Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I needed that

I turn on the tv, I see Springsteen ticket ad
I turn on the radio, I hear Springsteen ticket ad :crack:

Run the ads after I have tickets *purely selfish :angel:*

I love the clip but it's just not as funny as it is when you see the whole movie. I still can't believe the black knight was just in this one little scene. I :heart: him! :drool: I'm glad whoever put this on youtube had the few seconds in there when Arthur and crew met up with the knight when they are "riding" their horses. :cute:

ok so......got up this morning with the intentions of calling the restaurant first, bakery second. Well the bakery called me wondering WTF was going on since it's been 48 hours since they called me. I already had an excuse that I was going to give them so I just said I was out of town and wasn't able to check my voice mail until late last night. So they asked if I was still interested in the job. Why yes of course.....so I start on Tuesday. THEN....called the restaurant and she hasn't made up her mind yet and has a few other people she wants to meet with. I said I don't know what else I can do to convince her that I really want to work there. So she said she'd get back to me by Mon. They're closed on Mondays so hopefully it will be on Sunday to put me out of my misery. I hope I didn't sound too desperate by calling but my sister said that's perfectly normal to follow up. I've only ever communicated by email but as I'm finding out over the past few years, life in a kitchen and life in an office are two completely different worlds. If this were an office job I would have emailed. If she says no I'm still going to thank her and let her know to call me if anything changes. :crack::crack::crack:

I am tired tonight, didn't sleep to great last night. I am officially old...............I screwed up my lower back yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work. Advil and the heating pad are my buddies. Sitting in the chairs at work :down: Standing is ok. Old, old, old, old person here.

Not doing trim. The funny thing is is that I don't care. Last year when I did it, I had hope that R would come in and help or just visit..............now that she died and I know I won't see her, I really don't want trim............. Too hard. The fun is gone. What I will miss is working with a couple other co-workers who helped last year.
Part time college person will do it and trim mdse is not getting unpacked, they are just stacking it.........it gets unpacked the week of set up. That should be interesting.

/depressing post

New schedule came out and I have off for Irish Fest.........Friday and Saturday, I don't know about the Sunday ( I requested off for it, but that schedule isn't out). I said I was available until 3 on Friday but I was given off :crack: Part days are not acceptable to boss. We seem to be the only area that is a problem. I am short 6 hours that week. I could make a very snarky comment but I will hold it in

So I'm here at work on a Saturday morning, working a rental that was supposed to start 30 minutes ago and the people aren't here yet :mad:. They are running late.

They better not ask for extra time or for a refund for the time they weren't here. Contracts are signed for a reason, ya know.

:banghead:

I'm supposed to meet friends who are coming in to town for lunch at noon.

eta: Oh good, a crazy old guy just wandered in. My day is looking up*

*sarcasm

eta2: The renters finally got here - two of them. And they are just sitting there talking on their cell phones when they are supposed to be setting up.

^:crack: Hang in there kelly

Meanwhile in Bruceland.................I GOT 2 GA tickets for the Nov 15 show :hyper::dance:

A little nervous as to what J's response will be...........
Not sure she will be thrilled with GA's.

Gotta get ready for work :wave:

A little nervous as to what J's response will be...........
Not sure she will be thrilled with GA's.

Gotta get ready for work :wave:

Bruce GA's :up:

I got a message from J and she is ok with the GA's ~ Thank goodness! She had foot surgery in May and is still in the recovery mode but seemed to think she'd be ok.............Between the 2 of us ~knee/foot~ we will have a heck of a night.........totally worth it :up:

Thanks kelly! These will be myl first GA's ever :hyper: Had GA's for U2 Hawaii #1 but we all know how that ended

I had told boss that I was going for tickets today and gave my hours away this morning and when I came in he came over and asked if I got them and I told him I got GA's ..............he smiled and just shook his head........later in the day he comes over and asks if it is on a certain date of a HUGE sale we have.......It is the day after............all I got was a hmmmmmmmmmm.

What the hell?

He doesn't do part days, I know that. Other areas do, ours does not. I already had turned in a request for off when the concert was announced, I even cut out the ad from the paper and stapled it to the request and to be fair I said I was available till 4 that day............it is retail and it is the holiday season ..............so I am not trying to pull anything. Now I am nervous, I will have to ask office if the request was approved and if she has it..........boss would have had to signed off on it.

So I'm here at work on a Saturday morning, working a rental that was supposed to start 30 minutes ago and the people aren't here yet :mad:. They are running late.

They better not ask for extra time or for a refund for the time they weren't here. Contracts are signed for a reason, ya know.

:banghead:

I'm supposed to meet friends who are coming in to town for lunch at noon.

eta: Oh good, a crazy old guy just wandered in. My day is looking up*

*sarcasm

eta2: The renters finally got here - two of them. And they are just sitting there talking on their cell phones when they are supposed to be setting up.

that sucks....did you get to meet up with your friend?

little annoyed....I had to run some errands this afternoon so I left my parents in charge of feeding Lily. Her food is in a cabinet in my bathroom while her litter box is in my closet. Whoever fed her shut the bathroom door on their way out! They're out of the night so I don't know who did it but there was a note in the kitchen stating what time she was fed. I was gone about 2 hours after the time on the note. Poor thing. I hope there's no surprises anywhere. So far I haven't found anything. She ran in there the second I opened the door so I'm guessing she didn't have any accidents....

I got a message from J and she is ok with the GA's ~ Thank goodness! She had foot surgery in May and is still in the recovery mode but seemed to think she'd be ok.............Between the 2 of us ~knee/foot~ we will have a heck of a night.........totally worth it :up:

Thanks kelly! These will be myl first GA's ever :hyper: Had GA's for U2 Hawaii #1 but we all know how that ended

I had told boss that I was going for tickets today and gave my hours away this morning and when I came in he came over and asked if I got them and I told him I got GA's ..............he smiled and just shook his head........later in the day he comes over and asks if it is on a certain date of a HUGE sale we have.......It is the day after............all I got was a hmmmmmmmmmm.

What the hell?

He doesn't do part days, I know that. Other areas do, ours does not. I already had turned in a request for off when the concert was announced, I even cut out the ad from the paper and stapled it to the request and to be fair I said I was available till 4 that day............it is retail and it is the holiday season ..............so I am not trying to pull anything. Now I am nervous, I will have to ask office if the request was approved and if she has it..........boss would have had to signed off on it.

your boss sounds like a real winner. I don't understand how everyone else is ok with half days but him. If you're available until 4 then wouldn't that give you almost a full day? If he declines your request after he knows you have tickets then you need to raise some hell with his boss. Also, Nov 15 is a little early to be panicking about the holidays to the point that you can't give a long time employee a day off. It's not like it's Dec 15!

BTW thanks :D

Part days...........don't know what his problem is with them. He isn't making out the schedule, the friggin' computer is. He turns in the requests and that should be it.
Like I said before, for Irish Fest I was available till 3 that Friday..........I got off :|..............didn't need the whole day off.

I have a lab appt. and a Dr. appt in Nov. Looks like I will have to request off for those dates even though I don't need the full day off............the appts are at 8:15 in the morning so I am available after 10, but because of price changes the computer can schedule you at 7 in the morning...........This is one place I am not fond of the use of computers.............

your boss sounds like a real winner. I don't understand how everyone else is ok with half days but him. If you're available until 4 then wouldn't that give you almost a full day? If he declines your request after he knows you have tickets then you need to raise some hell with his boss. Also, Nov 15 is a little early to be panicking about the holidays to the point that you can't give a long time employee a day off. It's not like it's Dec 15!

By Nov. 15 boss will be fixated on January inventory............which I don't even want to think about for 2 reasons...........it is November and After inventory is when the layoffs happened last year...........oh joy.

Word is something *interesting* is going to happen this fall...........they got the budget and it is "gruesome" Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxceeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllent :|

Playing around on Twitter.....giant storm hit a big music festival near Edmonton Alberta CA.......music stage collapsed, one person dead 60 possibly missing it sounds awful..........one of our pastors is up there visiting his in-laws :yikes:
Billy Currington was the act on stage when the storm hit..........reports are that he was injured and his bass player is missing. Billy Currington is scheduled to play WI State Fair Saturday. Doesn't sound good right now.

OMG :drool: :love: I just updated itunes for the first time since I left for AZ a year a half ago. :der: But it could be even longer than that because who knows if I really updated it before I left. It's sooooo different and cool! I love the album graphics! :love: I'm really surprised with my computer right now. First time since Dec that it's been turned on and it handled all of the itunes updates and didn't crash once. Now it's uploading cd's just fine. Maybe it corrected itself by being silent for 8 months......doubt it though. I'm sure it'll blow up soon. I just hope it's not until all of my cd's are in itunes, my ipod is updated, and I get the rest of my files on there that I want. ....

BTW thanks :D

Part days...........don't know what his problem is with them. He isn't making out the schedule, the friggin' computer is. He turns in the requests and that should be it.
Like I said before, for Irish Fest I was available till 3 that Friday..........I got off :|..............didn't need the whole day off.

I have a lab appt. and a Dr. appt in Nov. Looks like I will have to request off for those dates even though I don't need the full day off............the appts are at 8:15 in the morning so I am available after 10, but because of price changes the computer can schedule you at 7 in the morning...........This is one place I am not fond of the use of computers.............

ok needing to come in a few hours later is hardly a half shift! Or needing to leave by 3. Has anyone talked to him about that?

By Nov. 15 boss will be fixated on January inventory............which I don't even want to think about for 2 reasons...........it is November and After inventory is when the layoffs happened last year...........oh joy.

Word is something *interesting* is going to happen this fall...........they got the budget and it is "gruesome" Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxceeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllent :|

*interesting* ??? :yikes: Hope it's nothing bad. I can't imagine they would shake things up around the holidays.

well tomorrow morning is it for the restaurant. If they don't call by noon then I guess I'm working the bakery on Tuesday. She said I would know by Monday but they are closed on Mondays. :hmm: I don't think I got it. :( :sad: It was at the top of my list along with being transfered to a Hilton so if I don't get it that's strike two on my list. #3 is not hiring at all but if they were and I didn't get hired there then I'm not sure where my ideal place to work in this city would be. I do have some tiny chance yet with Hilton because they should have a need to hire in another month or two but then I would just be any old random person and not a current employee transfering. :angry:

I was supposed to leave with my mom at 7:45 for a walk then to my grandpa's house to help get ready for the sale in a few weeks. That sounded great at the time we discussed this but I didn't quite make it. :crack: :yawn: I guess I'll have to go to the house and then walk after.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom