Random Facts and Confessions! (Part Deux)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
randhail said:
I wanna do hood rat stuff with my friends.

:lol:

The Disciple said:

GOD BLESS U! :yes:

Thanks!

I'm really lucky that I have a professor who's behind me, and he's working with me to come up with an individualized degree program to combine a few different, but connected areas I'm interested in.

This isn't mine but Mr. Brown bought a large HD LCD TV and it is spectacular, more spectacular than I could ever dream.

VertigoGal said:
what are you studying?

The major's going to be called Music in Society and Culture, where I'm focusing on 20th century popular music and its role in cultures. I have three thematic areas within that large title: Music (theory and musicology courses), Popular Culture, and Music in Cultural Contexts.

It's going to be a lot of fun (along with a ton of work to get the program approved), and it allows me to combine a few of my loves into a degree.

The professor I'm working with is a musicologist who was basically in the same boat as me when he was in college, not a performer, someone who just loves music and studying it, so I think he has a lot of strong feelings about helping me get something together that will work.

onebloodonelife said:

The major's going to be called Music in Society and Culture, where I'm focusing on 20th century popular music and its role in cultures. I have three thematic areas within that large title: Music (theory and musicology courses), Popular Culture, and Music in Cultural Contexts.

It's going to be a lot of fun (along with a ton of work to get the program approved), and it allows me to combine a few of my loves into a degree.

The professor I'm working with is a musicologist who was basically in the same boat as me when he was in college, not a performer, someone who just loves music and studying it, so I think he has a lot of strong feelings about helping me get something together that will work.

That sounds like a farking awesome course, I am soooo jealous.

i made an EXTREME fuck up today at work.

a superior sent me an email with a :censored: rediculous request, and my coworkers and i usually send things back and forward saying what a wanker this person is, i thought i had forwarded
WTF? as a smart arse response to my co worker. i had not.
it went back to the superior.

oh fuckity fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck .

:banghead:

tempted to saty home tomorrow :reject:

onebloodonelife said:

Sounds very cool. Just out of curiousity... what do you do with that degree? :reject:

So much for being a doctor, right? :giggle:

Hope things work out alright jen!

mysterious_jen said:

a superior sent me an email with a :censored: rediculous request, and my coworkers and i usually send things back and forward saying what a wanker this person is, i thought i had forwarded

Holy shit, you poor thing!! :ohmy: :hug: A friend of mine did this once, but thankfully not to a supervisor, but just one of the customer service bitches. Unfortunately, she was giving out another of our secret awards which we'd regale ourselves with and sent her her own "Most likely to be taken out in the carpark for being a complete pain in the arse". She had all night to stew on it as she'd done it long after they'd gone home. She did find the best way to handle it was with absolute silence. I think it drove the CS cow more mad, actually. So it was a good thing. Well, it wasn't but you know..
:shifty:

Hope the shit doesn't fly too bad tomorrow, Jen!
:hug:

mysterious_jen said:

oh dear, maybe you could pass it off as a joke???

COBL_04 said:

That sounds like a farking awesome course, I am soooo jealous.

It is going to be pretty badass, if I may say myself. :wink:

Lila64 said:

Sounds very cool. Just out of curiousity... what do you do with that degree? :reject:

So much for being a doctor, right? :giggle:

I'm planning on going to grad school and getting a PhD in musicology, and I'll *hopefully* end up working in academia, teaching at a university and writing articles for journals and such.

:lol: Yeah...I figured out last semester that I wasn't cut out for the "hard" sciences. I would love to be a doctor, but I don't particularly enjoy the road to getting there. I'm more of a humanities person anyway.

And, hey, with a PhD, I'll be a doctor anyway! :wink:

How do you "use up" sunglasses?! :scratch:

I have just agreed to start training for my 1st mini-triathlon in October. (825 yds swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run) I think I'm insane. Really.

Last edited:
I just got caught swearing at some random arseweed at the carpark down the shops. Some dick pulled up behind me despite my reverse lights being on, and so I begin cursing him saying "don't f***ing stop, you c**k!" and of course some old guy appeared near my window and just looked blankly at me. Naturally the damn window was rolled down.

Housewives.
:tsk:

Today sucked balls and I don't even really know why... I thought I was over beating myself up about crap. :sigh:

Also my brother is making it very hard for me to get along with him as I am am very frustrated and in some ways he's becoming the person I want to be... but it's taken him until now to do it. Late bloomer.

What's everyone's tried-and-true tips to put a smile on their dial?

Angela Harlem said:
I just got caught swearing at some random arseweed at the carpark down the shops. Some dick pulled up behind me despite my reverse lights being on, and so I begin cursing him saying "don't f***ing stop, you c**k!" and of course some old guy appeared near my window and just looked blankly at me. Naturally the damn window was rolled down.

Housewives.

Has anyone told you how awesome you are, Angie?

:up:

Angela Harlem said:

Housewives.

:lmao: awsome

A_Wanderer said:
Scratch them up, have them drop off large buildings, generally fumbling and loosing them, give them to people; the list is endless ;)
Dont forget crushing them with your arse. D:

Ok, more a problem than a fact or confession, but I CBA with a seperate thread.

I think I have depression, but if I go to the doctor, will they really be able to help? Im not keen on counseling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom