Random Music Talk XLI: Uber Deluxe Now Includes Butt Meat; Still A Waste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, after all this time, I don't know what the whole Buttmeat thing is about. Is it a band? Is it a song? It is some random joke I just missed months ago?

Howie B. song from Turn the Dark Off. Fucked up drum'n'bass, I guess. Most of the songs on that record are just...absurdly named. "Butt Meat" isn't even the primary offender, but it's definitely the most me.

The idea of a feral family running around naked in the woods of New Jersey smacks of Sigur Ros to me.

Is Mulder always the embarrassment of the FBI? They find any minor thing they can to give him shit. Scully seems fascinated and disgusted by him in equal measure.

Damn, I tried to find it on YouTube, but it's not available in my country. Oh well.

Thanks for the explanation. Listening to "Maniac Melody" instead. Kind of digging it.

It's not like the best album ever, or whatever. Certainly no kind of lost classic. But some of the songs are fucking beasts, and it definitely is worth at least a few listens. Some keepers on there, no doubt.

There's an episode called Jump The Shark in season 9 somewhere. I'm excited for that one.

Oh, god. I can't say much about it without giving away the ending of that episode, but I was supremely irritated that effing Chris Carter SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER, and managed to make me not care about it.

That was how bitter I was about the whole season and how fucked up "my show" had become. Season 8 had some bright spots (and I liked Robert Patrick as Agent Doggett), but I have not been able to go back and rewatch anything from season 9, not even the series finale.

Maybe someday.

I'm secretly hoping it's about a shark that swims on land and eats people/chews through the Washington Monument. Mulder and Scully investigate because fucking each other day and night got boring.

Rest assured, I'm sufficiently prepared for the worst.

Hmmmm. I'll have to think about the episode names. Nothing comes to mind re Duran Duran songs.

There are some stand-out episodes in the first 2 seasons, but it wasn't until season 3 where shit started to get really good. I started watching at the tail end of season 3.

I don't know which of these threads to post in

You've made the right choice.

U2%2BZoo%2BTV%2BRadio%2BTransmit%2BPromo%2B-%2B01%2B-%2BFront%2BCover.jpg

ITT we will talk about Shout giving a truly valiant effort supporting his butt meat thread.

It really should just be retitled BUTT MEAT and live on forever. I don't know why there isn't a thread for Howie B yet anyway.

My solution was to do a merge and rename the result Random Music XLI: Uber Deluxe Now Includes Butt Meat; Still A Waste or something to that effect. Hardly my call, but Shouter deserves inclusion in the title for his valiant effort.

I love that shit. A few years ago, on TNT, they would play three episodes of it back to back to back every night from like 2 to 5 in the morning. That was when I got hooked. They stopped doing that shit, though. Damn shame.

Doctor Who <--- watch it <---- had a great sequence where they had an attractive redhead investigating a strange paranormal occurrence in an orphanage in classic X Files fashion. Steven Moffat said he wasn't familiar with the X Files, but if someone likes Gillian Anderson you should take a looksee at Karen Gillan.

My dad loved the X Files and I can thank him for my affection for Vancouver-based Sci Fi shows. It was never the same when they moved to LA. It was the misty forests, or something. Just classic Northwest Atmosphere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom