SOE 25 - The Freakout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, fair point was just an odd thing to do really, unless they just want to release the info when the single comes out
If I had to guess, its probably something like tracklisting, or bringing the release date forward (less likely), or changing their choice for a second single based on the reaction to blackout.

Least likely would be delaying the apbum at this advanced stage

Guess am just a little paranoid, was looking forward to having the release date and track listing though

Well, here is hoping Tidal drop TBT tomorrow, and a kind soul shares it. Tidal has hi-res audio, so should be a good quality rip too.

Well, here is hoping Tidal drop TBT tomorrow, and a kind soul shares it. Tidal has hi-res audio, so should be a good quality rip too.

Don't be changing subject it's your fault why I am now so paranoid about the album!!! Haha

Blackout kind of reminded me of Coldplays "Politik" in a kind of dark way.

Perhaps slight hints of Politik and a little bit of Violet Hill. But in general it's rougher than anything Coldplay has put out.

Okay, I am sure this is way out of left field, but how would this be for a release strategy. Release one song every week, in the order they are set out on the tracklist. Give each song time to sink in. 12 songs, 12 weeks, then release a deluxe version with outtakes and b-sides on December 1.

Has someone else done this before or is it just a stupid idea?

But again this is U2, the band who constantly second guess themselves, so yes I am concerned

If anything was happening on tidal surely there would be a big press campaign for it, it wouldn't just sneak out barely unnoticed.

schyppst.jpg

No one would buy it at the end though. Traditionally albums sell because people get hooked on singles and want more
It just seems an inordinately long gap. Now more than ever, with ever-decreasing attention spans, they should capitalise on whatever buzz thats being generated.

About no one buying the album, how many did the physical copy of SOI shift after that giveaway? And considering that they went a similar route before, of virtually releasing an album some time before physically releasing it, how important do you think it is to them?

I am personally a fan of the method you mentioned... releasing a single to get people interested in buying an album. But I am not of this day and age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom