Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
Oh, and for the record, I do cry while listening to music sometimes. :( Quite a bit, actually. It's more conducive to triggering emotions in me for whatever reason. Not so much books or fine art. Sometimes movies, but rarely.

If I cry during a song, it's usually more from joy than sadness....though, that "Cat's in the Cradle" song seems to make me cry a little from sadness, even though my Dad and I get along well. I think it's because his Dad died when I was 18.

Oh, Dalton read this:

Field of Dreams fucks me up more than it really should because my Dad and his Father, who as I just said died when my Dad was 18, were both baseball freaks and that was their one bond, their one connection. My Dad would do anything to have a catch with his Father again....seeing that scene for the first time, I totally lost it because all I was thinking about was my Dad and my Grandpa.

No spoken words said:

Field of Dreams fucks me up more than it really should because my Dad and his Father, who as I just said died when my Dad was 18, were both baseball freaks and that was their one bond, their one connection. My Dad would do anything to have a catch with his Father again....seeing that scene for the first time, I totally lost it because all I was thinking about was my Dad and my Grandpa.

Please don't tell me this story if they were both Yankee fans. I HATE it when I like yankee fans.

Dalton said:

Please don't tell me this story if they were both Yankee fans. I HATE it when I like yankee fans.

Well, yeah, both of them. My Grandpa played minor league ball, and my Dad was playing college ball when his Dad passed away. My Dad dropped out and took a fulltime job to support my Grandma, and his sister, my Aunt. He played semi-pro baseball a few years later, right up until I was about 6 or 7, making him about 32 at the time.

The Sad Punk said:
I'm outta here, but to whichever soul passes by this thread next, I demand that they carry on the message that we next travel to Bumberry, a humble town in NSW close to the hearts of nobody.

No spoken words said:

Well, yeah, both of them. My Grandpa played minor league ball, and my Dad was playing college ball when his Dad passed away. My Dad dropped out and took a fulltime job to support my Grandma, and his sister, my Aunt. He played semi-pro baseball a few years later, right up until I was about 6 or 7, making him about 32 at the time.

You are SOOOO-OOOO loving The Brothers K aren't you?

phillyfan26 said:

When I say I'm not a reader ... I'm not a novel person. I read biographies more than I read novels. I read the paper daily, etc. I don't read novels, I read shorter things.

My songwriting doesn't involve too much imagery, don't worry.

What he said.

Actually, I would prefer not to listen to music influenced by authors who often use flowery imagery and the like. Led Zeppelin get away with it, but that's only because they fit in well in their particular time period. :wink:

Dalton said:

You are SOOOO-OOOO loving The Brothers K aren't you?

I'd like it even if I knew nothing of baseball, but, toss in my love of the sport and my familial history with the game, and, yeah, I'm loving it big-time.

Bono and Springsteen are my favorite lyricists because, you guessed it, they sing about people and their thoughts, actions, emotions. That's how i write.

Dalton said:

Chad Kruegger is my favorite lyricist cause he writes about the existential crisis of suburban kids.

I had to look that up (I'd be scared if I didn't have to), but:

FUCK NICKELBACK

No spoken words said:

If I cry during a song, it's usually more from joy than sadness....though, that "Cat's in the Cradle" song seems to make me cry a little from sadness, even though my Dad and I get along well. I think it's because his Dad died when I was 18.

That's definitely a tearjerker. Do You Realize by the Flaming Lips is mine. I can never make it through that song without tearing up. It's like a mental block or something.

LemonMelon said:

That's definitely a tearjerker. Do You Realize by the Flaming Lips is mine. I can never make it through that song without tearing up. It's like a mental block or something.

That's a good one. Know this, though:

That song also makes Uberbeaver get emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom