SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But seriously, I think Interference should give itself a hand. Thank you guys. This has been an Experience... possibly my favourite pre album buildup and it just wouldn't have been the same without Interference, not by a long shot.

There has been joy to find others thinking the same about songs, slight consternation (passing) at some trashing the material that I liked but I wouldn't have it any other way. And also, apologies for my part in briefly turning this into a cricket (no, not the insect) forum.

By the way, where is Axver?

Last edited:
I’m all u2ed out. I think I will get a break from listening. Maybe one more time tonight! Now I have to figure out how to get the songs to transfer to my iPhone so I can listen to them on my car. My ride through heavy traffic to work tomorrow will be much better if I can get these on my phone!

Just drag the mp3’s Into a new playlist folder on your iTunes. Plug in your phone, and drag the new playlist onto your phone.
Eject your phone, done.

I hope this isnt the last album....this record showed me they are not out of ideas yet! Great job guys...Where I will rate this album in the U2 catalogue will take some time....but it really is a great album.

I knew dude would be mad lol.

That feeling you have when you are 3 bottles of wine in and everything makes sense. Then you wake up and wonder wtf you did. Now Guy O shows up at your door and says Rob you have some splaining to do!!!

But seriously, I think Interference should give itself a hand. Thank you guys. This has been an Experience... possibly my favourite pre album buildup and it just wouldn't have been the same without Interference, not by a long shot.

Yeah this was the most fun leak of all the prior album leaks...

urinal-etiquette.jpg

...glad to share it with Interference.

Oh, my heart :heart:

I loved SOI, each tune was solid (and why Crystal Ballroom was left off I'll never understand). However as much as I loved SOI, I felt it was lacking the space, the atmosphere that we've had on past U2 albums.

SOE has it in spades. I was a bit worried by the singles, though I enjoyed them and they were catchy, they didn't *grab* me emotionally the way I want U2 songs to. I felt they were trying too hard to be mainstream, yet again.

I know it's painfully cliche around here, but SOE is full of soul. A wounded, matured soul with a greater sense of perspective. It is a perfect companion to SOI, you can really see/hear what the band was trying to achieve with these two.

I could easily gush more, but I'm looking forward to see how this album continues to grow and evolve over the next few months and years.

Couldn't be happier to be part of the U2 fam :wave:

The lad who originally streamed it online. Can he get down for privacy rights ??

Oh, my heart :heart:

I loved SOI, each tune was solid (and why Crystal Ballroom was left off I'll never understand). However as much as I loved SOI, I felt it was lacking the space, the atmosphere that we've had on past U2 albums.

SOE has it in spades. I was a bit worried by the singles, though I enjoyed them and they were catchy, they didn't *grab* me emotionally the way I want U2 songs to. I felt they were trying too hard to be mainstream, yet again.

I know it's painfully cliche around here, but SOE is full of soul. A wounded, matured soul with a greater sense of perspective. It is a perfect companion to SOI, you can really see/hear what the band was trying to achieve with these two.

I could easily gush more, but I'm looking forward to see how this album continues to grow and evolve over the next few months and years.

Couldn't be happier to be part of the U2 fam :wave:

Ditto.

I’ll admit it — a couple of songs moved me to well earned tears. Like my journey — everyone’s journey — with them for the past 25+ years has been drawn into focus by the second half of this album.

Lights go Home and Summer of Love are just... wow!
Showman, Red Flag Day, Blackout and Little Things are also very, very good.
I'm enjoying it more than SOI at first listen.

Is there a small difference in quality between the leak and the i-tunes versions or is it just my ears?

On the Elevation tour, when they'd play 'The Fly', Edge would open the song with a trippy guitar progression. On top of that, Bono would riff, "You step out into a sports hall, lights go down, and everything changes. Light in motion, light in motion. Shine a light on the ocean, shine a light on the ocean" (at least that's what they did at their MSG concerts). I feel like I'm hearing that same trippy guitar progression throughout Red Flag Day. And I wonder if that opening riff seeded Red Flag Day. :drool:

Last edited:
After hearing the record, I am surprised by it! I love it. Was genuinely worried after Best Thing, but literally that's just a sore spot in an otherwise amazing album! Really enjoying it, beautiful thing! Restrained myself from hearing yesterday's stream leak, but with the proper CD Rip is amazing!

God help me it's been so long since I posted on this forum I keep wanting to "like" people's posts :|

Anyway. The Little Things studio >>>> live. Usually I prefer their live stuff, but I didn't care for what I had heard. The studio version blows it out of the water. My favourite on the album so far.

Just drag the mp3’s Into a new playlist folder on your iTunes. Plug in your phone, and drag the new playlist onto your phone.
Eject your phone, done.

I tried that but no luck! The other day to get the singles in I updated my IOS to the latest update and it worked. Today it doesn’t work again. I updated today to the latest iTunes version and no luck. I turned off my iCloud and tried a few other small things and no cigar.

On the Elevation tour, when they'd play 'The Fly', Edge would open the song with a trippy guitar progression. On top of that, Bono would riff, "You step out into a sports hall, lights go down, and everything changes. Light in motion, light in motion. Shine a light on the ocean, shine a light on the ocean" (at least that's what they did at their MSG concerts). I feel like I'm hearing that same trippy guitar progression throughout Red Flag Day. And I wonder if that opening riff seeded Red Flag Day. :drool:

Wow, cool observation. That version of The Fly is one of my favorite live U2 moments. Can’t wait to hear it now.

About to board a flight and give the album my first spin. Here we go!!

Wow, this CD quality version. :drool::drool::drool:

Summer of Love, Red Flag Day, The Showman, Little Things, Landlady and of course Blackout are all just damn good songs.

And, Love is Bigger is not only one of the best 'pop' songs they've ever done, but one of the best pop songs done by anyone in the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom