US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who knows. The entire country is fucked as a whole. In red states you can get away with murder as long as the victim is a liberal. It’s just lowering the bar over and over.

Tho i still think killing a dog is where it actually stops.

Back to the case. Most analysis I’ve read said the defense had their best day for sure but it wasn’t a win.

I think Cohen is the last witness.

And two of the nine Supreme Court justices appear to be Pro Coup

Seems not good when they are also deciding whether that same indicted former president is asking for immunity

No, Cohen didn’t ruin the case, even though he was always going to the the riskiest witness. I read that the jury seemed uninterested in the cross examination after it went on too long.

Last edited:
Seems he lied about a phone call early in his testimony. Not even something important or consequential.
It's one thing to say - this guy has lied a lot under oath and to the FBI before, but he is being truthful now.
To yeah, it's Thursday and he just lied under oath on Tuesday.
that's not what happened at all.

Seems he lied about a phone call early in his testimony. Not even something important or consequential.
It's one thing to say - this guy has lied a lot under oath and to the FBI before, but he is being truthful now.
To yeah, it's Thursday and he just lied under oath on Tuesday.
Where did Cohen lie about a phone call early in his testimony? I’ve been reading the Twitter play by play so maybe I missed it.

Testimony has painted Trump as a micromanager who was knee deep in everything so he would have definitely known about it, although I’m not sure if there was a smoking gun to the coverup.

I didn’t think it was a wise move for Blanche to come out bitching about how Cohen attacked him on his podcast. Came off as very petty. Their strategy seems like it was meant to get Cohen to lose it on the stand and portray him as someone who is unhinged, out for revenge and a liar who changes his story. The prosecution anticipated that and has everything corroborated. The reporter I follow mentions that most of the jury kept eye contact with Cohen and Cohen appeared to be speaking to the jury.

Still, all’s it takes is one juror.

Oh Marge, you are so classy. What a circus, meanwhile nothing ever gets done. MTG has no business being in Congress. Also AOC would easily defeat her in any debate.

It all began when the Georgia Republican made a crack about the Texas Democrat's eyelashes -- "I think your fake eyelashes are messing up what you're reading" -- which was made when Crockett pushed back to a line of questioning from Greene.

Democrats called for Greene's eyelash comment to Crockett to be stricken from the record and the congresswoman to be barred from speaking for the rest of the proceedings. Greene repeatedly shouted she was "not apologizing."

"That is absolutely unacceptable, how dare you attack the physical appearance of another person," Ocasio-Cortez, a New York Democrat, said.

"Are your feelings hurt?" Greene responded.

"Oh baby girl … don't even play," Ocasio-Cortez shot back.

"Why don't you debate me … you don't have enough intelligence," Greene said to Ocasio-Cortez during the exchange.

Elect a clown and you get a circus.

Sometimes all that is needed to put someone like that in their place, is a response like Biden’s.

IMG_1179.jpeg

Where did Cohen lie about a phone call early in his testimony? I’ve been reading the Twitter play by play so maybe I missed it.

Testimony has painted Trump as a micromanager who was knee deep in everything so he would have definitely known about it, although I’m not sure if there was a smoking gun to the coverup.

I didn’t think it was a wise move for Blanche to come out bitching about how Cohen attacked him on his podcast. Came off as very petty. Their strategy seems like it was meant to get Cohen to lose it on the stand and portray him as someone who is unhinged, out for revenge and a liar who changes his story. The prosecution anticipated that and has everything corroborated. The reporter I follow mentions that most of the jury kept eye contact with Cohen and Cohen appeared to be speaking to the jury.

Still, all’s it takes is one juror.
He didn't. The defense harped on the idea that Cohen might have called about prank phone calls he was receiving at the time and not the Stormy thing - Cohen said it was possible that this was also discussed but that he Isn't sure, and the geniuses at Fox are saying this is proof that he lied.

It's not, and even in a worst case scenario where Cohen misremembered which phone call was which, it's one minor after the fact detail that doesn't change the millions of corroborated details they already have

His only reasons for saying this are-OCSSDD and because Biden did very well in that State of the Union address and he knows it. Plus he said mean things about Donnie, no one is allowed to do that.

I'll give him this, if I had to spend time near Donald Trump and interact with him in any way I would have to be high as a kite.

Former President Trump said he wants President Biden to be drug-tested before their first debate.

“I’m gonna demand a drug test too, by the way,” Trump said at the Minnesota Republican Party’s Lincoln Reagan Dinner Friday. “I am, no I really am. I don’t want him coming in like the State of the Union, he was high as a kite.”

“I’m gonna demand a drug test too, by the way,” Trump said at the Minnesota Republican Party’s Lincoln Reagan Dinner Friday. “I am, no I really am. I don’t want him coming in like the State of the Union, he was high as a kite.”
With Trump, accusation is always a form of confession.

His only reasons for saying this are-OCSSDD and because Biden did very well in that State of the Union address and he knows it. Plus he said mean things about Donnie, no one is allowed to do that.

I'll give him this, if I had to spend time near Donald Trump and interact with him in any way I would have to be high as a kite.

Former President Trump said he wants President Biden to be drug-tested before their first debate.

Let’s test Trump then too.

Don Jr’s sample would get the whole lab high

Sounds like closing arguments next week in Trump trial.

So maybe the following week for jury figure it out ? Assuming they don’t come back immediately

Sounds like closing arguments next week in Trump trial.

So maybe the following week for jury figure it out ? Assuming they don’t come back immediately
Yep, if all goes well, he'll be a convicted felon within the next 2 weeks.

Very lucky that Donald's ego overtakes any competent lawyering. The defense witness was horrible. But he was playing for a jury of one, The Donald.

I am still leaning towards a conviction, though a hung jury would not shock. An acquittal absolutely would....

But I am not convinced there will be time behind bars. I think you will see the judge take into consideration the magnitude of convicting a leading candidate for Presidency and issue a fine and probation.

And if that does happen, I just don't see the independents or even fence sitting Republicans giving two shits about Trump being convicted and fined over this. He's been fined countless times before.

Now a conviction over stealing state secrets.....I could see that really mattering to people. Unfortunately that trial may never happen

Very lucky that Donald's ego overtakes any competent lawyering. The defense witness was horrible. But he was playing for a jury of one, The Donald.

I am still leaning towards a conviction, though a hung jury would not shock. An acquittal absolutely would....

But I am not convinced there will be time behind bars. I think you will see the judge take into consideration the magnitude of convicting a leading candidate for Presidency and issue a fine and probation.

And if that does happen, I just don't see the independents or even fence sitting Republicans giving two shits about Trump being convicted and fined over this. He's been fined countless times before.

Now a conviction over stealing state secrets.....I could see that really mattering to people. Unfortunately that trial may never happen
I’ll tell you this, if there is a judge out there that would actually not give a shit about putting Trump behind bars due to optics, it would be the one whose daughter has been attacked every day since the trial started.

Guess my point is conviction doesn’t automatically mean prison

There are options on the table

I wouldn't hold your breath for prison time. If Trump gets convicted for the felony (and not just the misdemeanor of falsifying financial records) he will likely not get sent to prison as a first-timer. Plus they will then appeal the verdict (and sentence). Still, you can call him a convicted felon then.

No surprise the Supreme Court is gonna drag out their immunity ruling.

Think the latest they’ve got is until June. Tho I’m not sure if they can push it further out. Don’t they typically give out rulings up until June and then they’re off until October?

Back
Top Bottom