Random Music Talk XLIX: Celebrating traditional Australian customs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reason I love it is that some of the rhymes are just ridiculously fun. I don't even think Bonfire is that good but shit - "I love pussy I love bitches I should be running PETA". that's awesome

I haven't heard anything from Donald Glover's new rap album yet, save for the snippet on "Letterman" I caught recently. I am rather curious to check it out, though, simply 'cause it's Donald, so at some point I'll go hunt down some clips and give 'em a listen. I did see an interview with him on Fuse once, and I really like his attitude and rationale about rap music, about how people should be quicker to see the humor in it all and how annoying it is that rap music gets knocked so much as some lower form of music.

Thanks. You're right, that actually was not that bad. Her dramatics are a bit much and it's not always easy to hear the words clearly, but otherwise, I appreciate her trying to really get into the spirit of the song.

And whoever put the strings in there...:up:. I loved that cello in the background. Anytime strings are put into a song, my interest is always piqued a bit.

Another reason I love it is that some of the rhymes are just ridiculously fun. I don't even think Bonfire is that good but shit - "I love pussy I love bitches I should be running PETA". that's awesome
Made the beat then murdered it,
Casey Anthony.

Wait a second. The consensus here is that the Kesha cover is good?

I admire her going for it, and I think it's pretty unique, but I don't like it very much and probably will never listen to it again.

Looking forward to her new album, though.

More like not bad. As in, not brilliant, but nowhere near as horrible as one would imagine. Or something. Again, I was highly skeptical myself, so...

I remember my dad used to constantly talk about a version of that song that the Four Seasons did that he absolutely could not stand. Anytime the subject of bad covers came up, that was the first one out of his mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxBC8SRjFKg

After listening to it, um...yeah. No argument. I don't mind some of the Four Seasons' songs, but this is kinda...scary.

What Cobbler said.

As in, the clip allows one to swallow the puke that has come up inside one's mouth instead of spewing it out uncontrollably.

What Cobbler said.

As in, the clip allows one to swallow the puke that has come up inside one's mouth instead of spewing it out uncontrollably.

haha, this is probably my favorite comment on Ke$ha ever.

I only listened to Tik Tok once. Never again.

I had never watched Portlandia, even though I'd wanted to check it out, and see if it lives up to the buzz.

I watched the episode they linked to on Pitchfork today, and definitely enjoyed it. It featured the fucking Blum (may he rest in everlasting peace), and Ed Ved.

The Pearl Jam sketch was so spot-on, it's frightening. Carrie Brownstein is very good friends with Eddie (Eddie has mentioned several times that Sleater-Kinney is/was his favorite band) and it's nice to see them poking fun at the whole PJ fandom thing. I'll bet the amount of PJ fans in real life that have a similar tattoo to the one they were making fun of in the sketch is staggering. And Eddie was great during his little 30 second cameo.

The dream of the 90s is alive in Portland!

I didn't love every sketch, but far more hits than there are misses.

The Pearl Jam sketch was so spot-on, it's frightening. Carrie Brownstein is very good friends with Eddie (Eddie has mentioned several times that Sleater-Kinney is/was his favorite band) and it's nice to see them poking fun at the whole PJ fandom thing. I'll bet the amount of PJ fans in real life that have a similar tattoo to the one they were making fun of in the sketch is staggering. And Eddie was great during his little 30 second cameo.

No way Vedder was better than he was here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-j31YoEeRU

"A compliment for us...is a compliment for you!"

Funny enough, many counties in Texas, Kansas, Virginia, and the Dirty South have stricter alcohol restrictions than Utah. "Dry counties" where the sale of alcohol is prohibited within the entire county.

Dry county - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
what amuses me is jack daniels is produced in a fucking dry county. so you can buy things with it in it in lynchburg, tennessee like cakes and such, but you can't actually go to a bar and get a shot of it or anything. i've never been to any dry counties but i've driven through some and the signs as you're about to leave a...wet county? and enter a dry one are hilarious. nothing huge, just stuff like "last stop for beer in 25 miles" or something, because i guess if you live in that area, 25 miles is too fucking far to drive or something.

Friends, I'm very much looking forward to the new Sleigh Bells album.

The debut still rocks my socks.

Ha, yeah. That's what reminded me to post about it.

I've only heard that new single once, but I liked it. They have such a distinct sound. I like them.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Ha, yeah. That's what reminded me to post about it.

I've only heard that new single once, but I liked it. They have such a distinct sound. I like them.

I think they're pretty interesting. I like that song that heavily samples Funkadelic.

u2popmofo said:
Guided By Voices are on Letterman tonight.

I want to hear Tractor Rape Chain on television.

Too bad Bee Thousand was 17 years ago.

Damn, you know what is one of the best songs ever?

"Stuck Between Stations"

Holy shit. I haven't heard this song in at least a year or so. Huge smile on my face.

"He likes the warm feeling, but he's tired of all the dehydration!"

I'm currently writing a little three-chord song about how high I am right now. The lyrics are ridiculous. I probably won't ever show this one to my friends. Having fun with it, though.

The tentative title of the song is "I'm So High Right Now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom