Project Zero One / Songs of Ascent / New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the nerve to come out with your own album exactly when U2 should be coming out with an album.

:down:

And besides we've heard that they already had more Spider-man music that Taymor ditched, so maybe it's just a matter of them (the writers) taking another look at all the music they originally wrote. Bono was even disappointed I think that she said no to one of the songs because he thought it was the hit.

i think the best we could ever hope for with u2 is a surprise single announcement.

there are many things that u2 could and should learn from second tier (as far as popularity goes) bands like radiohead, pearl jam, etc., especially when it comes to fan relations, but when it comes to marketing, they're simply in a different stratosphere.

Well at least they're streaming their concert live today! That's at least a step! (for fan relations)

And besides we've heard that they already had more Spider-man music that Taymor ditched, so maybe it's just a matter of them (the writers) taking another look at all the music they originally wrote. Bono was even disappointed I think that she said no to one of the songs because he thought it was the hit.

That's true, but I still think it's going to require work on their part. If the book is being changed, they will have to rework lyrics. They can use abandoned music, but I'm sure some of it wasn't used because it wasn't considered good enough. So while they might be able to mine the unused music for some discarded gems, they might need to come up with some new music as well. It seems like they're going to have do a solid amount of work on Spider-man, so hopefully they're done with the new album already.

Didn't they do that in 2001, with Notre Dame show ?

they did

but considering they promote the use of 1000mikes at u2.com, I wouldn't be surprised if they start streaming all their shows (or at least select ones, more frequently)

Crumbs was a song they actually talked about and soundcheck from day one, SUC has got no such love.

Maybe they liked the sentiment of the one line so they put it on a t-shirt, doesn't mean they like the song.

Even in the most recent article leading up to the release it talked about Bono writing some last minute lyrics and the author commented on the "little old lady" lyric and how Bono seemed to even cringe at it. So maybe just maybe when all was said and done they realized they just didn't catch anything with that song.

BTW, Boots is a far superior song.

It took a fair long time until Crumbs got played live. Late 3rd leg of the tour.

It would seem weird to print out massive amounts of T-shirts...with lines from songs you hate. And there's a difference between "seeming to cringe" at a cherry-picked line and hating the entire song.

Not really, no.
The huge poll atu2.com did got it right. Never thought a lead single would get that mark compared to other album songs, but sometimes reason prevails...

U2girl, you seem to get unfairly picked on a lot.. but also, you rarely ignore those who are antagonizing you

just an observation

:lol:

I was just coming here to post that. But dang, I can't complain about this song being the final pre-show song.

Assuming another song isn't following it, that is.

I heard this on XM's First Wave about an hour ago, not an exact quote, but here goes;

DJ said that when asked about the possibility of Jay-Z appearing on their new album, due out in May, The Edge said "maybe" and Adam Clayton said "we'll see".

I don't know what that means or where he got that from, but who knows.

I heard this on XM's First Wave about an hour ago, not an exact quote, but here goes;

DJ said that when asked about the possibility of Jay-Z appearing on their new album, due out in May, The Edge said "maybe" and Adam Clayton said "we'll see".

jigga what?

Either the DJ got the quote jumbled from that interview where Edge/Adam said the same thing about "new album" in general, or Edge and Adam are using the same response to every question now.

If the latter is true, that a) means they're being coy, which I think is a good sign; and b) is really hilarious.

Elbow is the new Major Tom?

do not like.

I bet the Boots/Africa remix is only being used for the South African shows. I think it's a really cool intro.

Either the DJ got the quote jumbled from that interview where Edge/Adam said the same thing about "new album" in general, or Edge and Adam are using the same response to every question now.

If the latter is true, that a) means they're being coy, which I think is a good sign; and b) is really hilarious.

an AP report came out today, claiming that Bono wears women's underwear.

when asked for comment, The Edge said "maybe," while Adam replied "we'll see."

Yeah :lmao:

Seriously though i almost ran off the road when i heard that. Sounded like BS to me....except for the "due out in May" part....which seems almost universal now.

what time is it in the world?

Oh christ i hope not!

does it make me a bad person that i think i might like the city of blinding lights intro from new zealand and australia more than what we just heard?

i love what they're doing, but there was something beautifully simple about the questions in human voices and the extra piano keys before the edge kicked in.

aw shucks, can i have both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom