list for lesser known tracks to keep us die hards happy.

Australia is a hoax.

New Zealand Lovetown happened though.
Crocodile Dundee and Men at Work we're temporarily unemployed. They hijacked a U2 cover band from the UK and held them at gunpoint and told them to write songs about trees to boost NZ national ego which had been battered by a kiwi oversupply and oncoming anxiety about Dolly and sheep cloning. The ill fated hoax worked so well that they decided to tour those two places. Ever wonder why there is no official release for LoveTown? Cuz it didn't happen. The real U2 were so inspired by the ploy they decided to recreate themselves in the Zoo. That's the story of the tour that didn't happen in a country that doesn't even exisit.

You're not the only one who has called for a ZooTV reboot, but in effect that's sort of what the final leg of 360 was. And it was awesome.

Omg, it sure was! :hyper: Especially since back in 92, 93 work was spotty because of the recession staying longer in the NYC area I only got to one show. AB may be my favorite album of all time (w a few other bands' albums being a very close 2-5) if I have to make a hierarchy at all-- so to hear these songs live for (only) a second time (w MW & UTEOTW being the expections) was thrilling!

And then not being anyway to getting to the Zooropa concerts when I heard they started playing Zooropa live (for 360)"I almost lost it with excitement. :lol: And I did get to see them play it in Philly in '11 (after 2 shows in '09).

I'm one of their fans who loves things ( bunches of songs, and some full albums) from allof U2's decades. JT is one of my favorites, so it's exciting o go hear it live again.

As for the "getting older" stuff barring some (powers forbid) extreme accidents, or medical conditions IMHO it's more of a matter of will, enjoyment of performing, and family time issues because Springsteen who is about 67, and the E St band have at least up till now run rings around U2 in terms of length of show, stamina. :)lol: and more variety in their song sets).

So, yeah, U2 crank it up! :D

BVS won't believe the following but it's true. When asked about why some footage leaked out well the answer is simple. It was all filmed in the South of France with holgraphic​ Kangaroos and Koalas. The premise of the doc was to add motion detectors​ on rare Australian animals to determine which songs would be played in a cage match in front of a green screen in Nice. The animals rebelled and the band couldn't play the show in good conscience knowing the songs weren't picked by a duel rooted in nature. Disheartened the band cancelled the tour and sold the remaining t shirts to shifty 3rd world merchants​. They then stole the roo tapes and broadcast the video worldwide with repressed t shirts to create the illusion of an actual tour. Any person who acknowledges that tour in documented form is an infidel to the purity of the roo tapes and the truth.

Who would actually tour with a stage like this?

LT03.jpg

21 song set? Well that sucks. Springsteen has nothing to worry about.

Even more reason to ignore anything post R&H on this tour. There's just not room for it.

You've got your 11 JT tracks. Throw in Desire and something else, maybe Angel from R&H. That's 13. Add Pride, Bad & ASOH (finally) from TUF and you're up to 16. Then you've got NYD, and I guess you're going to have to throw IWF or OOC in there to keep the tempo up & casuals happy. I don't see how they can have SBS in a show that features BTBS...they take up the same thematic space on the set list. So that's 19. Still leaves room for a b-side an deeper cut. Bob's your uncle, you've got a show.

It's not the set list I'd choose (which would be JT + the "b-side" disc from the 80-90 compilation), but you need to pretty much play most of their early hits to keep it pre-R&H. It still leaves a quarter of the set list for lesser known tracks to keep us die hards happy.

22 songs. same as opening night on 360, actually.

i'm sure it'll grow to 23-24 songs as the tour goes along. it should. they'll never be springsteen, but they should be able to do a 2 1/2 hour show without issue.

I don't see how they can have SBS in a show that features BTBS...they take up the same thematic space on the set list.

Except they've done that so damn often, especially because Bullet The Blue Sky was played practically always up until it was skipped on the 360 Tour. Hell, the songs were united in the angry war-themed section of the Vertigo Tour (along with Love and Peace or Else most nights) that led into Pride, etc. And yeah, that was super predictable and got old pretty fast.

I don't like this....these last few pages have a lot of people with single and double digit posts coming in to change the tone of the discussion. Like newbie bots filling the board with #fakethoughts

...This is just another problem that arises from a nostalgia tour. A bunch of fkn casuals and noobs pop up and ruin the community.

Amiright?

Last edited:
I don't like this....these last few pages have a lot of people with single and double digit posts coming in to change the tone of the discussion. Like newbie bots filling the board with #fakethoughts

...This is just another problem that arises from a nostalgia tour. A bunch of fkn casuals and noobs pop up and ruin the community.

Amiright?

Welcome :wave:

Sounds like you're on board.

Forgetting it's the Joshua Tree tour for a moment...a normal concert setlist with A Sort Of Homecoming, NYD, Exit, Red Hill Mining Town, In Gods Country, Ultraviolet and a brand new song is fucking up there.

Forgetting it's the Joshua Tree tour for a moment...a normal concert setlist with A Sort Of Homecoming, NYD, Exit, Red Hill Mining Town, In Gods Country, Ultraviolet and a brand new song is fucking up there.
Very 80s but yes. But U2 didn't tour in the 80s. Not anywhere below the equator.

Huh, that's a surprise. Can you tell if Bono's there? Might it be just the crew?

Sounded like Bono to me. It was not the complete song just short sections. It's gotten quieter over there since but still hearing stuff.

Sounded like Bono to me. It was not the complete song just short sections. It's gotten quieter over there since but still hearing stuff.

Yeah, you don't get short sections with Bono's vocals if he's not actually there.

Really thought Bono would be resting his voice today.

I could live without hearing "One", "COBY" or "Angel of Harlem". SBS wasn't the same last tour (acoustic), so hearing it again would be okay. I'm looking forward to the unveiling of "Exit" and "One Tree Hill". Would also love to hear "Gloria" and "40" to close the set.
I'll be happy no matter what they play though. I just love going to U2 shows. Wouldn't it be great to not work this summer and just follow them all over the place?

Back
Top Bottom