Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
and now foulke will be comming in in the 7th inning with just 1 out... he's gonna have his closer go 2 2/3rds... he's a moron

Uh-huh. (One of the few moves Francona has made this series that has worked.)

easytiger said:
silly Red Sox, acting like they've won the ALCS :|

game five tomorrow at 5... Moose vs. Pedro

To quote Mike Myers, "throw me a frickin' bone here."

And of course, the Sox are totally screwed as far as starting pitching for Games 6 and 7, unless the Indian rain dance I'm performing works.

Last edited:
leave gordon in the bullpen... let mo go 2

hello hello... i love this iPod commericial. who's that band in it? are they new?

Also "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" in the top of the 9th.

Well now I get to see Pedro vs Mussina this evening rather than seeing Corn Row Pale Face vs Wall Puncher Friday...maybe rain is a good thing.
Pedro tonite, Schilling on tap for game 6 if the Sox can solve Mussina, things could get interesting. Its a long shot, but at least the Sox put up some fight.

Hewson said:
Well now I get to see Pedro vs Mussina this evening rather than seeing Corn Row Pale Face vs Wall Puncher Friday...maybe rain is a good thing.
Pedro tonite, Schilling on tap for game 6 if the Sox can solve Mussina, things could get interesting. Its a long shot, but at least the Sox put up some fight.

Of course, if Francona were smart, he'd go with Wakefield-Pedro-Willis Reed in Games 5-6-7. Figure that Wakefield has to win one of the next three games, so may as well throw him out there for Game 5 and give Pedro and Schilling an extra day of rest each. The goal is not to win Game 5,it's to win Games 5, 6, and 7.

Last edited:
I'd stick with Pedro on his normal 5th day today, hope for rain tomorrow, then throw Schilling, if he can go, and if you get to game 7, start Bill Wakefield, have Lowe ready and put Brandon Arroyo in the Calvin Schiraldi home for the deer in the headlights perfromances.

speedracer said:

Uh-huh. (One of the few moves Francona has made this series that has worked.)

just because it worked doesn't mean it was a good move. if you're tell me that foulke is pitching 3 innings and mo is pitching 2, and which one blows it, even after last night i'd still bet the house on mo. francona had one of those allen iverson moments... you know... the "oh my god why is this asshole taking that horrific shot HEY he hit it he's awesome" moment.

just because it worked doesn't mean it was a good move. if you're tell me that foulke is pitching 3 innings and mo is pitching 2, and which one blows it, even after last night i'd still bet the house on mo. francona had one of those allen iverson moments... you know... the "oh my god why is this asshole taking that horrific shot HEY he hit it he's awesome" moment.

Buh? Foulke had no trouble during the 7th-9th innings. Figure you gotta keep it a one-run game at all costs, then hope you get a run off Mariano in the 9th (which the Sox did, and they almost got another), then let the rest of the scrubs in both bullpens fight it out and see what happens.

Who would you have put in for the 7th inning?

Last edited:
i would have left lowe in for another inning, then went to timlin and foulke. lowe was fine.

Okay, say Lowe escapes the 6th allowing only Matsui to score (3-3), then Timlin and the infield stink up the 7th and suddenly there's a guy on third with one out. I bring in Foulke right then and there.

fine... i'll agree with that. then you have no choice in the matter. look, it worked out. if he woulda left lowe in longer, he might have gotten shelled and the yankees woulda swept. :shrug:

i still don't like going 4 innings on two pitchers who aren't used to going 4 innings. it worked this time, but will it work the next time? who knows... maybe, maybe not.

Last edited:
pedromidget.jpg
316_listen_to_mephisto.gif

OK gang, time to log off and head over to Fenway, find my normal George Costanza parking spot ("its like sex, why pay for it, when if I apply myself I can get it for free"), suck down a couple of Fenway Franks, try to get my picture taken with Nelson De La Rosa and hopefully watch Petey pitch the Sox back to the Bronx.
Let me know what great revelations come from the mouth of Tim McCarver tonite.

Hewson said:
OK gang, time to log off and head over to Fenway, find my normal George Costanza parking spot ("its like sex, why pay for it, when if I apply myself I can get it for free"), suck down a couple of Fenway Franks, try to get my picture taken with Nelson De La Rosa and hopefully watch Petey pitch the Sox back to the Bronx.
Let me know what great revelations come from the mouth of Tim McCarver tonite.

Good luck! Lets hope Pedro can take them into at least the seventh tonight. Both of those bullpens have to be wasted after last night. In case you haven't heard--Schilling has been confirmed as the game six starter should the series go that far.

Varitek dropped two foul-tip third strikes before Posada hit his infield single. Grr.

Ashley Gearing was most definitely lip-synching "God Bless America".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom