Shuttlecock XV: Seppos and the 42: Cobbler's Epic Fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want to just clarify, I do think his patches are awesome and that I wish I would have talked to him. I think he was part of Berlin's crew.

If he's not there, that practically guarantees it will be played, as well as the only performance of The Fly this tour.

Looks like they will maybe rotate Bad and ASOH?

It looks like the songs on offer are pretty set in stone. Going off what they've played so far, I think they could play this every night (and this is realistic) and everyone could be pretty happy.

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. New Year's Day
3. A Sort of Homecoming
4. Pride
5. Where the Streets Have No Name
6. Still Haven't Found
7. With or Without You
8. Bullet the Blue Sky
9. Running to Stand Still
10. Red Hill Mining Town
11. In God's Country
12. Trip Through Your Wires
13. One Tree Hill
14. Exit
15. Mothers of the Disappeared

16. Miss Sarajevo
17. Bad
18. Ultraviolet
19. One

20. Beautiful Day
21. Elevation
22. Little Things
23. I Will Follow

I feel like everyone here would be happy with that set, no? It's realistic given they've played all these songs, you get ASOH, it's 23 songs long, Miss Sarajevo is much better as the encore opener, you get Bad in a spot where it has a lot more power, you get the new song and you get I Will Follow as a closer, which, as anyone who has seen the show can attest to, is a fucking awesome way to end proceedings.

It looks like the songs on offer are pretty set in stone. Going off what they've played so far, I think they could play this every night (and this is realistic) and everyone could be pretty happy.

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. New Year's Day
3. A Sort of Homecoming
4. Pride
6. Still Haven't Found
7. With or Without You
8. Bullet the Blue Sky
10. Red Hill Mining Town
11. In God's Country
13. One Tree Hill
14. Exit

16. Miss Sarajevo
17. Bad
18. Ultraviolet
19. One

20. Beautiful Day
21. Elevation
22. Little Things
23. I Will Follow

I feel like everyone here would be happy with that set, no? It's realistic given they've played all these songs, you get ASOH, it's 23 songs long, Miss Sarajevo is much better as the encore opener, you get Bad in a spot where it has a lot more power, you get the new song and you get I Will Follow as a closer, which, as anyone who has seen the show can attest to, is a fucking awesome way to end proceedings.

Seriously, how is this not the set? It's an absolute no-brainer. Why they feel the need to rotate a handful of the songs when the show is short by post-Elevation Tour standards is beyond me.

I think they could play this every night (and this is realistic) and everyone could be pretty happy.

I feel like everyone here would be happy with that set, no?

They could honestly play that with zero changes for the rest of the tour and I think we could all be pretty happy.

d.b.a-songwriters-broken-record-480x375.jpg

They could honestly play that with zero changes for the rest of the tour and I think we could all be pretty happy.

Eh, the encores are still clumsy. But if they're dead-set on those specific songs, there's not much to be done about it.

Though personally I'd order it:

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Ultra Violet
One

Miss Sarajevo
Bad
Little Things
I Will Follow

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. New Year's Day
3. A Sort of Homecoming
4. Pride
6. Still Haven't Found
7. With or Without You
8. Bullet the Blue Sky
10. Red Hill Mining Town
11. In God's Country
13. One Tree Hill
14. Exit

16. Miss Sarajevo
17. Bad
18. Ultraviolet
19. One

20. Beautiful Day
21. Elevation
22. Little Things
23. I Will Follow

A setlist very similar to this one already happened:

U2 Seattle, 2017-05-14, CenturyLink Field, Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - U2 on tour

Not sure why it didn't become commonplace.

Seattle got easily the best set so far. Doubt it will be beaten for the rest of the leg. Maybe there'll be some changes in Europe at least...

Seattle got easily the best set so far. Doubt it will be beaten for the rest of the leg. Maybe there'll be some changes in Europe at least...

They'll have to change the visuals for Bullet and Miss Sarajevo (and Ultraviolet a little bit) but otherwise I don't see much scope for changes. I'm guessing they haven't thought ahead re Miss Sarajevo's visuals, so that might be the one slot for change. About the most positive we can be about Please.

Back
Top Bottom