***SPOILERS*** U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour - Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not seeing how there can be such a big chasm when the thing that sinks American Soul is the lyrics, and Bono isn't singing new lines.

Plus, the fucking megaphone.

So if you ask me it's worse. Sure the instrumental aspects stomp, but that's true of the studio version as well. Now we have cringey lyrics through a megaphone. Spare me.

(At least using the megaphone for American Soul makes a slight bit more sense than for Pride, though.)

This.

The Megaphone is awful. Makes a terrible song even worse.

The bullhorn is so over the top ridiculously bad how can anyone say it’s a good live? The SNL performance was the most embarrassing U2 moment I’ve ever seen.

Hold my beer!

I'll concede that the Bull Horn on SNL (and everywhere) is absurd but:

1- Bono+Kygo showing up on live TV via a motor boat and then Bono proceeding to lip sync Best Thing while making very awkward motions during the performance

2- Opening the ei shows lip syncing LIAWHL

3- Yoko Ono glasses+half shaved+Vertigo style wig...I mean hair

4- "Macphisto" snap chat filter

With all that said, the bullhorn is still 100% crap and the fact that he uses it on several songs (GOOYOW, AS and Pride that I have seen) makes it that much worse.

I've dedicated my life to far worse things than that, come at me.

That would be... magnificent.

No need. When you say something as ridiculous as 'your opinions are bad' well there's not much more to say.

Other than maybe 'good on ya, snippet boy'.

How many farts last night in LA btw?

No need. When you say something as ridiculous as 'your opinions are bad' well there's not much more to say.

Other than maybe 'good on ya, snippet boy'.

How many farts last night in LA btw?

Eight farts; a particularly wet one sounded rather like your screen name.

I'm beginning to see how you have 150 thousand posts. Really great work Snippet Boy.

Although I have to say, your opinions are bad.

Oooh the post count insult, I haven't heard that one before. Nice original material m80. Remind me which past banned member you are again?

You should ask Snippet Boy who started this nonsense.

Wtf is wrong with you, inability to read?

Oooh now we get to play the "he started it! No, he started it!" game, that time-honoured way of continuing an inane argument. You are good. Keep it up, Haver of Bad Opinions.

Today's Stupid Internet Slapfight is brought to you by Bono's Bullhorn.

Shout incomprehensibly at your neighbors! Impress your crush by bullhorn-whispering swret nothings in their general direction! It has an American flag in it!

Get yours today!

I, for one, am grateful for Ax’s site. I especially enjoy reading about the early years. It’s the best resource online for U2 info, and I find myself wishing more of my favorite bands had sites just like it.

Oooh now we get to play the "he started it! No, he started it!" game, that time-honoured way of continuing an inane argument. You are good. Keep it up, Haver of Bad Opinions.

there's actually no argument here.

if you don't want people punching back at you, don't post asshole comments. that's what you did, and that's what you got. it's pretty simple.

Back
Top Bottom