September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent!

:rockon:

One of my coworkers wanted me to pick her up a sweatshirt and a program when I went to the Portland show last tour. I was in the back of the floor, and I took a convenient trip to the merchandise area during Bullet the Blue Sky.

I swear I was the only one out there and even the merch people looked surprised to see me. Apparently I was the only one who could stand to miss that song or something. :lol:

I'd be cool if I never had to sit through Bullet again. lol. You are not alone on this one.

How far is Soldier Field from the airport??

Pretty damned far from O'Hare, I believe. Might be closer to Midway, but I've only flown through there once and had the crappiest experience ever .... but it was right before Christmas, which explained a lot. ;)

I'd be cool if I never had to sit through Bullet again. lol. You are not alone on this one.

:hi5: I never feel guilty for having to duck out during a show. My bladder needs attention, people! It's teeny tiny! This is part of the reason why GA is so angst-ridden for me.

Oh, and my big fear is that we're getting Bullet again this tour, segueing into White As Snow or something, with the dying soldier and whatnot.

If my office had more of a sense of humor these days, I'd put a sign outside my cube for next week "Do not disturb between 11-12 EST, April is buying her U2 tickets" :shifty:

:lol:

working nights has its advantages - otherwise I'd have to take the day off. There is no way that I could claim the reason I didn't show up to the code/RRT was that I was buying u2 tickets :reject:

My situation is just the opposite, my work computer is much faster than here at home. So Boots people I think get to order Thursday at 3PM Chicago time, which is 4PM in Ohio...Sorry boss, can't do that for you right now. Can you wait til I get my U2 ticket? I'm gonna be screwed for Vegas, I will HAVE to do it at home with a 3-hr time difference. I am NOT staying at work til 6PM.

Don't know for sure--you might get the third group?

Fortunately, my boss will be out of town on pre-sale day. I will close my office door and put a "please do not disturb" sign on it. I don't feel the need to explain to anyone. :lol: However, since I can only get four tickets during pre-sale, the regular on-sale day will be a different story!

I checked which one was farthest from Soldier Field and it looks like O'Hare is. :crack:

If I do go, I will obviously stop at Midway airport. Need to find some cheapo deals.

Southwest is usually what I stick with if possible. They go in/out of Midway, which is a lot closer to Soldier Field (take the train from the airport right into downtown).

Oooh thanks! Are the hotels ok around there?

Twin, there's only a handful of hotels right near Midway and they're stupidly expensive. you might have better luck staying downtown and possibly trying priceline or hotwire and putting in an offer or whatever they call it, on a hotel in the "Loop", which will put you reasonably close to where you need to be, aka Soldier Field. It may require a taxi or a bit of a walk but nothing too unreasonable. The only hotels I've stayed at downtown are the Hard Rock and a Westin though. I'll let you know if I hear of any deals.

I got a room in a four star hotel downtown on Hotwire for $100 last summer. Somebody was staying with me, but our room easily could've accommodated two more people (or, if people brought sleeping bags or air mattresses, even more). If nothing else, you might think about booking a room somewhere that has a reasonable cancellation policy, then checking Hotwire closer to September to see if you can find a deal.

I still have no idea if I can go to this show. I'm going to have to buy a ticket and hope for the best with my teaching situation for the fall. :banghead:

I checked which one was farthest from Soldier Field and it looks like O'Hare is. :crack:

If I do go, I will obviously stop at Midway airport. Need to find some cheapo deals.

I would still consider flying into O'Hare. Here's why: Either way, you're going to be taking a train downtown, so unless you're planning on flying in on Saturday evening, that's not going to matter much. You've got a better chance of scoring a deal on a hotel in the O'hare area because there are many more options than Midway area, and should be significantly cheaper than the Loop. Use Priceline and Hotwire. Now, if you can save a bundle by flying into Midway, you might as well do that and blow the money you saved on a nice hotel downtown.

Just my two cents.

I would still consider flying into O'Hare. Here's why: Either way, you're going to be taking a train downtown, so unless you're planning on flying in on Saturday evening, that's not going to matter much. You've got a better chance of scoring a deal on a hotel in the O'hare area because there are many more options than Midway area, and should be significantly cheaper than the Loop. Use Priceline and Hotwire. Now, if you can save a bundle by flying into Midway, you might as well do that and blow the money you saved on a nice hotel downtown.

Just my two cents.

Sounds good. :up:

presale announcement tomorrow. I'm guessing since there's another presale on Tuesday that the presale for NA shows won't be til later in the week.

Up on ticketmaster - but not yet for sale
U2 tickets, concerts and tour dates. Official Ticketmaster site.

VIP packages

VIP Package Price:
$522.00 Limited Availability

YOUR VIP EVENING INCLUDES:

# Preferred Seating – One premium, top priced reserved seat located close to the stage offering a spectacular view of U2’s innovative new 360° stage design. Tickets will be shipped prior to show date
# Reception – 2 hour pre-show VIP reception featuring a first-class catered buffet and open bar (beer and wine)
# Parking – Forget about parking hassles; VIP guests will receive a reserved parking pass (one pass per every 2 tickets purchased. Parking passes will be shipped prior to show date
# Access – Purchasers of this unique package will be granted access to the venue through a separate VIP entrance
# Gift Package - VIP guests will each receive an Official U2 360° Tour merchandise gift package, featuring a special tour VIP item not available to the general public. Exclusive merchandise gift will be distributed the night of the show
# Backstage Tour - As part of this package, VIP guests will be eligible to enter a drawing for the chance to win an exclusive backstage tour!

Can you all tell me what you are going for in the presale. I'm up in the air on GA versus seats at Soldier Field. I saw U2 in 2001 and 2005 in the UC in Chicago and had GA both times and it was incredible. Wondering about just how big the GA will be outdoors? Thanks for any advice.

Im going for GA tomorrow

OMG IM SO EXCITED!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Me too but slightly :crazy:

I'm going to be so skint. :crack::lol:

Can you all tell me what you are going for in the presale. I'm up in the air on GA versus seats at Soldier Field. I saw U2 in 2001 and 2005 in the UC in Chicago and had GA both times and it was incredible. Wondering about just how big the GA will be outdoors? Thanks for any advice.

The GA covers the whole field on the floor, so there will be alot of people. It will be fun. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom