SPOILERS - Vancouver Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the win!

Do you ever wish, even just a little bit, that you took say half of the concert and travel fees and invested it in Amazon or Google over the same time frame?

Wonder what the math on that would look like on that -- probalby fund a trip to Dublin for a show or two.

I seem to have had some opposite luck -- I saw the brief (and only?) WILATW in Kansas City and the debut of Crumbs once, plus a night of taping Rattle n Hum in Denver.
Embrace the irrational life.

Do you ever wish, even just a little bit, that you took say half of the concert and travel fees and invested it in Amazon or Google over the same time frame?

Wonder what the math on that would look like on that -- probalby fund a trip to Dublin for a show or two.

My Dad had Apple stock way back in the day. Sold it for a profit and all, but knows how much it'd be worth today too.

Those complaining about BD ( I know its been played to death) but there will a be a huge crowd response/release after MOD. Should be a cool moment in the show.

Out of my 16 shows I've heard NYD 5 times. I do enjoy that song though (the guitar work).

I do like this set better than IE. I know it doesn't cover the new material but to me its not so hit crazy like the 2nd half of the IE show.

Those complaining about BD ( I know its been played to death) but there will a be a huge crowd response/release after MOD. Should be a cool moment in the show.

Out of my 16 shows I've heard NYD 5 times. I do enjoy that song though (the guitar work).

I do like this set better than IE. I know it doesn't cover the new material but to me its not so hit crazy like the 2nd half of the IE show.
I was just impressed with the Edge Orchestra on NYD but that was matched by his playing on MoS.

I'm tired of it and it's kinda lame BUT if they use the giant screen in bright white for the chorus sections it will feel more alive. I'll add that Staring at the Sun is a stadium sing-along in need of a revisit.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Streets & BD are the only 2 songs that haven't taken a break since making a live debut (on a official U2 tour)??

Correct me if I'm wrong. Streets & BD are the only 2 songs that haven't taken a break since making a live debut (on a official U2 tour)??

BD and Vertigo.

Streets missed 12 shows on JT and one on Lovetown.

For the win!

Wonder what the math on that would look like on that -- probalby fund a trip to Dublin for a show or two..

why would you have to settle for one or the other though?

I'm tired of it and it's kinda lame BUT if they use the giant screen in bright white for the chorus sections it will feel more alive. I'll add that Staring at the Sun is a stadium sing-along in need of a revisit.

Just listened to SATS yesterday and just reminded me of what a great song it is. Yet another song that could have been the first single off of POP instead of Discotheque. I love Disco, but would have been a whole different reception to the album had another single been chosen, sans Village People...

Wonder what the math on that would look like on that -- .

sddefault.jpg

Personally, I want the band to play warhorses and old hits. Not for me, but because my wife will be seeing her first show and my parents, sister and brother in law their second. Im sure they will be very happy listening to Beautiful Day, New Year's Day and any hit we may be tired of in these threads.

Intro
SBS
NYD
ASOH
MLK
Pride
Streets
ISHFWILF
WOWY
Bullet
RTSS
RHMT
In Gods Country
Trip
One Tree Hill
Exit
MOTD

BD
Elevation
Ultraviolet
One
Miss Sarajevo

1 hr 49 min since intro started
1 hr 45 min since SBS started

Like others I'm a bit disappointed we're only getting a 21 song set. I wouldn't even consider MLK a song. I've been to the last 3 shows here in Seattle and they were all great but this one could indeed be lacking. I only say this because we may end up with 90 minutes of Mumford and that will be dreadful. This weeks rehearsals have all started at 9pm ending close to 11. They are playing at this time for a reason. Show at BC starts at 7. That's 2 hours before U2 takes the stage. Yikes! 4 hour show with the headliner only taking up half of that. Not good. It's wishful thinking but hopefully they surprise us with a few added tracks. Tops of my list would be: end of the world, acrobat, kite, unforgettable fire. It may be time to accept as fans that our favorite band in the world is "getting old" and just can't deliver like they used to.

Personally, I want the band to play warhorses and old hits. Not for me, but because my wife will be seeing her first show and my parents, sister and brother in law their second. Im sure they will be very happy listening to Beautiful Day, New Year's Day and any hit we may be tired of in these threads.

Yep. On top of that, I think plenty of people like us want to hear those songs as well or still do. I mentioned it before on here, but I have a friend from prior shows that is as huge a fan as anyone. We were sitting down in a coffee shop the day of the show talking about the set list for I&E in 2015. He said he wasn't really crazy about anything off of SOI or the album in general, so I asked what he was looking forward to hearing then. His reply? "I want to hear the hits."

I know what you mean. I'm taking 3 first time U2 show goers to Houston and then taking my 6 year old son to his first concert (technically 2nd) in Dallas. Its always priceless for 1st timers to hear a classic live.

I think U2 did a very good job on balancing hits and rarities based on the working set.

For those wondering my son did see Smash Mouth after a baseball game for his 1st concert. ......we left after 2 songs. He ask me ' Is this what U2 will be like'....:applaud:

Like others I'm a bit disappointed we're only getting a 21 song set. I wouldn't even consider MLK a song. I've been to the last 3 shows here in Seattle and they were all great but this one could indeed be lacking. I only say this because we may end up with 90 minutes of Mumford and that will be dreadful. This weeks rehearsals have all started at 9pm ending close to 11. They are playing at this time for a reason. Show at BC starts at 7. That's 2 hours before U2 takes the stage. Yikes! 4 hour show with the headliner only taking up half of that. Not good. It's wishful thinking but hopefully they surprise us with a few added tracks. Tops of my list would be: end of the world, acrobat, kite, unforgettable fire. It may be time to accept as fans that our favorite band in the world is "getting old" and just can't deliver like they used to.

After this set reports say that the volume has been turned right down and the band are still rehearsing unknown songs. One being that new song. I reckon there's another encore of two songs after that set. They have something up their sleeves don't you worry about that

After this set reports say that the volume has been turned right down and the band are still rehearsing unknown songs. One being that new song. I reckon there's another encore of two songs after that set. They have something up their sleeves don't you worry about that

I also have to agree, I don't think that the 21 songs that they have been consistently rehearsing will end up being the final set we hear tomorrow night, they will know that everyone will already have an idea of the set and to do that without any surprises will be very poor in my opinion

Expecting 24/25 songs tomorrow night

Why would they be holding something back for just one show, though? It makes zero sense. If they have a surprise second encore, that would be great for those in Vancouver who aren't expecting it. But after that it would cease to be a surprise for every other show on the tour.

They rehearsed 24 songs at their last full rehearsal right before the I&E tour started and then performed 24 songs on opening night. No bonus songs up their sleeve.

Why would they be holding something back for just one show, though? It makes zero sense. If they have a surprise second encore, that would be great for those in Vancouver who aren't expecting it. But after that it would cease to be a surprise for every other show on the tour.

Don't forget they've been rehearsing long before Vancouver. So who knows what they've been rehearsing.

Just out of interest does anyone know how the previous tours rehearsals have matched up to opening night set lists?

I completely understand im in the minority with "Songs of Innocence" being one of my top 3 favorite U2 Albums.... but im really sad to not see anything from this album being injected into the show at all so far. Being in the Tampa Bay area I really Hope the blu-ray isnt the closest I will get to seeing songs from that album live :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom