Shuttlecock XV: Seppos and the 42: Cobbler's Epic Fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw on twitter a discussion about Please taking the place of Miss Sarajevo. Would be so fucking awesome, and make so much sense, given that song's themes and the fact that it's the 20-fucking-year anniversary of that album. Of course that all means they won't touch it with a ten-foot pole.

Still, I actually think it's great having it in the setlist. Even though Please would fit well... Syria really is the 2017 version of Bosnia. So I think people should ease up on it a bit.

Wait, they are playing all of DAMN pre-show? This is awesome.

How fucking good. By the time you get to the last three or four songs you can't really hear it anymore, but still awesome.

Still, I actually think it's great having it in the setlist. Even though Please would fit well... Syria really is the 2017 version of Bosnia. So I think people should ease up on it a bit.

Huh? They are incredibly different situations, and I'm not sure exactly why Miss Sarajevo should be viewed as a song with any more specific connection to Syria than Please.

Saw on twitter a discussion about Please taking the place of Miss Sarajevo. Would be so fucking awesome, and make so much sense, given that song's themes and the fact that it's the 20-fucking-year anniversary of that album. Of course that all means they won't touch it with a ten-foot pole.

How fucking good. By the time you get to the last three or four songs you can't really hear it anymore, but still awesome.

Wait...was this a conversation based on any kind of evidence that it could actually happen, or was this just an 'I wish' conversation?

Soundcheck spoiler:

ASOH.

I was wondering if they were just not pleased with how it had been going so took a couple of shows off and then worked on the arrangement during the week off. Hope its back for good

Fingers crossed.

Just saw an @U2 thing where they asked Willie Williams about
ASOH and he said it will be back in the set. Yay!

Well, so much for that.

I wasn't expecting it back until night 2 anyway.

If it misses that one, it's a goner.

South American dates seem pretty likely, but I find it hard to believe there will be more shows in North America for the JT Tour. I suppose they could be IE dates, but all the South American rumours suggest JT, for that continent at least.

I never need to hear those new Joshua Tree remixes again. I often wonder if anyone in the band actually listens to them, or if they're just approved by management.

Of the dozens of U2 remixes I've heard over the last 20+ years, I think I enjoy 3.

Well, that was pretty fucking great last night. Not only are Chicagoans loud, but the music seemed exponentially louder than LA. Maybe it was just my uber douchey seat but I kept adjusting my earplugs until I thought perhaps I'd even shoved them in too deep, and it was still uncomfortably loud. A lot of people around me had their fingers in their ears. But the energy was fantastic. The static setlist certainly makes traveling to multiple shows far less appealing (and that's a good thing for me), and I did feel fully satisfied after LA and was kind of regretting this trip (until I scored the Hamilton ticket), but Chicago was always Plan A, and LA kind of just happened. It was also great to be close to Edge who I barely even noticed in LA. He seemed on fire last night.

Last night was the first time I noticed Morleigh was the woman doing the lasso dance, because I was sitting on that side of the stage, and in LA was captivated by the simultaneous video on the other side of the woman painting the flag).

Also, for cori, mofo, NSW, Dieman from Soldier Field '09:

I found the damn steps.

The death march didn't seem as brutal this time though it was in fact exactly the same. I wasn't regularly hiking up the side of a mountain at high altitude then, so three cheers for being in better shape though 8 years older.

Also, let it be known that I read almost every word of the poems last night because nerd.

Now I'm going to mosey on over to the new American Writers Museum.

Last edited:
The death march didn't seem as brutal this time though it was in fact exactly the same. I wasn't regularly hiking up the side of a mountain at high altitude then, so three cheers for being in better shape though 8 years older.

8 years?! Craziness, doesn't seem anywhere near that long ago.

Going back to something mentioned a few weeks back, we definitely need to try to make a Bang and Clatter concert meetup happen in the future. Songs of Experience tour?

8 years?! Craziness, doesn't seem anywhere near that long ago.

Going back to something mentioned a few weeks back, we definitely need to try to make a Bang and Clatter concert meetup happen in the future. Songs of Experience tour?

I know, right? That actually seems like a lifetime ago when I think of everything that's happened since, yet just yesterday at the same time.

Last edited:
We got the Do You Hear Us Coming verse in One last night. It really makes that outro soooo much better.

I'll write a review as soon as I can. Of course my 7 month old is sick again but my fiance and I got a 24 hour break to see a great show. :up:

To preview it, this show made me fall in love with TJT again but the encore is a complete mess that doesn't flow well whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom