Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a State Fair comment..............
Chocolate covered bacon is just something that should NEVER happen..........and yes I tried it, so I speak from experience :yuck:

:love: Adventures in Babysitting :love:
it is on VH-1

Daryl: Did you steal all of these cars?
Joe Gipp: Yeah. It gets me some good money.
Daryl: Isn't it kinda dangerous?
Joe Gipp: Hey, I like danger, all right?
Chris: You should try baby-sitting.

ETA
I never really noticed the band in the fraternity scene. It is Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes..............a band Springsteen is friends with and performs with.

Well our turn for severe storms.
Time to turn baby blue off and watch the severe weather roll in

Just a State Fair comment..............
Chocolate covered bacon is just something that should NEVER happen..........and yes I tried it, so I speak from experience :yuck:

Alot of people really like that combo. We had the option to make this in school in our chocolate class....of course I declined :flirt: My boss at the bakery was just talking the other day about how he'd love to do something for the bakery case with chocolate and bacon but he thinks most people wouldn't like cold bacon so that wouldn't work. Of the vegetarian had no comment since I'd have no clue if it would be good hot or cold..

Well our turn for severe storms.
Time to turn baby blue off and watch the severe weather roll in

I just hope irish fest isn't rained out this weekend! I'll be soooo mad if Gaelic Storm is cancelled due to weather like it was the last time I saw them. Not even 5 songs in and they had to stop. But they did invite everyone to come to the already over crowded irish pub that's located in the hotel they always stay in when they play in St Paul. :happy:

toothache and no insurance :up: :happy:

:angry:

It's not horrible but I know it's not something that's going to go away either. I could handle a paying for a filling but if I need root canal then I'm screwed. I know from my mom's recent experience that even after insurance pays their part a root canal is still a lot out of pocket. Plus they'd have to take xrays and stuff so this really just needs to stop bothering me until I get a job with insurance. Hopefully that will be very soon. My current job does not offer benefits, which I thought was against state law for full time employees, but it might not appy to small businesses. My boss has insurance for himself though since he keeps saying how grateful he is to have it. :up: Good to hear that he keeps himself covered but no one else. My brother had insurance at his salon for the 6 or so people he had working there. I'd say there's at least 15-20 people at my place between cooks/bakers/front of house/managers so....one of the reasons why I don't want to be there too long.

. I know from my mom's recent experience that even after insurance pays their part a root canal is still a lot out of pocket. .

Yeah it is :reject:

I hope you feel better or are able to get some good pain meds until you can afford to go to the dentist.

Could you go to a walk in clinic in the meantime and maybe get some antibiotics?

I've watched to many weird, medical mystery type shows where the cause of death tracks back to something mundane like a tooth abscess that went untreated for a long time :reject:. I need to stop watching those type of shows :crack:

I hope you feel better or are able to get some good pain meds until you can afford to go to the dentist.

Could you go to a walk in clinic in the meantime and maybe get some antibiotics?

I've watched to many weird, medical mystery type shows where the cause of death tracks back to something mundane like a tooth abscess that went untreated for a long time :reject:. I need to stop watching those type of shows :crack:

I don't know if I could just go to any sort of clinic or if I'd need to go to an actual dentist. My sister's friend happens to work for the Minnesota health insurance run by the state for people like me and can basically get me approved immediately vs waiting for 6 weeks to process :crack: So it's just a question of when we can all get together to fill out the stuff. My sister thought that included dental work. She has the same issue right now so she's trying to get her friend moving on what we need to do. I do know that it's cheaper to go to a dental college but I don't know just how much. If it's not a huge difference than I don't know if it's worth it to have some newbie dentist drilling my teeth :yikes: I had a bad drilling episode a few years ago where my dentist swore he gave me more than enough to numb me but it wasn't and I almost flew out of my chair from the pain. Ever since then I've been horrified of the dentist, even for a cleaning. Stupid me had insurance in AZ but never went :happy:

Ouchies about the tooth. I hate toothaches! I will third the whole root canal is expensive no matter what.........Advil was always my friend when I had a toothache. That and Oral gel.
I always have to go to a dentist who understands cowards...............I get the heebie jeebies thinking about going to a dental school and having a student :crack:

You watch those too ? I agree about having to stop watching them.

Ouchies about the tooth. I hate toothaches! I will third the whole root canal is expensive no matter what.........Advil was always my friend when I had a toothache. That and Oral gel.
I always have to go to a dentist who understands cowards...............I get the heebie jeebies thinking about going to a dental school and having a student :crack:

I was at Target today and meant to look for oral gel but it was so damn busy that I got what I needed and left. Does that stuff really work? How long does it last? Right now my tooth feels fine but my jaw is a little achy which is why I think I think I have more than just a cavity issue. :angry: The tooth pain comes and goes though. It still hurts even with tylenol so maybe I should try advil. That was my drug of choice when I sprained my finger a few months ago so maybe it'll help this issue too.

Oral Gel works for a little bit........at least long enough for the Advil to kick in. It is *goopy* though..........hard to describe it really.

Achey jaw? I agree with kelly, get some antibiotics. You don't wanna miss GS cuz of pain :(

Alot of people really like that combo. We had the option to make this in school in our chocolate class....of course I declined :flirt: My boss at the bakery was just talking the other day about how he'd love to do something for the bakery case with chocolate and bacon but he thinks most people wouldn't like cold bacon so that wouldn't work. Of the vegetarian had no comment since I'd have no clue if it would be good hot or cold..

I really like sweet/salty combos so I was really shocked when I had the :yuck: reaction.

well I think I got the job, at least from the way she kept saying once I hire "you" then I just need to hire 2 students from the culinary institue... If she goes with someone else then there's something wrong in the world. She needs someone with experience that can start asap and the fact that I have hotel experience just shocks the hell out of her because she has none and neither does the person that will be one level above me. It's a well known catering company in the area that has restaurants all over that will be taking over the kitchens of this hotel. So she has plenty of experience but just zero hotel experience. She spent the entire 30 minutes with her face in her hands saying how stressed she was and needed someone that understands what's going on. That would be me. So....she hadn't interviewed a lot of people and only has 1 person left to talk to. Plus, I know from doing some searching on craigslist on Sat she already removed the posting so she won't be taking more applications. Maybe I was meant to not get the restaurant job because then I'd probably never gone back to craigslist to find this. As much as I would have loved to work at that place, my heart is in hotel baking. It's like nothing else. She needs someone to fill out paperwork on Thurs so I'll know by Wed. Perfect because I'm free as a bird after 1 on Wed. The pay is amazing. Way more than I expected but the downside is I have to pay at least $50 a week to park :angry: so I might have to take the bus :barf:

I took my sister to lunch today to a cafe that we both have wanted to go to for years but just never found the time. Cute place but the food was nasty and way overpriced for the portions :tsk: I did not like my lunch at all. We were going to check out a different place so I could see their pastries because I know they are in need of a pastry chef but we ended up going to the other place instead. At least I can cross this place off of my list! :)

well I think I got the job, at least from the way she kept saying once I hire "you" then I just need to hire 2 students from the culinary institue... If she goes with someone else then there's something wrong in the world. She needs someone with experience that can start asap and the fact that I have hotel experience just shocks the hell out of her because she has none and neither does the person that will be one level above me. It's a well known catering company in the area that has restaurants all over that will be taking over the kitchens of this hotel. So she has plenty of experience but just zero hotel experience. She spent the entire 30 minutes with her face in her hands saying how stressed she was and needed someone that understands what's going on. That would be me. So....she hadn't interviewed a lot of people and only has 1 person left to talk to. Plus, I know from doing some searching on craigslist on Sat she already removed the posting so she won't be taking more applications. Maybe I was meant to not get the restaurant job because then I'd probably never gone back to craigslist to find this. As much as I would have loved to work at that place, my heart is in hotel baking. It's like nothing else. She needs someone to fill out paperwork on Thurs so I'll know by Wed. Perfect because I'm free as a bird after 1 on Wed. The pay is amazing. Way more than I expected but the downside is I have to pay at least $50 a week to park :angry: so I might have to take the bus :barf:

Yeah, I'd definitely take the bus :reject:

Does this job offer health/dental?

:applaud:
$50 a week? Sheesh I'd consider the bus too.

Watching The Haunting In Connecticut.............a co-worker loaned it to me. I remember seeing this on a Discovery channel show about Haunted places..........and being very freaked out

ok so I found out today that I DO get health insurance through the bakery but it just sucks ass so no one takes him up on it. There's like a $2000 deductable and all drugs are out of pocket. :| What's the point? My inhaler has always been $106 with insurance for like the past 5 years....and I know it's about $50 more without it but in terms of other meds I need, they are always under $10 for generics and in the $100's without insurance. So yeah, this hotel needs to hurry up and call me :happy: Thankfully I stocked up the last 3-4 months in AZ with drugs. I don't take stuff everyday so it'll all last me until the end of the year, hopefully. But it would be nice to have it anyways....

:crack: I hate this waiting, waiting, waiting for the phone to ring......this one is different than the last one since she's on a tight schedule and needs to get someone in asap. So if I don't hear from her by the time I get home from work tomorrow than I'm going to call. I'm just not at the right type of place......

:ohmy: good luck with that. Doesn't sound like a fun day :hug:

ok so I found out today that I DO get health insurance through the bakery but it just sucks ass so no one takes him up on it. There's like a $2000 deductable and all drugs are out of pocket. :| What's the point? My inhaler has always been $106 with insurance for like the past 5 years....and I know it's about $50 more without it but in terms of other meds I need, they are always under $10 for generics and in the $100's without insurance. So yeah, this hotel needs to hurry up and call me :happy: Thankfully I stocked up the last 3-4 months in AZ with drugs. I don't take stuff everyday so it'll all last me until the end of the year, hopefully. But it would be nice to have it anyways....

:crack: I hate this waiting, waiting, waiting for the phone to ring......this one is different than the last one since she's on a tight schedule and needs to get someone in asap. So if I don't hear from her by the time I get home from work tomorrow than I'm going to call. I'm just not at the right type of place......

:crack: The only positive thing about the day was the gal in Bridal who came in later. I was a little too truthful when the HR mngr asked me how I was..........I told him I detest the China dept.. He asked if I was doing trim.......I said no.........he asked how I felt about that.........I said, to be honest, I don't really care. I couldn't hide my pure dislike for my job right now. The HR person and myself have always gotten along, so it didn't seem right to lie and say :happy: I love my job :happy: Time will tell if it comes back to bite me on the butt.

Why would anyone take that insurance :huh:

Waiting to hear sucks :hug:

Perseid meteor shower tonight here between 12 and 5 am.......I work at 11 tomorrow so I can catch 'em later :hyper: Think I will take a quick nap.

^ :(

Just in from outside where I saw some meteors :cool: Wish I could stay out there all night and watch...........dang work :wink:.
Bedtime

OMG!!!!!1 I have a new job and start tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

The bakery was soooooo annoyed to the point that I left over an hour early today. Screw them. I was going to offer to work part time at night but I'll find something else if I need to.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

I think I officially have an addiction to Jalapeno cheetos. :crack: I don't even like spicy foods! :huh: I bought two bags on Sat and they're both gone :reject: I had help with the first bag but the second one was all mine....:barf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom