Random Music Talk LVIII: The Moon And Antarctica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That new Grizzly Bear track is awesome. It's got that same guitar sound that I loved on some of the Veckatimest tracks.

Indeed. Would have sounded right at home on Veckatimest, which is definitely a winning formula.

I would've agreed with you for the first few, but she won me over during the party episode.

Even though her character is a bit of a prude, I'm on the Marnie train.

Oh, and did you guys know Shoshanna is David Mamet's daughter in real life?
Yeah. And Marnie is Brian Williams' daughter. Pretty cray.

Hannah is the best character, OBVS.

Samesies. Really enjoyed the album after two listens too.

Finally made it all the way through the Friends album, which is now on Spotify. "Enjoy" is the right word for it. It's just fun to listen to. Really liked "A Light" and "Va Fan Gor Du" on the first pass.

Heard another Mumford and Sons song I like. Also heard another White Stripes song I like other than Seven Nation Army, probably because the radio finally decided to play a White Stripes song that wasn't "Seven Nation Army."

I'm tempted to go see them later this year... they're playing with Eddie Sharp & Magnetic Zeros. I've heard they're both great live. I only know Little Lion Man, which is okay but not the greatest song in the world. And I still love Home.

Home is fucking great. The rest of that album was fairly generic psychedelic folk, but I enjoyed it well enough. I have low expectations for the follow-up; what are the odds that lightning strikes twice and they have another song as good as Home to anchor the record?

Mumford and Sons are OK. I've grown to hate the vocalist and the fact that all of their songs sound the same (the album has no dynamics whatsoever), but the band is talented and occasionally they write a bulletproof pop song.

cobl04 said:
iYup you pimped Perfume Genius so long ago I thought it was a 2011 release.

At any rate, not my thing. Sorry guys

Not in touch with your feminine side, Cobbler? :wink:

Bob Dylan Positively 4th Street?

We have since made up, but I shall take this under advisement. THank ya.

Went to the doctor because my kneecap apparently slipped out of place the other day. I've had chronic joint pain since I was 12, so this kind of just was a go with the flow thing for me at first, but I've had a lot of tenseness ever since. Anyways, the doctor was all like, "well, your knee is fine, but the chronic joint thing bothers me." I know we've discussed this in here before, but I told her that I've had tests done and every thing and nothing's ever come back positive. She was really nice and ran more blood work for me and even followed up with a call just now about getting a brace for my knee. Yay good doctors.

Also, I'll continue to just go against the grain and love Mumford and Sons. I don't give no shit.

I nearly cried from joy when Caribou played this on Sunday, such a great song.

Caribou - Jamelia - YouTube

Caribou. Manitoba. It's all great, great shit.

I received a $1500 check from leftover financial aid today, so I'm absolutely positive I can spare some coin to see him with Radiohead. Gotta listen to all of their albums I haven't heard yet (I believe that's just the debut from each project).

No offense to their fans, but really, Caribou is a far superior opening act to Liars IMO. Seen those guys twice and they grated badly twice. I like their new record though, it's up on NPR.

Caribou. Manitoba. It's all great, great shit.

I received a $1500 check from leftover financial aid today, so I'm absolutely positive I can spare some coin to see him with Radiohead. Gotta listen to all of their albums I haven't heard yet (I believe that's just the debut from each project).

No offense to their fans, but really, Caribou is a far superior opening act to Liars IMO. Seen those guys twice and they grated badly twice. I like their new record though, it's up on NPR.

I've seen Liars 3 times. The 1 time opening for Radihoead was far and away the worst, they seemed really out of place in an outdoor arena like that, and the sound was pretty crappy. The two other times I've seen them in clubs were fantastic though, they seem considerably more comfortable and entertaining in smaller venues. I actually wasn't even a fan until the first time I saw them (opening for Interpol), they were so good that I went out and bought one or two of their albums the next day.

Caribou wise, everything he / they played in DC was from the most recent album. Only plays for 30 mins or so, which ends uo being like 4 or 5 songs. Odessa was a weird remix version, I was slightly bummed by that, but everything else was great. That said, people around me seemed just as bored and indifferent to them as crowds did with Liars opening on the last tour. I honestly don't think I've been to a Radiohead show where the crowd seemed engaged with the opener much at all, despite having seen great openers at every show. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom