SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to the CD leak after listening to the FB stream yesterday. This is a very remarkable album.. I'd go as far as saying that it is the best produced they ever released. Can also not believe how strong the songs actually are, musically and lyrically..

For now I'd say it is their Abbey Road, because of the musicality and variety, I'm not hoping it's their last album though :)

I'm not going to root my own horn, but
tin-man.gif

Haha!!! enjoy the Sonos. Been blasting the album throughout the house all morning!!

Okay, I'm gonna hazard a guess on the live staples on the EI tour from this album.

Lights of home
American Soul
Summer of Love
Red Flag Day
Showman
Blackout
Love is Bigger than anything in its way

On the heals of JT2017 I’m going with they play the entire album. Sprinkle in some SOI, AB, UF, War. Oh well one can dream!!!

Oh, I forgot to add The Best Thing (gonna do it in an edit now) but if they do play that, it will mainly be because it was the first single.

And I am sure some others will make appearances, such as Landlady and Love is All We Have Left, but I cannot see how they won't play those songs every night.

Looking forward to more people experiencing the album and seeing people post combination playlists, mixing Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience!

Really looking forward to hearing the HQ rip tonight. Also, I think it’s time for all songs to get their own threads, right?

#1, thanks to who ever did the CD quality rips even though I already knew I loved this CD from the low quality stream but this is just GREAT like the old days with Interference leaks (I once hosted a bunch on my personal web server, I think from ATYCLB)..

#2 This album is nothing like I have been hearing from official reviews, no, Red Flag Day doesn't sound like Out of Control AT ALL. It's more mellower but the album as a whole is BEAUTIFUL. Moving. Intense.

#3 It's funny that some of the words that come to mind with this album are those I think of with fine wines, earthy and organic come to mind

#4 This is such a mixed bag, the first official songs are not representative of the rest of the album...but I like it all

#5 Bono sounds GREAT

#6 U2 is atmospheric once again

#7 Little Things album version is sooooo awesome!

#8 Reminds me a little of Seconds from War, In A Little While & Wild Honey from ATYCLB, also it makes me think of "A Man And A Woman" from HTDAAB, some of the mood from UF, there is like something here from each U2 era - American Soul to HTDAAB, The Blackout to AB, etc etc yet this sounds like none of them. And it reminds me of harmonious beach 70s music, I feel like I could drive up the PCH from Santa Monica to Ventura County with the top down blasting this album and it would fit.

#9 It is perfect grown up U2

#10 I am happy with this, I am a U2 fan since 1983 and an mature and rational enough to know they will never sound like that again, I've known this all my life and they rarely disappoint me so I am more than content.

Last edited:
BOYH I might sub in for Blackout eventually. Could have been a cool late album reflective piece.

My one complaint has settled into shape: I think the attempts to be politically relevant (GOOYOW verse 2, all of AS, most of Blackout) don't work nearly as well as the personal address to a pervasive darkness (Love is All, Lights of Home, Little Things, Landlady, LIAWHL, 13). I also still don't like this version of TBT, though I suspect a pretty decent version was possible.

I'm getting this off my chest only because I love this album.

I totally agree. I was very worried about the whole "we gotta delay this to add in politics!!" thing, but I'm elated that it seemingly only affected the songs we had already heard, and compared to the immense personal emotion of the rest of the album, it comes across really hamfistedly. Other than Blackout, AS, and GOOYOW, I haven't noticed any political commentary at all, just personal inflection and life and love.

I still haven't heard the extra tracks. Trying to stretch this wondrous feeling out as much as possible

There's a big reward for you waiting then: Book Of Your Heart !

My favourite so far. It's spacious, epic, melancholic, dark AB-atmosphere.. Bono full-voice in the end. Simply wonderfull!

Interesting production and vocal processing. Not sure I like it, though. Bono's voice has had the edges buffed away a bit.

There's a big reward for you waiting then: Book Of Your Heart !

My favourite so far. It's spacious, epic, melancholic, dark AB-atmosphere.. Bono full-voice in the end. Simply wonderfull!
Okay, you see, that is actually making me want to wait longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom