Random Music Talk XLIX: Celebrating traditional Australian customs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was just on the train on the way home, and I passed a hardware store near my stop. On the back of the building there's a massive mural/painting with a bunch of silhouetted characters and words in huge letters on it. One of the words? "SERRENDIPITY".

How the fuck does that even happen? :|

cobl04 said:
Cricket is the best summer game in the world.

Peef did you know that Philly has one of the oldest cricket teams in the world?

i think there is a club in chestnut hill, but that's about all i know.

Bouts to listen to the Zeppelin three-disc live album entitled How The West Was Won. One of my buddies bought this back in high school and I never listened to it.

Opens up with "Immigrant Song", which will probably remind me of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo for the rest of my life.

Looks like there's a 25 minute version of "Dazed and Confused" and a 23 minute version of "Whole Lotta Love" on this bitch.

EXCESS!

Haha.

The first disc was highly enjoyable. Great guitar solo from Jimmer on "Heartbreaker", a really lovely version of "Going To California", etc.

Great guitar solo from Jimmer

jimmer-fredette-col-ap.jpg

How The Mountain West Was Won: Jimmer Fredette Live 2010-2011 - Three Full-Length Discs Of The Sound Of A Basketball Going Through A Net Unimpeded By the Rim

GirlsAloudFan said:
Bouts to listen to the Zeppelin three-disc live album entitled How The West Was Won. One of my buddies bought this back in high school and I never listened to it.

Opens up with "Immigrant Song", which will probably remind me of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo for the rest of my life.

Looks like there's a 25 minute version of "Dazed and Confused" and a 23 minute version of "Whole Lotta Love" on this bitch.

EXCESS!

Best live album I've ever heard. Neil Young's Massey Hall is probably second. That version of Whole Lotta Love has a raucous medley in the center, so it's more like five songs than one.

GirlsAloudFan said:

EXCESS!

Favorite disc = disc 2. What Is And What Should Never Be and Dancing Days :drool:

Live Rust by Neil Young and the deluxe Live At Leeds are the best live albums ever. I'm hoping Ramones' It's Alive that I just got on vinyl will be up there though.

I'm digging that new Taylor single Ours. I'm glad that it didn't make it onto an album proper because it's fairly plain musically compared to the more adventurous Speak Now, but it's a cute song, and the chorus is a winner.

Ye hasn't gone on a good old fashioned Twitter jag in a while, so we were due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom