SPOILERS - Vancouver Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Streets & BD are the only 2 songs that haven't taken a break since making a live debut (on a official U2 tour)??

New Years Day basically took a break on i+e. I'd consider only 3 appearances out of 76 shows as some kind of break.

Don't forget they've been rehearsing long before Vancouver. So who knows what they've been rehearsing.

Just out of interest does anyone know how the previous tours rehearsals have matched up to opening night set lists?

Final I&E rehearsal: 24 songs
I&E opening night: 24 songs

Final 360 rehearsal: 22 songs
360 opening night: 22 songs

See U2gigs (my source) for more info:
Vancouver update, 12 May 2015 - U2gigs.com and U2 Vancouver, 2015-05-14, Rogers Arena, Innocence + Experience Tour - U2 on tour
Dress rehearsal in Barcelona, 29/06 - U2gigs.com and U2 Barcelona, 2009-06-30, Camp Nou, 360° Tour - U2 on tour

I completely understand im in the minority with "Songs of Innocence" being one of my top 3 favorite U2 Albums.... but im really sad to not see anything from this album not being injected into the show at all so far. Being in the Tampa Bay area I really Hope the blu-ray isnt the closest I will get to seeing songs from that album live :(

SOI is solidly in my top 5, and I think EBW (full band) would have been a good addition, or even RBW or Iris... But they did just tour that material AND will most likely have one or two during the SOE tour... So i get it.

Vancouver update, 12 May 2015 - U2gigs.com and U2 Vancouver, 2015-05-14, Rogers Arena, Innocence + Experience Tour - U2 on tour
Dress rehearsal in Barcelona, 29/06 - U2gigs.com and U2 Barcelona, 2009-06-30, Camp Nou, 360° Tour - U2 on tour

That's a good shout, although then again there have been reports that for several rehearsals (including last night), they turned down the volume and continued the set after Miss Sarajevo. I'd think at the very least they'll tack on that new song at the very end of the show.

So going on past tours the final rehearsal is basically the same. I reckon two more songs will be added to the set. Two more at the end for a final encore. They aren't going to finish on miss Sarajevo anyway

So going on past tours the final rehearsal is basically the same. I reckon two more songs will be added to the set. Two more at the end for a final encore. They aren't going to finish on miss Sarajevo anyway

I agree. No way they close w/ MS. Still think new song to close & IWF to open

They aren't going to close with MS; they are going to close with the new song, for a total of 22 songs, per the final rehearsal (with the new song just turned down at low volume, apparently).

That's a good shout, although then again there have been reports that for several rehearsals (including last night), they turned down the volume and continued the set after Miss Sarajevo. I'd think at the very least they'll tack on that new song at the very end of the show.

I swear if they have a whole secret encore of new songs I'm going to freak out. Brass Balls.

Would like to see some SOI. Underrated album, but even I have a hard time fitting anything into this setlist. EBW full band could be an encore song, but thats really it. Maybe they'll whip out California at one of the Rose Bowl shows or in San Fran. Not much encore material in that album (pretty sure nothing ever made the IE encores).

I wonder if the reasons that prevented those songs being played the first time around, technical and otherwise will plague this tour?

I have 2 questions for miryclayu2 :

1. How come an avid U2 fan like you doesn't have the knowledge of U2 playing RTSS & EXIT on most of the night of 1987 JT tour ?
2. If you are not an avid U2 fan then why don't you take the help of Google search to know the set list of 1987 tour ?

I've been loving you a long time
Down all the years, down all the days
And I've cried for all your troubles
Smiled at your funny little ways
We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

I took shelter from a shower
And I stepped into your arms
On a rainy night in Soho
The wind was whistling all its charms
I sang you all my sorrows
You told me all your joys
Whatever happened to that old song
To all those little girls and boys

Now the song is nearly over
We may never find out what it means
But there's a light I hold before me
And you're the measure of my dreams
The measure of my dreams

Sometimes I wake up in the morning
The gingerlady by my bed
Covered in a cloak of silence
I hear you in my head
I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the fist time
I never think about the last

Still there's a light I hold before me
You're the measure of my dreams
The measure of my dreams

I have 2 questions for miryclayu2 :

1. How come an avid U2 fan like you doesn't have the knowledge of U2 playing RTSS & EXIT on most of the night of 1987 JT tour ?
2. If you are not an avid U2 fan then why don't you take the help of Google search to know the set list of 1987 tour ?
What's a Gooleg?
I've been loving you a long time
Down all the years, down all the days
And I've cried for all your troubles
Smiled at your funny little ways
We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

I took shelter from a shower
And I stepped into your arms
On a rainy night in Soho
The wind was whistling all its charms
I sang you all my sorrows
You told me all your joys
Whatever happened to that old song
To all those little girls and boys

But there's a light I hold before me
And you're the measure of my dreams
The measure of my dreams

Sometimes I wake up in the morning
The gingerlady by my bed
Covered in a cloak of silence
I hear you in my head
I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the fist time
I never think about the last

Still there's a light I hold before me
You're the measure of my dreams
The measure of my dreams

So Vertigo is expected to have it's 12 year performance streak broken?

I think only BD(16 years) and Streets(28 years) have streaks right now. AFAIK, One has been played at every city tour stop they've played for 25 years, missing some 2015 nights.

Just proper tour gigs.

Back
Top Bottom