South Sandwich Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF was with that falling through? God, I just don't get some of the elitism and snobbery. Does it really make some people feel better to have rare shit and know that serious fans who'd love to hear shows they attended can't?

Heh, I'm just feeling pretty tired and a bit miserable this evening for no readily apparent reason, so I'm thinking I'll turn in early. Especially with not much happening here.

I've no idea at all what the go was. One minute I was in, the next day I check my e-mails and its "sorry we don't want you anymore", well basically. My guess, maybe someone "ratted me out", Don't know why, I wasn't going to torrent the shows, I was gonna send you a copy though.

Didn't you have a friend who was doing the same thing with the Aussie shows?

I'm still feeling tired at work during the day, but I haven't been as sick as you expected to me to be. Maybe I avoided the Glaxvirus?

I've no idea at all what the go was. One minute I was in, the next day I check my e-mails and its "sorry we don't want you anymore", well basically. My guess, maybe someone "ratted me out", Don't know why, I wasn't going to torrent the shows, I was gonna send you a copy though.

Didn't you have a friend who was doing the same thing with the Aussie shows?

I'm still feeling tired at work during the day, but I haven't been as sick as you expected to me to be. Maybe I avoided the Glaxvirus?

That's pretty bloody strange. But then most stuff surrounding the trading community is strange. I'm sure this coming tour, we'll get some more lulz. And yeah, one of my friends was going to be doing the same thing - until his gear was stolen just before the Brisbane show! So unfortunately he wasn't able to do it.

Ooh, maybe you have escaped it. Lucky bugger!

That's pretty bloody strange. But then most stuff surrounding the trading community is strange. I'm sure this coming tour, we'll get some more lulz. And yeah, one of my friends was going to be doing the same thing - until his gear was stolen just before the Brisbane show! So unfortunately he wasn't able to do it.

Stolen!!? I think I remember you telling me. God that sucks. The people must have known what they were going for!

Stolen!!? I think I remember you telling me. God that sucks. The people must have known what they were going for!

I'm not so sure they were - I think it was just an opportunist who happened to get rather lucky and found something they knew they could hock off at Cash Converters or wherever for a good bit of money. Fucking tosser. We could've had some very nice recordings!

I'm not so sure they were - I think it was just an opportunist who happened to get rather lucky and found something they knew they could hock off at Cash Converters or wherever for a good bit of money. Fucking tosser. We could've had some very nice recordings!

:madspit:

Yeah we think something similar happend when we had our car stolen about 10-11 year ago. We got it back the next day, caught 'em filling up with fuel. But we never got back my good discman and a lot of cd's.

They left my Pokémon cards though :wink:

:madspit:

Yeah we think something similar happend when we had our car stolen about 10-11 year ago. We got it back the next day, caught 'em filling up with fuel. But we never got back my good discman and a lot of cd's.

They left my Pokémon cards though :wink:

Wow, at least you guys got it back! And the precious Pokemon cards. I'm sure GG2 will appreciate that. :wink:

I honestly haven't been the victim of any major theft, touch wood. I remember when a family friend's house was robbed, though. He came home while it was happening and was oblivious - the thief must've heard him arrive and hid in the attic. He pottered around, noticed a couple of things were misplaced, put them back, left again ... and when he came home, the place had been thoroughly done over.

Wow that's a bit creepy. I don't really like the idea of someone hanging around the house. Specially if they've got a weapon of sorts or something.

Oh I've got a bit of a Uni update. I'm not actually going to Uni next year, but I'm going to Box Hill Tafe. Assuming I get in that is......I can't get into uni to do the Civil Engineering course because of my Enter Score being Shit and I didn't do maths methods in year 12 :happy:

Tafe seems to be the better option though, Its only $800 a year (plus text books and a few other things I guess) Its only 4 days a week....and yeah, its only 1 year, Orrrrr I can do a second year for an advanced diploma.

Wow that's a bit creepy. I don't really like the idea of someone hanging around the house. Specially if they've got a weapon of sorts or something.

Oh I've got a bit of a Uni update. I'm not actually going to Uni next year, but I'm going to Box Hill Tafe. Assuming I get in that is......I can't get into uni to do the Civil Engineering course because of my Enter Score being Shit and I didn't do maths methods in year 12 :happy:

Tafe seems to be the better option though, Its only $800 a year (plus text books and a few other things I guess) Its only 4 days a week....and yeah, its only 1 year, Orrrrr I can do a second year for an advanced diploma.

Yeah, it was a creepy story ... apparently the guy'd armed himself with a knife from the kitchen too, and it was really lucky nothing more came of it. If I remember correctly, at least nothing significant was stolen, just electronics and things that were easily replaced through insurance.

Oh, you can't get into civil engineering at all? I thought your work experience meant you could. That's a bit of a shame, but if TAFE's going to work for you, then cool. Might you use that as a stepping stone to uni or something, or won't you need to?

Yeah the whole political U2 trading crap, God it pissed me off. Remember I was going to go round Australia and record the aussie shows with some IEM equipment, and then suddenly they didn't want my services.
This confuses me. If you wanted to record the shows, why not do it anyway? Were they going to pay you or something?

Who the hell is "they" anyway?? Some bootlegging mafia?

I honestly haven't been the victim of any major theft, touch wood. I remember when a family friend's house was robbed, though. He came home while it was happening and was oblivious - the thief must've heard him arrive and hid in the attic. He pottered around, noticed a couple of things were misplaced, put them back, left again ... and when he came home, the place had been thoroughly done over.
:yikes:

That would FREAK ME OUT. :yikes:

Hi! :wave:

Oh, you can't get into civil engineering at all? I thought your work experience meant you could. That's a bit of a shame, but if TAFE's going to work for you, then cool. Might you use that as a stepping stone to uni or something, or won't you need to?

I believe I still can go onto uni, umm If I pass the Diploma, then go off and do the advanced diploma and pass with a score of at least 75% I can go straight into year 3 of the engineering course at swinburne.

That is, if I can afford it, and be bothered! :wink:

Far out, here is Bruce's setlist from today!

Apparently (and I don't know the song) but Ricky wants A Man, has NEVER been played live before, and I'm assuming its a pretty old song!

Ricky Wants a Man of Her Own
Cynthia
Radio Nowhere
No Surrender
Out in the Street
Hungry Heart
Spirit in the Night
Boys
Cadillac Ranch
Workin' on the Highway
It's All Over Now
Candy's Room
Gypsy Biker
Youngstown
The Promised Land
Livin' in the Future
Mary's Place
Devils & Dust
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
Born to Run
Rosalita
American Land
Save the Last Dance for Me/Dancing in the Dark
Rockin' All Over the World

The only reason I put myself through the torture of Year 12 Methods was that I needed it to get into a science course at uni. I got a D, but I passed, and that was all I needed! :lol:

*hates maths*

Evening, Ali! :wave:

I believe I still can go onto uni, umm If I pass the Diploma, then go off and do the advanced diploma and pass with a score of at least 75% I can go straight into year 3 of the engineering course at swinburne.

That is, if I can afford it, and be bothered! :wink:

Ahh, right. Will the TAFE diploma be all you need in any case?

And I wish U2 would do some sets as long as Bruce's. :drool:

The only reason I put myself through the torture of Year 12 Methods was that I needed it to get into a science course at uni. I got a D, but I passed, and that was all I needed! :lol:

*hates maths*

I hate maths too, but apparently I can drop some of the maths classes at tafe and do as little math as possible

:FUCKYEAH:

Evening, Ali! :wave:

Ahh, right. Will the TAFE diploma be all you need in any case?

And I wish U2 would do some sets as long as Bruce's. :drool:

Tafe will be nationally acredited, I think the uni degree is acredited world wide. Thats not to say I won't be able to get a job overseas anyway with my advance diploma from Tafe.

*hates maths*

I once enjoyed maths. The new concepts tended to interest me. But doing example after example drove it into the ground to the point of tedium, and then I got stuck with a couple of dodgy teachers and that was that.

I'm kinda scared that Interference can read all my posts now and tell me if I'm trying to post a duplicate... :uhoh:

And yet it doesn't seem to work for Ravva! :lol:

I hate maths too, but apparently I can drop some of the maths classes at tafe and do as little math as possible

:FUCKYEAH:

:rockon:

The only maths I had to do at uni was stats stuff, and they tried to get us to calculate the Hubble Constant in first year Earth Science. I managed to screw it up anyway!

Yes, according to me, the universe is shaped like the Playboy bunny symbol, and is both expanding and contracting simultaneously. :up:

I once enjoyed maths. The new concepts tended to interest me. But doing example after example drove it into the ground to the point of tedium, and then I got stuck with a couple of dodgy teachers and that was that.
I kinda had it the other way round... a lot of it made no sense to me at first, and unless I had a good teacher, they tended to move on before I knew what the hell was going on.
Luckily I had an awesome teacher in year 12 (go Mr. Vigilante!), and that was probably the only reason I passed at all.

And yet it doesn't seem to work for Ravva! :lol:
Maybe hers start out as triple posts or something... *L*

:rockon:

The only maths I had to do at uni was stats stuff, and they tried to get us to calculate the Hubble Constant in first year Earth Science. I managed to screw it up anyway!

Yes, according to me, the universe is shaped like the Playboy bunny symbol, and is both expanding and contracting simultaneously. :up:

:lmao:

I'm so glad I haven't had to do any maths at university. History and PolSci for the win. Whatever passion I had around grade 10 for maths was sucked out of me by grade 12. I went from being the top maths student in the grade to finding a loophole in the rules that allowed me to drop all maths study despite it being "compulsory".

Hey :D

Ooh, I'm going to (finally) see the new X-Files movie tomorrow night...

Its still showing? :hyper:

Big fan of the show were/are you? I'd say if you are, you'll love it. I've been to see it twice, because the first time my bladder of a 90 year old (or 3 year old, I'm not sure), made me miss about half the movie.

The second time I saw it, I enjoyed the movie a whole lot better. I'm slowly working my way though the DVD's, i'm halfway through season two.

I kinda had it the other way round... a lot of it made no sense to me at first, and unless I had a good teacher, they tended to move on before I knew what the hell was going on.
Luckily I had an awesome teacher in year 12 (go Mr. Vigilante!), and that was probably the only reason I passed at all.

Maybe hers start out as triple posts or something... *L*

I always enjoyed new concepts being introduced because, well, it was something new! I was especially interested in new trigonometric stuff and calculus. But as soon as it wore on ... well, before I quit in grade 12, during advanced calculus lessons, I spent my time drawing railway maps and writing U2 setlists. Don't ask me how the fuck I passed. It was the final straw and that's when I quit and stuck with the Humanities subjects exclusively.

I'm so glad I haven't had to do any maths at university. History and PolSci for the win. Whatever passion I had around grade 10 for maths was sucked out of me by grade 12. I went from being the top maths student in the grade to finding a loophole in the rules that allowed me to drop all maths study despite it being "compulsory".
:ohmy: How'd you manage that??

Its still showing? :hyper:

Big fan of the show were/are you? I'd say if you are, you'll love it. I've been to see it twice, because the first time my bladder of a 90 year old (or 3 year old, I'm not sure), made me miss about half the movie.

The second time I saw it, I enjoyed the movie a whole lot better. I'm slowly working my way though the DVD's, i'm halfway through season two.
Yeah, it seemed to drop off the cinemas pretty fast but it's still showing at Chadstone (and a couple of other places). I've got Hoyts vouchers, so I figured I should see while I still can. (I do want to see Batman again too, but it looks like that's going to be going for a while yet.)

I loved the TV series while I was at Uni the first time, it was compulsory viewing in one of the communal TV rooms at halls. :wink: I wasn't around for the very start, and I completely lost interest after Mulder left (and I finished Uni around then, too). I really should get hold of it and watch it again... There's probably a lot of early eps that I never saw. Although they were pretty good about showing re-runs during the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom