Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, that's fine. like i said, i've had it ever since i was a little kid, so in the dream i'm a baby in my crib. (i've never aged in the dream for some reason) and i should also point out i'm reeeeally scared of spiders. so like i'm laying in my crib, and i see a spider on the ceiling. all of a sudden i see a couple more, then a couple more, and then they start falling on the floor, in my crib, and more start appearing on the ceiling and falling, etc. i start crying and my mom comes in to see wtf, and she sees all these fucking spiders falling from the ceiling, screams, and runs out and shuts the door, leaving me in there. then at that point i always wake up, so i don't know what happens after that.

ha, that first one is kind of weird. i've read where people can interpret dreams, like if this happens in a dream, then it means this. and i've definitely had dreams like the second one where i wish i could go back to it!

ugh. my mom's afraid of spiders cause when she was a kid she woke up with one on her face.

the croatia night fright one was the most scared i've ever been i think.

Varitek said:

i once in a while get a really, really, really awful charlie horse in my left calve. it's happened maybe 4 times over 6 or 7 years, maybe even 8 years, i think it might have been even when i still had those bunk beds that it first happened. 2-3 of the 4 times have been while i was dead asleep, and its always while i'm in bed. i'll sit bold upright in pain and then it only goes away if i massage it really forcefully.

weird shit.

I've gotten it in my left calf twice, in my left foot about 40 times.

I also get charlie horses in my left foot whenever I swim, and only got rid of them by slamming my foot against the bottom or the sides of the pool. This happens frequently, since there's a pool in my backyard.

Interestingly enough, my left foot is my good foot. My right is the one that's had recurring injuries for four years.

Varitek said:

damn i have always wanted to have a lucid dream! i suppose that time when i was 10 and willed myself back into a dream was pretty cool, but i was 10 and didnt know about lucid dreams.

what were yoru deaths? what happened in the dream after you died?

Death #1 - Sort of like Back to the Future, at the end, in the parking lot....a van pulls up and gunmen start shooting at me and my friends, right in front of my apartment building...I run down the stairs towards the lobby (the lobby is below street level, no clue why) and get shot in the back....fucking dream then goes all blood red, and I die. Very cinematic, I am not me, I am watching me. I wake up freaked out, but calm.

Death #2 - I am me, and I am driving a jeep (I have never driven one in my life) heading to Vegas to meet friends....I take one turn too fast, and drive right off of a cliff down into Death Valley, screaming my ass off the whole way. I wake up screaming, heart racing wildly. I'm pretty fucked up all day.

Death #3 - My dead Grandmother is being mugged back in her old neighborhood....I run over to help, and in the fracas, get stabbed. I am me, not an observer. I keep struggling, but everything fades out slowly. I wake up very afraid, but calm.

No spoken words said:

Yup. I love and hate it when it happens. Then I wrack my brain and wonder if I dreamed it or not.

Exactly. I usually stop and think about it for a while.

phillyfan26 said:

I've gotten it in my left calf twice, in my left foot about 40 times.

I also get charlie horses in my left foot whenever I swim, and only got rid of them by slamming my foot against the bottom or the sides of the pool. This happens frequently, since there's a pool in my backyard.

Interestingly enough, my left foot is my good foot. My right is the one that's had recurring injuries for four years.

that's weird. mine is really really rare, and no amount of banging or kicking would help it. it's intense like i'd scream if it weren't the middle of the night, and takes really deep massaging to work out.

i've never gotten any other charlie horses, only the occasional wrong movement that pinches a nerve in the neck or arch of the foot.

Varitek said:

i once in a while get a really, really, really awful charlie horse in my left calve. it's happened maybe 4 times over 6 or 7 years, maybe even 8 years, i think it might have been even when i still had those bunk beds that it first happened. 2-3 of the 4 times have been while i was dead asleep, and its always while i'm in bed. i'll sit bold upright in pain and then it only goes away if i massage it really forcefully.

weird shit.

Whenever I'm playing softball regularly, you can count me waking up at least 1 night a week with a cramp in my fucking calf. It just balls up and I ride it out.

Varitek said:
ugh. my mom's afraid of spiders cause when she was a kid she woke up with one on her face.

the croatia night fright one was the most scared i've ever been i think.
omg i seriously think i'd have a heart attack if i ever had one on my face. i've had one like on my shoulder, but my face? ugggggggggh!!! :heebiejeebies:

i can imagine, to already be nervous, and then to have something like that happen :hug:

No spoken words said:

Death #1 - Sort of like Back to the Future, at the end, in the parking lot....a van pulls up and gunmen start shooting at me and my friends, right in front of my apartment building...I run down the stairs towards the lobby (the lobby is below street level, no clue why) and get shot in the back....fucking dream then goes all blood red, and I die. Very cinematic, I am not me, I am watching me. I wake up freaked out, but calm.

Death #2 - I am me, and I am driving a jeep (I have never driven one in my life) heading to Vegas to meet friends....I take one turn too fast, and drive right off of a cliff down into Death Valley, screaming my ass off the whole way. I wake up screaming, heart racing wildly. I'm pretty fucked up all day.

Death #3 - My dead Grandmother is being mugged back in her old neighborhood....I run over to help, and in the fracas, get stabbed. I am me, not an observer. I keep struggling, but everything fades out slowly. I wake up very afraid, but calm.

that is craaaaazy. it's possible i died in the old lady in croatia one. i felt like i was suffocating, she was on top of my chest and shaking me and hten i couldn't move at all. then i woke up and couldn't process it cause i had to haul ass off the bus, my shoes were tied to my bag, my purse was attached to my belt etc and my contacts were not in place so i was a mess.

No spoken words said:

Whenever I'm playing softball regularly, you can count me waking up at least 1 night a week with a cramp in my fucking calf. It just balls up and I ride it out.

i have never ridden it out. i don't think i could. i attack it with my thumbs. this might not resolve it any faster but i have to feel like i'm doing something.

Varitek said:

that is craaaaazy. it's possible i died in the old lady in croatia one. i felt like i was suffocating, she was on top of my chest and shaking me and hten i couldn't move at all. then i woke up and couldn't process it cause i had to haul ass off the bus, my shoes were tied to my bag, my purse was attached to my belt etc and my contacts were not in place so i was a mess.

It is crazy, agreed. As I said before, I have very colorful, vivid and detailed dreams....some are awesome, I love them....some are truly fucked up.....

Varitek said:

i have never ridden it out. i don't think i could. i attack it with my thumbs. this might not resolve it any faster but i have to feel like i'm doing something.

I point my foot towards me, that's about all I do.

No spoken words said:

It is crazy, agreed. As I said before, I have very colorful, vivid and detailed dreams....some are awesome, I love them....some are truly fucked up.....

what are some of the awesome ones?

phillyfan26 said:
I've never dreamt a dead person being alive, ever.

I normally don't. My Grandmother pops up in my dreams rarely, but she is the only one. She was my favorite and died when I was 15. Only funeral I ever attended where I sort of lost it. My Aunt, who rarely talked to me or my sister came up to me after the funeral and said to me "Your Grandma is gone now, but maybe I can be like her for you" and my reply was "I fucking doubt it". 15 year old NSW was getting started on being an asshole early on!

I've never suffered a major injury, thank God. My right foot was the only thing close. In a basketball game four years ago, I was running down court, and, as I was running, my right toe was pointed to the ground and my heel pointed up. At that moment, a teammate tripped and fell directly on the heel of my foot, and sprained the middle of my foot. Only time I ever left a game for an injury. It was in the first quarter, and I spent the whole second quarter trying to walk it off, to no avail. I spent the next few days heavily limping, and working it out in my pool by sitting on the edge and just moving it around. It still swells up when I run in games early in the season, and progressively gets better as the season goes on.

Varitek said:

what are some of the awesome ones?

Oh, no one thing....some romantic in nature when I was a lot younger.....some just action-packed and crazy but fun....some are simple, me on a train overseas pops up now and then, which I love.....other simple ones are my 3 closest friends and I at Yankee Stadium, etc.....I wish I could remember some of the more positive but bizarre ones, but I don't.

No spoken words said:
I normally don't. My Grandmother pops up in my dreams rarely, but she is the only one. She was my favorite and died when I was 15. Only funeral I ever attended where I sort of lost it. My Aunt, who rarely talked to me or my sister came up to me after the funeral and said to me "Your Grandma is gone now, but maybe I can be like her for you" and my reply was "I fucking doubt it". 15 year old NSW was getting started on being an asshole early on!

My mother's father died eleven years before I was born. My father's parents died within a year of each other, when I was two and three years old. My mother's mother was around till I was eight, when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She died a year and a half ago, when I was 15. I haven't cried, to be honest, since her funeral. I was perfectly fine for the whole mass, and then, as we walked out with the casket ... a guy was playing Amazing Grace on bagpipes (we're all Irish) as we were walking out and that sort of did me in a little bit.

phillyfan26 said:

My mother's father died eleven years before I was born. My father's parents died within a year of each other, when I was two and three years old. My mother's mother was around till I was eight, when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She died a year and a half ago, when I was 15. I haven't cried, to be honest, since her funeral. I was perfectly fine for the whole mass, and then, as we walked out with the casket ... a guy was playing Amazing Grace on bagpipes (we're all Irish) as we were walking out and that sort of did me in a little bit.

I was solid as a rock at my Grandmother's, but for whatever reason, right in the middle of the service, I lost it out of nowhere. I did not fight it or anything, I loved her a lot and was upset that I was not more upset prior to. That's the last time I cried over a lost relative, but, certainly, I've shed tears since.

I haven't really had anything to cry over since then. I'm not an outwardly emotional person, for the most part.

phillyfan26 said:
I've never suffered a major injury, thank God. My right foot was the only thing close. In a basketball game four years ago, I was running down court, and, as I was running, my right toe was pointed to the ground and my heel pointed up. At that moment, a teammate tripped and fell directly on the heel of my foot, and sprained the middle of my foot. Only time I ever left a game for an injury. It was in the first quarter, and I spent the whole second quarter trying to walk it off, to no avail. I spent the next few days heavily limping, and working it out in my pool by sitting on the edge and just moving it around. It still swells up when I run in games early in the season, and progressively gets better as the season goes on.

I had a very serious head/neck/back injury that took months to recover from physically. I am now fine, sometimes my back gets tense but a heating pad does it. The worst was the PTSD which I really shook the next fall while I was abroad and then this fall I talked to someone about it a little. But once in a while it pops up, some idiot mentions the incident at school or soemthign happens that I overreact to. PTSD FTL.

phillyfan26 said:
I haven't really had anything to cry over since then. I'm not an outwardly emotional person, for the most part.

I'm surprisingly sensitive to certain things. Odd moments during songs or films, or even things I observe move me and I'll well up. We're not talking major flow of tears here, but, I definitely am more prone to it than one would think. :shrug:

I'll also fight someone, so, there's that. :)

Varitek said:

I had a very serious head/neck/back injury that took months to recover from physically. I am now fine, sometimes my back gets tense but a heating pad does it. The worst was the PTSD which I really shook the next fall while I was abroad and then this fall I talked to someone about it a little. But once in a while it pops up, some idiot mentions the incident at school or soemthign happens that I overreact to. PTSD FTL.

Major injuries suck. What happened exactly, if you don't mind me asking of course? :hug:

Varitek said:

That's a shame.

I remember when someone made a "your mom" joke to the kid who's mother died of cancer.

Varitek said:
:hug: i hear you. that kind of stuff can take forever to recover from, especially mentally. i'm glad to hear you're doing better though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom