Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalton said:

No kidding? How were you warned?

an email to college ITS. got one freshman year too that made me stop downloading movies, from paramount. i still dl other tv shows, just not hbo. both times i wasn't running peer guardian but the 3rd time you get your network access cut off so I think I'll take the cautious route.

Varitek said:
an email to college ITS. got one freshman year too that made me stop downloading movies, from paramount. i still dl other tv shows, just not hbo. both times i wasn't running peer guardian but the 3rd time you get your network access cut off so I think I'll take the cautious route.
:tells:

I haven't read enough good books to cry for one of them. They give us shit for school all the time, don't have much free time reading stuff.

Dalton said:
Field of Dreams make me cry every time too. I actually feel bad when i cry at that movie. I sit there the whole time knowing that I am being manipulated and yet, "Hey dad, wanna have a catch." tears.

every.time.

Dude. That film has gotten so bad for me from a crying perspective......I now cry as soon as Moonlight Graham runs over to help the choking kid....I'm not even waiting for him to find out that he cannot go back, I'm all fucked up as he trots on over.

Dalton said:
Field of Dreams make me cry every time too. I actually feel bad when i cry at that movie. I sit there the whole time knowing that I am being manipulated and yet, "Hey dad, wanna have a catch." tears.

every.time.

About half of America cries for that.

Screwtape2 said:
On the topic of emotions, I rarely show emotions other than love and compassion. I rarely let on sadness. My main interest in life is to make sure the people I care about are happy. You can't do that when you yourself are sad or mad or whatever. I accepted long ago that I have to be there for others when others won't be there for me. Crying or welling up is something I just can't do for the sake of others.

You sound too perfect. :wink:

I am generally a very upbeat, jovial human being, but I'm certainly not opposed to showing sadness. It's part of being alive. The same goes for telling someone off if they really hurt you. It takes a whole lot to get me to that stage of anger, but I always allow it to be an option. :shrug:

phillyfan26 said:
I haven't read enough good books to cry for one of them. They give us shit for school all the time, don't have much free time reading stuff.

You can make time if you want to. I always read during HS, and this was with me having a job, playing sports, etc....I just had no internet addiction, so there was time.....this is not a judgement, just an observation: We make time for the things we really want to do. If you wanted to do more reading, you would.

No spoken words said:

Dude. That film has gotten so bad for me from a crying perspective......I now cry as soon as Moonlight Graham runs over to help the choking kid....I'm not even waiting for him to find out that he cannot go back, I'm all fucked up as he trots on over.

I think I've posted this before, but Moonlight Graham is one of my heroes. My wife teases me all the time by telling people that I want to be just like him. I can't argue though, she's right.

Dalton said:

I think I've posted this before, but Moonlight Graham is one of my heroes. My wife teases me all the time by telling people that I want to be just like him. I can't argue though, she's right.

Guy pursues his baseball dreams, then becomes a beloved small town doctor, making house calls, staying loyal to his wife? Good man.

No spoken words said:

You can make time if you want to. I always read during HS, and this was with me having a job, playing sports, etc....I just had no internet addiction, so there was time.....this is not a judgement, just an observation: We make time for the things we really want to do. If you wanted to do more reading, you would.

i had an internet addiction AND I read. not as bad as it is today, and as it got worse (long distance sorta-relationship ftl) i read less and slept less...ugh the internet has ruined my life.

No spoken words said:

This is true. I really don't have a desire to read much at this point.

Reading's a bit too reclusive for me. I am obsessed with interaction. Really the only personal thing I do is write songs. That's it.

I think down the road reading will appeal to me more than it does now.

phillyfan26 said:

Reading's a bit too reclusive for me. I am obsessed with interaction. Really the only personal thing I do is write songs. That's it.

reading can be social fi you talk about the books. my parents read the same books all the time, and buy each other books for holidays/birthdays that they want to read themselves. i want that some day.

phillyfan26 said:

Please don't write songs if you're not a reader. There are only so many times I can stand to hear phrases like "The soft petals of night..."

Oh, and for the record, I do cry while listening to music sometimes. :( Quite a bit, actually. It's more conducive to triggering emotions in me for whatever reason. Not so much books or fine art. Sometimes movies, but rarely.

Varitek said:
reading can be social fi you talk about the books. my parents read the same books all the time, and buy each other books for holidays/birthdays that they want to read themselves. i want that some day.
that does sound pretty neat.

Dalton said:

Please don't write songs if you're not a reader. There are only so many times I can stand to hear phrases like "The soft petals of night..."

When I say I'm not a reader ... I'm not a novel person. I read biographies more than I read novels. I read the paper daily, etc. I don't read novels, I read shorter things.

My songwriting doesn't involve too much imagery, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom