Rattled By The Rush - Communist Sun God Worshippers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked it. :up: The beginning and end of the album are really good. The middle is a mixed bag in my opinion. I think Black Cloud, I'm OK By Myself and You Were Good In Your Time are my favorite tracks. :drool:

You? :)

To be honest I don't know what to make of it. In all fairness, I've only listened to it a few times, but I can't really see it being up there with Ringleader of the Tormentors (which I adored on first listen). Like you, I think the beginning and end are really strong but the middle sort of... evaded my attention somewhat :huh: Does it improve after a few listens?

To be honest I don't know what to make of it. In all fairness, I've only listened to it a few times, but I can't really see it being up there with Ringleader of the Tormentors (which I adored on first listen). Like you, I think the beginning and end are really strong but the middle sort of... evaded my attention somewhat :huh: Does it improve after a few listens?

It's hard to say to be honest because on later listens I usually notice how good certain songs are but this album doesn't have any songs that stand out as something really special with the exception of You Were Good In Your Time. I don't think it is up there with Ringleaders either which in my mind is only behind Viva Hate. It doesn't have great songs but is a pretty good album and maybe even great album at the front and back.

I agree, I wouldn't say it's his best but I think it'll grow on me and I'll come to love it. It's the lyrics which usually attract me most in an Moz album and I haven't really given the lyrics much chance yet... so we'll see :)
Viva Hate's your favourite? I wouldn't have guessed that :hmm:

I agree, I wouldn't say it's his best but I think it'll grow on me and I'll come to love it. It's the lyrics which usually attract me most in an Moz album and I haven't really given the lyrics much chance yet... so we'll see :)
Viva Hate's your favourite? I wouldn't have guessed that :hmm:

:yes: How would you compare it to Quarry? Personally, I think I might prefer this album. :hmm:

Really? What would you have guessed would be my favorite? :wink:

Oh I certainly don't prefer this to You are the Quarry - that and Ringleader are my favourites.

I'm not sure... I see you more of a Smiths person to be honest :lol:

Oh I certainly don't prefer this to You are the Quarry - that and Ringleader are my favourites.

I'm not sure... I see you more of a Smiths person to be honest :lol:

The one thing I prefer from Quarry compared to this album is the number of slower songs which is where I think Morrissey tends to really shine. :up:

Queen and Meat are above it certainly but Viva Hate is just as good. :drool:

Class capacity: 50. How many people there today? 67. People were sitting on the floor in the aisles. :lol:

There was a dude dressed in drag too.

Class capacity: 50. How many people there today? 67. People were sitting on the floor in the aisles. :lol:

There was a dude dressed in drag too.

:yikes: What did the instructor do about all the extra people?

Drag, eh? :shifty:

"There's Winston Churchill dressed in drag,
he used to be a British flag, plastic bag, what a drag."

Must stop listening to Genesis. :lol:

He said he couldn't any more people. I don't blame him, he kept tripping over stuff in the aisles and it was like a zoo, so chaotic :crack:

I didn't get in either :happy:

The dude in drag... everyone thought it was a woman till he spoke.

Find a different one. As an international student, I can't have more or less than 12 units, 3 classes here. :| So I have a meeting with an advisor tomorrow.

Does it make sense that someone is ashamed of being friends with someone because they have a foreign name? :hmm: :|

Considering how many foreign surnames there are here, no. But, my Father had a foreign name since his parents came from Norway and he did have some problems with some idiots along the way.

Hello :wave: I'm only here for a minute. My relief is checking in

:wave: Everyone (briefly :lol: )

Oh my god Zee, thats the most ridiculous thing ON EARTH if one of your friends is doing that to you :|

I'm listening to Zooropa. :drool: Had they replaced The First Time and The Wanderer with two really good tracks, it'd be up there with The Joshua Tree in my opinion. :dance:

Replacing The First Time and The Wanderer on Zooropa when one of their worst songs (Daddy's Gonna Pay) is on their and when the numbness of Numb is there to would of made me lose complete faith in U2 :wink:

The First Time and The Wanderer are two of the bands best tracks

Replacing The First Time and The Wanderer on Zooropa when one of their worst songs (Daddy's Gonna Pay) is on their and when the numbness of Numb is there to would of made me lose complete faith in U2 :wink:

The First Time and The Wanderer are two of the bands best tracks

I disagree with everything you just said. :D

Daddy's is a great song and was a live highlight. The First Time should have been expanded or a b-side. Having The Wanderer sung by someone else on the album always bothered me. Considering they had early versions of HMTMKMKM, If God Would Send His Angels, Velvet Dress and I forget the other one, they should have added two of those tracks had they been far enough along. It's still a marvelous album but it could have been up there with TJT is all I'm saying. :wink:

EDIT: And Numb is a great song too. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom