SPOILER - Rehearsals at Nou Camp Part II - SPOILER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the following - either with his pedals and strings (if you saw Adams vids he can change his sound pretty easily with the tap of a foot); the guys-beneath-the-stage-conspiracy as criticized earlier this year or you have pre-recorded.

At promo appearances, Terry Lawless has done keys for Magnificent, hasn't he?

Also, just dawned on me that Elevation wasn't rehearsed today. :up:

Maybe it's just that I'm over Streets, I don't know. Though I've always considered Bad to be on a live plane above Streets, even when I was in love with Streets. I'm not necessarily talking in terms of crowd reactions, just in terms of what song consistently defines all the best aspects of a U2 concert .. the epic climax of Bad is something Streets just can't match, even with its famous intro.

It's because the only live shows you have seen had the neutered africa version

U2Barcelona site (U2 Barcelona - Links) has the following rehearsal set list for today:

Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful Day
I still have't found what I'm looking for
Drowning Man
Bad
In a little while
Angel of Harlem
Bono's speech
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
Even better than the real thing (Perfecto mix with full band playing)
City of Blinding lights
Pride
MLK (during Desmon Tutu speech)
Where the streets have no name
Ultraviolet
With or without you
Walk on
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Moment of Surrender

:applaud: MOS is the perfect gig closer.:applaud:
Wow great great setlist, but im not sure playing a remix is that great, id rather have them doing the original EBTTRT but ok.

That setlist is great, but I don't think this will be the actual running order. Looking through the list it appears to me that some songs would work very well in that particular order, others seem a bit strange. Good to see they're also rehearsing the new songs again. I'm still disappointed SUC didn't make it into the set, it just screams to be played at a stadium show. BUT if the setlist looks like that, I'd be very happy.

I still don't get it, don't mean to be rude, but:

Summer 2008, almost no person knows that Bono is in his house at the beach in france when he play the unreleased album. Fans outside recorded it.

Summer 2009, almost every person know that U2 is in the stadium and do rehearsals, almost no one is recroded it.

Isnt is strange? I realy hope that they open the next tour in a country where people know how to use their camera and cellphones...

Is it realy so that no one have recorded more then those 5 audio clips from the first rehearsal night, pre-recorded Pride(youtube) and Walk On(youtube)?

Summer 2008, almost no person knows that Bono is in his house at the beach in france when he play the unreleased album. Fans outside recorded it.

Summer 2009, almost every person know that U2 is in the stadium and do rehearsals, almost no one is recroded it.

Isnt is strange? I realy hope that they open the next tour in a country where people know how to use their camera and cellphones...

Is it realy so that no one have recorded more then those 5 audio clips from the first rehearsal night, pre-recorded Pride(youtube) and Walk On(youtube)?

sound is low and distant from outside, taping attempts have been done but all i heard was crap

you could be stuck in the dark old days when you only found out what was played when you went to a show.

maybe relax and realise it won't be long before we have good audio from the shows?

Someone on U2eastlink has posted audio of Walk on and Crazy Tonight from yesterday's rehearsals. Says Bono's voice sounds very good. Says Moment of Surrender was the last song, it sounded good but they seem to be still working on the beginning of the song.

Like the looks of that setlist I'd be happy with it :up:
And I agree with Axver - throw in A Sort of Homecoming too :D

I second this.
A Sort of Homecoming + Streets + Bad = Ultimate live performance by any band dead or alive. In my humble opinion.
Would be interesting to see how Bono could translate to the present day the passion and urgent emotions from ASoH and Bad.

Mullen talks about an extended acoustic set in the middle, about revisiting songs from Achtung Baby and never-before-played gems from early in their career

:doh:

i really hope DM isn't being rehearsed as acoustic.

BAD! :fuckyeah:

As far as I'm concerned, Bad is U2's definitive live song, not Streets. Thrilled to see it appear in rehearsals. Now come on U2, rehearse A Sort Of Homecoming and you'll be bringing the UF lovefest in an ideal way.

Also, EBTTRT? Played in Perfecto Mix style? :ohmy:

Amen to that!:up: Couldn't agree more.. When I hear the first notes of Bad it sends me into the universe everytime...

Oh yes, Probably they chose Barcelona because they knew about their poor little third world style people and were certain that nobody could use those sophisticated machines.

sound is low and distant from outside, taping attempts have been done but all i heard was crap

There is traffic enough in that street. I read also that neighbours complained as well and volume was lowered from second day

Someone on U2eastlink has posted audio of Walk on and Crazy Tonight from yesterday's rehearsals. Says Bono's voice sounds very good. Says Moment of Surrender was the last song, it sounded good but they seem to be still working on the beginning of the song.

Could you post a link?

It's because the only live shows you have seen had the neutered africa version

You don't know that. Streets lost a lot of its punch with the new intro.

"Neutered africa version"??? Where do you people come up with this shit? :lmao:

I suppose in all your concern about how the africa flags were somehow 'ruining my song', it completely went over your head that for the first time (ever?), U2 was actually performing the song in album key/tuning??!

Un-neuter Streets- bring back the orange backdrop and raise every house light when the song kicks in...guaranteed to be the highlight of any show...

I don't think you actually saw this live. The lights did come up when the song kicked in. And again the blinding crowd wash during the bridge. Of course, the DVD didn't effectively show the first flash, granted. But if you were there in person it was VERY moving. Brilliant, in fact.

Grow up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom