Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
Sorry Diane, I think everyone in this thread will agree with me that you're #2...Headache in the Closet is truly the #1 Yanks fan in Interland.
A METS fan is the #1 YANKEES fan in Interland?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
What is this, some kind of bizarro world, where down is up and up is down?!?!?!?
I think my feelings are hurt. :sad:

Pulling Nixon for Gabe Kapler was dumb -- it was highly unlikely that the Sox were going to get the second run off Rivera in the 8th inning, and they're going to miss Nixon's bat the rest of the game.

yeah.

just get a run in the bottom and it doesnt matter, though. they should have bunted with 'tek. squeeze play. run scores, runner advances tos econd, would have had tie game, runner on 2nd, 1 out if executed properly.

good call with damon running...it shows some testicles.

if cabrera didnt run out of the box and give posada a clear shot to 2nd, he would have been safe. or if damon hook slides. it was a good call, poor execution.

that way , he could have been bunted to 3rd with 1 out with manny up to sac fly, as he would have with his fly ball out.

StlElevation said:
good call with damon running...it shows some testicles.

if cabrera didnt run out of the box and give posada a clear shot to 2nd, he would have been safe. or if damon hook slides. it was a good call, poor execution.

that way , he could have been bunted to 3rd with 1 out with manny up to sac fly, as he would have with his fly ball out.

Sure it shows some testicles. Its also really dumb. You bunt Damon to second with your best hitter coming up. One out base hit scores him. Play by the book with your team on the brink of elimination.

wow. could the umps be any worse with check swings?

manny doing a full swing- ball

ortiz checking- k 3

first, why would you put brandon arroyo in the game if he's your potential game 7 starter? answer... 'cause game 7 doesn't matter of they don't win this game... ok, fine... then why would ya take him out after 1 inning, especially when he was great in that 1 inning? ponderous... i done not get it, but hey... what the fuck do i know :shrug:

because of the lefty matchup with matsui

i'd say the plan worked brilliantly

the game HAS to be managed like theres no tomorrow, because there ISNT if you lose. you understood that though but im still just saying.

i gotta drive to fenway soon, francona has me comin into pitch next :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom