Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
So far, we've visited:

- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urewera National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Ouagadougou
- Dominican Republic
- Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
- Fernando de Noronha
- Kyzyl, aka Fuck Vowels
- Torquay, aka Fawlty Towers
- Bill, Wyoming
- Fenway Park

Now we're in Transnistria, also known as Transdniestria or Trans-Dniester or Pridnestrovie; its full name is the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic. It is a breakaway republic that is de facto independent but de jure part of the former Soviet state of Moldova in Eastern Europe. i.e. it functions as an independent country but is not acknowledged as one by other countries.

Should I post my alternate Pop on EYKIW, or will that cause Zoots to explode?

phillyfan26 said:

Hence why I can never get any downloads. :wink:

Not sure, I haven't tried it. I hope so. E-mail me one track and I'll see if it works. :up:

Alright, I'll give it a shot. And get Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come to Ian in the process too.

Also, while we're talking about alternate albums, here's the version of UF from my revisionist history. Not as good as the one I posted on the last thread, but it conforms to album standards a bit better.

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE ALBUM
[October 1984]

1. The Three Sunrises
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. Pride
4. Indian Summer Sky
5. Wire
6. The Unforgettable Fire
7. Promenade
8. 4th Of July
9. Bad
10. MLK

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE SINGLES

1. Pride/Love Comes Tumbling [August 1984]
2. The Three Sunrises/Boomerang I/Boomerang II [December 1984]
3. Wire/Wire (Dub Mix)/4th Of July (extended)/Southern Man (live) [March 1985]
4. A Sort Of Homecoming (live)/A Sort Of Homecoming (radio edit)/A Sort Of Homecoming/Elvis Presley And America [June 1985]

mysterious_jen said:
i like it better than fenway park :up:

Hey Jen! :wave:

Maybe we should show the Yanks by doing an MCG thread at some point. Now there's a stadium for you.

phillyfan26 said:

It has a sticker on it that says:

"Designed for Windows 98 and ALL NEW WINDOWS 2000! (Professional Edition Only)"

Shit, so your computer dates all the way from 2098 BC? :ohmy:

phillyfan26 said:
Cheesesteaks >>>>>> Hot Dogs

While I'm actually somewhat inclined to agree, those cheesesteak things were fucking weird.

coolian2 said:

I like my cricket grounds to feel like cricket grounds, not football stadiums...

Touche. But the main problem with the SCG is that, well, it's in Sydney.

I suppose you could just go with the Basin.

Axver said:

Touche. But the main problem with the SCG is that, well, it's in Sydney.

I suppose you could just go with the Basin.

Seddon Park in Hamilton looks alright too.

I think i've said before, my favourite cricket ground in the country is the Village Green at QEII Park in Christchurch.

phillyfan26 said:

Where did you eat them?

I had a couple in Boston. I mean that the concept is fucking strange. Never encountered anything like that here.

Also, you and Ian need to check your e-mails.

Axver said:

I had a couple in Boston. I mean that the concept is fucking strange. Never encountered anything like that here.

Also, you and Ian need to check your e-mails.

The far and away best cheesesteaks are made in Philly. Even NSW, who is fucking sick of me talking about Philly, will admit that.

coolian2 said:

Seddon Park in Hamilton looks alright too.

I think i've said before, my favourite cricket ground in the country is the Village Green at QEII Park in Christchurch.

But it's in Hamilton, which is made of fail, and named after King Dick, which is made of meh.

I haven't been there. In fact, the only two stadiums I've been to in New Zealand are the Basin and Mt Smart Stadium, and the latter was for U2. I've walked up to the Cake Tin when at Wellington Railway Station once, but never been in. Oh, and I had a bit of a run on Athletic Park after they tore down the stands but before the field was touched.

phillyfan26 said:

The far and away best cheesesteaks are made in Philly. Even NSW, who is fucking sick of me talking about Philly, will admit that.

Considering I was told their proper name is "Philly cheesesteaks", I can't say I'm surprised by that. It's like how I expect the best Turkish Delight to come from Turkey.

coolian2 said:

Thanks, got it.

Are the Boomerangs swinging this way too?

Just waiting for Pee Fan to let me know if it worked for him. If so, I'll send them to both of you at once.

Axver said:

But it's in Hamilton, which is made of fail, and named after King Dick, which is made of meh.

I haven't been there. In fact, the only two stadiums I've been to in New Zealand are the Basin and Mt Smart Stadium, and the latter was for U2. I've walked up to the Cake Tin when at Wellington Railway Station once, but never been in. Oh, and I had a bit of a run on Athletic Park after they tore down the stands but before the field was touched.

Mt Smart is :drool: for football codes.

But yeah, QEII is small, surrounded by only hill, has no public address system and no perimeter fence nor gates.

And a small set of shops about a five minute walk away, which do a great fish and chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom