Setlist Discussion Part II - Spoilers Allowed, Enter At Your Own Risk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surely there’s decent wifi - it’s 2023

You would think. I've been in some venues where they had Wi-Fi and such "upgraded" due to hosting the Super Bowl or whatever, and the reception is still awful (be it cellular or proper wi-fi, etc.). Hopefully the Sphere being new and upping the technological side of things in a venue helps, but you never know with 20,000 people crammed inside.

You would think. I've been in some venues where they had Wi-Fi and such "upgraded" due to hosting the Super Bowl or whatever, and the reception is still awful (be it cellular or proper wi-fi, etc.). Hopefully the Sphere being new and upping the technological side of things in a venue helps, but you never know with 20,000 people crammed inside.

That’s what I love about all this new phone hype. I’m using my iPhone 8 still. Because what still sucks is battery life and cell reception in so many places. Fix that first tech jerks!!!

Surely there’s decent wifi - it’s 2023

I couldn’t get a signal (TMobile and I generally have good coverage) and no Wi-Fi would work- but I only tried to connect once and then gave up. Maybe others were able to use the Wi-Fi

I couldn’t get a signal (TMobile and I generally have good coverage) and no Wi-Fi would work- but I only tried to connect once and then gave up. Maybe others were able to use the Wi-Fi

I also had SOS only on T Mobile but bizarrely full bars on Verizon.

But the wifi was fantastic versus most arena wifi I’ve used. Really stable. Kinda helps when you get to build it from scratch and your building is an optimized volume that minimizes range and maximizes deployable surface diversity. If anyone’s having issues connecting, first thing I’d do is just reboot your phone. Oh, and no gateway page bullshit.

Been thinking about this setlist - it’s pretty good, just a bit disappointed at the length of the show. I think it would be perfect if they threw in a 3 song Zooropa/Pop set to close out the main set, dropped elevation and moved streets to the start of the encore.

You can do the rotating turntable set from other albums, but keep the idea just with Zooropa, Lemon, Stay, Discotheque, Gone, MOFO rotating post AB. 25 songs.

I listened to the bootleg of night one this morning and really enjoyed it. Atomic City sounds great live and So Cruel has a real soul vibe to it.

First night nerves/mis-steps are there with some forgotten lyrics etc but they relax in to it and nice to hear snippets of lots of other songs in there. The Rattle & Hum section works well as a gap between the two "sides" of AB, I just wish it was a longer set, but I'm sure will be utterly epic.

Dang, so night 2 was pretty much the same. I wonder if they’ll do two back to back shows of the same set and then mix it up every two shows.

I’m disappointed in no other 90s, but am so grateful for AB in full. My god, what an album. I can’t sleep because parts of “so cruel” and “love is blindness” and “trying to throw your arms around the world” keep playing in my head. I finally got to see those performed ::love::love::love:

Consider me pissed about the “rotating” part of the setlist being an exact carbon copy of the night before. No interest in hearing AIWIY without the full band and electric guitar solo, sorry.

4 songs from one album, two of the songs being ones we hear pretty frequently live, was lame.

And now reading that they’ve rehearsed a bunch of Zooropa stuff? Fuck.

Also, Beautiful Day is a shit closer. But I’ve never been a giant fan of the song to begin with. Would have rather they just ended with WOWY.

Been thinking about this setlist - it’s pretty good, just a bit disappointed at the length of the show. I think it would be perfect if they threw in a 3 song Zooropa/Pop set to close out the main set, dropped elevation and moved streets to the start of the encore.

You can do the rotating turntable set from other albums, but keep the idea just with Zooropa, Lemon, Stay, Discotheque, Gone, MOFO rotating post AB. 25 songs.

Are you going to make it over for any of the shows Dan? I like your idea of 3 more songs after Achtung Baby is complete. I think the last 6 songs just seem like token hits, but maybe the sequence will change. Or insert another break after 3 songs. I'd like to see Beautiful Day segue into Streets to close.

The 3 songs I'd chose to add after Love Is Blindness are Dirty Day into Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me into Last Night On Earth - they are all big rockers & they could do some great visuals. I think we will get 4 song sets of different albums, but as settlers & without visuals if Rattle and Hum is anything to go by. So for Zooropa & Pop, we are probably looking at:

Stay
Numb
Lemon (although the remix make me doubt it)
The Wanderer

Staring At The Sun
If God Will Send His Angels
The Playboy Mansion
If You Wear That Velvet Dress

I’m sure there are legalities in place as to what exactly goes on that screen. Imagine they did a war segment and had red rocks stage background on the screen

I would not mind if the acoustic mini set was replaced with:

Unforgettable Fire
Pride
A Sort of Homecoming
Bad

Full band & electric with some sick visuals on the sphere screen.

I think the point of this segment is that there are no visuals, and the crowd can focus on the band.

Plus, because the visuals are all attached to specific songs, it wouldn't make sense to use them for interchangeable titles in that part of the set.

I think the point of this segment is that there are no visuals, and the crowd can focus on the band.

Plus, because the visuals are all attached to specific songs, it wouldn't make sense to use them for interchangeable titles in that part of the set.

Damn it.

I would not mind if the acoustic mini set was replaced with:

Unforgettable Fire
Pride
A Sort of Homecoming
Bad

Full band & electric with some sick visuals on the sphere screen.

This is the exact set I'm hoping I get on my date.

This is the exact set I'm hoping I get on my date.

That’s my top (any TUF set would be amazing but this is the most likely and would be perfect). Next most preferred for me would be a Zooropa, Pop, or October set (haven’t seen a single song from any of them played live). And then I’d say War, which would give us SBS, which I’ve already seen, but likely also NYD, which is a top 5 fave for me and I’ve never seen, plus two more, any of which would be amazing.

10/28, cross your fingers for me people.

Maybe they'll rotate that section of songs for each group of gigs?

So this week the three gigs will get songs from another album. That gives them time to rehearse those in between shows at their leisure rather than try to mix it up every night which I suspect they'd struggle with!

My first reaction was like "...did they photoshop Larry in? and there's no plastic cage-thing around the drums either"

Back
Top Bottom