Random Music Talk XLIX: Celebrating traditional Australian customs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What, you didn't like this album:

NUEVO+FRONT.jpg

?

Every time I see that album at the record store, I'm filled with the strongest of desires to purchase it. It's so horrendous.

The whole cast is incredible actually. Nick Nolte floored me, Frank Grillo is brilliant and I thought Jen Morrison anchored the manliness well.

I'm really surprised you haven't seen it jt given you're such a big MMA fan.

Already disputed (this is from the website that "leaked" that info): Bane’s Dialogue Now Easier to Understand in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

For Tom Hardy's work, everybody needs to check out Bronson and the British miniseries The Take. The bloke is truly on the path to be one of the greats.

This is however his best work that he had nothing to do with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjgVv4fue0U

And a huge WTF to that Roger Daltrey album cover. Who on this planet thought that was a good idea?

bono_212 said:
I'm not a fan of mma at all, but I might have to at least check this out.

No spoilers, but you will really, really like the beginning and end of the film, for reasons not related to the acting.

I'm really, really excited that I've finally settled on a psychology minor. I wanted to pick up music in order to supplement my journalistic pursuits, but it kicked my ass. I'm far enough along in psychology though that I can graduate next fall, and I absolutely love the topic. I hardly ever delve into the texts before the semester starts, but I've been reading my text in Sensation and Perception. The only thing I'm worried about is that I might love it so much I'll want to stay an extra year and attempt a double major.

I've decided that you should strike every power chord as if expecting to die in a fiery explosion while doing so. Spinal Tap drummer style.

I'm really, really excited that I've finally settled on a psychology minor. I wanted to pick up music in order to supplement my journalistic pursuits, but it kicked my ass. I'm far enough along in psychology though that I can graduate next fall, and I absolutely love the topic. I hardly ever delve into the texts before the semester starts, but I've been reading my text in Sensation and Perception. The only thing I'm worried about is that I might love it so much I'll want to stay an extra year and attempt a double major.

...or a Ph.D.

Danny Boy said:
...or a Ph.D.

That's the implication here, yeah.

A little early to think about that now, since it would completely redirect my course of study, but it's a possibility I hadn't really wanted to confront (and needed to) until this semester. We'll see how it goes, maybe it'll be a huge drain and I'll want to keep on with journalism or maybe I'll fall in love with it again. I stopped taking courses in the subject a couple of years ago because I needed to get general requirements out of the way.

No matter what, I've got at least 4 more years ahead of me before I can teach journalism at a collegiate level and maybe do some freelance work on the side.

Track is the illest, and she was great at FFF. A few days ago I got a ticket to see homegirl in February at (what else?) a BBQ joint.

She's a real scrapper. A self-made artist, like me.

I want to list her as this year's best new artist!

I just heard the most incredible thing. A dog DJ was playing Bloodbuzz Ohio, and crossfaded Kids out of it.

I want to list him as this year's best new artist!

I don't believe that I have ever heard a more drastic leap in inspiration between albums than Elton John's Big Picture to Songs from the West Coast. The former is one of the most perfunctory albums ever made, utterly devoid of motivation, whereas the latter is a striking return to form in terms of energy and songcraft, laden with introspection and self-realization.

This Train Don't Stop Here Anymore is one of his best post-1970's songs.

But yeah the whole album is surprisingly good.

The Captain and The Kid was very enjoyable as well.

I used to be the main expresssss!!!

All steam and whistles headin' west!

I really liked the music video for the song, too. Probably the first time a lot of people were like "Maybe this Timberlake kid isn't just some boy band puppet?"

I was like 10 when that video was in rotation and the giant pink drug bunny haunted my dreams.

GAF, the next time you see him, tell him I said hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom