US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He must be tired from studying about Gettysburg. Deadliest battle of the Civil War, but so beautiful and amazing.

I'm 100 percent certain that the idea of another civil war excites him, because anything that's all about him is exciting to him.

Robert E Lee should really be back in favor in this country according to Trump and all his bigoted followers.

Last edited:
Shot.

GLOEikkXQAEZwED

Sleepy Don is low energy

Chaser.
GLOxEcKWQAAgP-3

He must be tired from studying about Gettysburg. Deadliest battle of the Civil War, but so beautiful and amazing.

I'm 100 percent certain that the idea of another civil war excites him, because anything that's all about him is exciting to him.

Robert E Lee should really be back in favor in this country according to Trump and all his bigoted followers.

never fight up hill me boys.

4fe01cc7ca603ad149f209b386d35efb.gif

The best thing about this trial is that Trump has to spend every day in a courtroom and will miss several rounds of golf.

10:49 a.m. ET, April 16, 2024

Trump violated gag order, Manhattan District Attorney's office says in motion filed in court​

From CNN's Kara Scannell

The Manhattan District Attorney's office has filed a motion on Tuesday to show cause that Donald Trump violated the gag order imposed by Judge Juan Merchan.
"This Court should again admonish defendant to comply with his obligations under the order. And finally, this Court should warn defendant that future violations of this Court's restrictions on his extrajudicial statements can be punished not only with additional fines but also with a term of incarceration of up to thirty days. It is absolutely critical that defendant immediately halt any conduct that would violate the April 1 order's narrow restrictions to protect the integrity of the ongoing trial," prosecutors wrote in their filing.
The prosecutors are asking the court to fine Trump $1,000 per violation. Merchan scheduled a hearing on the district attorney’s motion on April 23 at 9:30 a.m. ET.
On Monday, prosecutor Joshua Steinglass brought up some of Trump's recent Truth Social posts and said they violated the gag order to not make statements about potential witnesses. Among the posts, prosecutors cited one from last Wednesday when Trump references "two sleazebags," which, in the context, are Michael Cohen and Stormy Daniels.

A man set himself on fire outside of Trump's trial today
I really hope this doesn’t catch on over here. I know it’s looked upon differently in the East but it’s still immoral no matter who does it or what your intention is.

The sacrifice one makes would seem to have more meaning if it actually changes the issue.

But this guy did it because of some conspiracy of new world order etc etc.

And he didn’t die.

Yes, be he died later in the evening. What a sad end to what had to been a very confusing and scary life to get to that stage of self harm

On different note

Another success for Biden. While he may not get the credit, the shit he has gotten done in 4 years….with the last two years dealing with Russian takeover of the GOP in the house.

The delay was horrible and cost Ukraine dearly, but very happy to see that aid will get to them.

The Dems are the only serious party

Lots of civil unrest at college campuses….

It’s really tiring to watch to be honest. I’m all for standing up for the oppressed and human rights but same time it seems so so odd that only one specific group seems to get the support of American Left when others seem to be forgotten.

Now the narrative is this is of course Joe Biden’s fault. How can we vote for a party and President who warns us that a Trump term will issue in mass arrests when that’s exactly what is happening now

There’s just no context. Nothing subtle. No actual facts.

The federal government is not sending in the guard, the army, etc.

The governor of Texas ordered state troopers & police to arrest. Columbia president called in NYPD, not the military.

What does the fed have to do with any of this ?

I still believe Biden keep doing what he’s doing. Continue to pressure Israel to ceasefire (tho Hamas has rejected all proposals put up), and focus on the economy and winning over Nikki Haley voters.

These protests don’t really seem to move the middle much at all. Great for both sides of the extreme spectrum but i think people are tired of it

Politico.com

An Arizona grand jury has indicted 18 allies of Donald Trump for their efforts to subvert the 2020 election — including former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Boris Epshteyn.

The indictment, which includes felony counts of conspiracy, fraud and forgery, also describes Trump as an unindicted co-conspirator.

“Defendants and unindicted coconspirators schemed to prevent the lawful transfer of the presidency to keep Unindicted Coconspirator 1 in office against the will of Arizona's voters,” the 58-page indictment reads.

The names of seven of the defendants, including Meadows, Giuliani and Epshteyn, are redacted, but the document makes clear who they are by describing their roles. Others include attorneys John Eastman, Jenna Ellis and Christina Bobb, as well as Trump 2020 campaign operative Mike Roman.

Ken Chesebro, an attorney who helped devise Trump’s post-election strategy, is described as “unindicted coconspirator 4.” The other three unindicted co-conspirators are state Sen. Kelly Townsend, former state Rep. Mark Finchem, and former Arizona GOP lawyer Jack Wilenchik.

Just not a serious country anymore. And it took a guy like Donald Trump to break it haha

I have no confidence at all that the SC will rule on this. They’ll punt it which is exactly what Trump wants. It’ll mean no trial in 2024

Just not a serious country anymore. And it took a guy like Donald Trump to break it haha

I have no confidence at all that the SC will rule on this. They’ll punt it which is exactly what Trump wants. It’ll mean no trial in 2024

The silver lining is that at least after Trump loses this year and incites more violence, they can just at those charges to the existing case.

Well I'll say this, if the Supreme Court (I don't think they will) actually sides with Trump and says that a Presidential Immunity is a thing, then I hope Biden is paying attention because he can now make any rule he wants, and I'd start with firing Supreme Court Justices and immediately deporting Donald Trump due to numerous acts of treason.

I don't think they'll go that far, but based on some of the questioning and the conservative justice responses.....they seem to feel it's OK if you assassinate your political opponent....i don't get how no one asked so Biden could do this and be just fine??

Overall it seems like the SC will punt it back down to the lower court in June asking for more clarity and understanding. Which of course any decision there can and will be appealed.

We deserve to know what Jack Smith and his team have got on Trump for any of these Federal cases before the election and it's just not going to happen.

Um...hell to the no. What a joke that judge is.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Kentucky man who stormed the U.S. Capitol while carrying a Confederate battle flag was sentenced on Monday to more than two years in prison for pepper spraying two police officers in the face, partially blinding them for hours during the Jan. 6, 2021, riot.

Isreal Easterday was 19 years old when he joined a mob of Donald Trump supporters in invading the Capitol. He used pepper spray to assault two Capitol police officers who were separately guarding the East Rotunda Doors.

Chief Judge James Boasberg cited Easterday’s youth as a reason for handing down a prison term — two years and six months — that was over five times lower than the Justice Department’s initial sentencing recommendation.

The judge said Easterday, who was homeschooled by his mother while living on a family farm, “may not have fully appreciated what was going on there” at the Capitol on Jan. 6 or recognized that the Confederate flag is a “symbol of rebellion.”

Back
Top Bottom