Random Music Talk LVIII: The Moon And Antarctica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I popped into the Interference Photos thread for a quick check, and I'm relieved to see I'm still on record as being a 300+ pound Emmitt Smith enthusiast.

THE GRlZ!

banana.gif

I'd forgotten to order the new Liars album, and assumed I could easily find it today at some place like Best Buy or Target. I obviously haven't done much music shopping at either place lately, as Best Buy only has 3 rows of CDs now, and Target had 2. I was shocked how much smaller the music sections of both stores have become. :sad:

So, not only is Girls just about the best thing going right now in the world of entertainment, it also might have introduced me to a new awesome band. I really dug the sound of the song playing at the end of the most recent episode, found out that it was by The Vaccines, and now I'm enjoying their album on Spotify.

Also, Jessa.

Yes, Girls is indeed fantastic, and the Jessa/Marnie scene was quite, uh, stirring.

Reminds me that I need to watch Sunday's episodes of Veep and Girls. I don't really find either show all that funny, but they're both entertaining and keep me watching. I definitely prefer Girls to Veep though.

New Grizzly Bear song rules. Imps, I just noticed in my Facebook feed that I'm not the only person in Utah complaining that having "Ute" in the first track's title and not scheduling a tour date here is crappy.

That Vaccines album is great. Love it.

It's pretty good. The album's almost over, and I think the song that they played in the episode ("Wreckin' Bar") is still the standout. Fun song.

It has a lot of similarities to all those British guitar bands that popped up after the Strokes and Libertines hit it big, but I tend to like that style for the most part so it's all good.

Yes, Girls is indeed fantastic, and the Jessa/Marnie scene was quite, uh, stirring.

I WANT TO BE BALLS DEEP...in something.

Girls is the only show I watch regularly. I haven't followed anything for years. Quality show

So, not only is Girls just about the best thing going right now in the world of entertainment, it also might have introduced me to a new awesome band. I really dug the sound of the song playing at the end of the most recent episode, found out that it was by The Vaccines, and now I'm enjoying their album on Spotify.

Also, Jessa.

That Vaccines album is great. Love it.

Just found out yesterday my good friends are going to be opening for them on this upcoming tour.

They're a two-girl band (guitar and drums) who rock pretty fucking hard and are sexy as hell. Every time they play, guys and girls alike are just drooling over the dirty vibes. And they have some really catchy tunes. Anyway, remember the name Deap Vally. You heard it here first. And yes, that spelling is correct.

Jessa's my least favorite by far. She's verging on insufferable.

But I'm really digging the show. haven't watched this week's yet.

I'd forgotten to order the new Liars album, and assumed I could easily find it today at some place like Best Buy or Target. I obviously haven't done much music shopping at either place lately, as Best Buy only has 3 rows of CDs now, and Target had 2. I was shocked how much smaller the music sections of both stores have become. :sad:

I have made the same mistake recently of fully expecting to find a highly anticipated (by me, anyway) release at Target and being disappointed. Since Borders went under, Target and Starbucks are the only retailers in town that carry CDs.

I'm listening to Liars right now on my late lunch break. It seems I'm getting more and more new releases these days from iTunes/Amazon/7digital. I'm tempted to just say screw it and get a premium Spotify subscription, but now there's that whole matter of bands delaying the release of their albums on Spotify.

That's great! Good for them.

Pity about that band name, though.

I think it's some kind of Led Zep tribute.

If anyone's interested (and I think many of you would love them), here's a short song I shot on my iPhone last fall, the girls played their first shows outside of LA and I went along for the ride. Can't see much but audio is good:

IMG 1065 - YouTube

Here's a little write-up they got yesterday from a reputable local music site, and there's a new song you can stream that is a killer:

Premiere: Deap Vally, ‘End of the World’

I have made the same mistake recently of fully expecting to find a highly anticipated (by me, anyway) release at Target and being disappointed. Since Borders went under, Target and Starbucks are the only retailers in town that carry CDs.

I'm listening to Liars right now on my late lunch break. It seems I'm getting more and more new releases these days from iTunes/Amazon/7digital. I'm tempted to just say screw it and get a premium Spotify subscription, but now there's that whole matter of bands delaying the release of their albums on Spotify.

Borders, FYE, and a local indie store all went under last 6 months or so here. I lived relatively close to all of them (extremely close to Borders). I keep forgetting I'm screwed if I don't preorder somewhere. I can drive about 15 to 20 minutes from work on the interstate and get to an indie store, but that can be a bit of a hassle. I did get the new Walkmen album at Best Buy though, so they do have things from time to time, you just never know what to expect.

For some reason Liars isn't even showing as being in stock at Amazon yet. Sheesh, I really should seriously consider going digital for most things. :huh:

Is the worst character on the show. It's all about Shosh.

I would've agreed with you for the first few, but she won me over during the party episode.

Even though her character is a bit of a prude, I'm on the Marnie train.

Oh, and did you guys know Shoshanna is David Mamet's daughter in real life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom