Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
Maybe we're unlucky. Maybe my dreams are fucked up and I'd just as soon forget them. So, yeah.
i know what you mean. the recurring dream i've had since i was a little kid i hate. like, seriously hate. i wake up in near tears whenever i have it, and there's nothing to stop me from having it. :sigh:

phillyfan26 said:
I actually was remembering more dreams over the winter, but am back to normal now.

Sometimes I remember parts of my dreams but struggle to remember the important parts. That's kind of frustrating.

yeah i hate it when you have the feeling something was interesting or important and you can only remember a shadow or whisp of the dream....that is so annoying.

My dreams are sometimes a little too real, in that I sometimes am unsure if I dreamed it, or it happened, and I get a lot of Deja Vu because of that.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i know what you mean. the recurring dream i've had since i was a little kid i hate. like, seriously hate. i wake up in near tears whenever i have it, and there's nothing to stop me from having it. :sigh:

:hug: that sucks!

i still remember this one nightmare i had as a little little kid that involved a villain made of cobblestones, hiding in a cave full of ballerinas (the cave was on a street near where my daycare used to take us) and my mom coming intot he cave at the end to rescue me.

i used to have recurring dreams about my house burning down, well it wouldn't be my real house but in the drream the house burning was mine. i actually did have a prolonged secret fear of that happening, not sure whether it came after the dreams, and to this day i still kinda think "what would i grab" maybe a little more frequently than most people. then, i do live on a college campus so we get a few fire alarms going off....

you know what's weird? when you wake up with your heart racing and don't know why, or when you take a step in your dream and actually take a step and wake yourself up.

Varitek said:
you know what's weird? when you wake up with your heart racing and don't know why, or when you take a step in your dream and actually take a step and wake yourself up.

I have a lot of dreams that are sports oriented, and end up waking up after I've taken a swing or thrown a pitch or tried to tackle someone.

Varitek said:
i still remember this one nightmare i had as a little little kid that involved a villain made of cobblestones, hiding in a cave full of ballerinas (the cave was on a street near where my daycare used to take us) and my mom coming intot he cave at the end to rescue me.

i used to have recurring dreams about my house burning down, well it wouldn't be my real house but in the drream the house burning was mine. i actually did have a prolonged secret fear of that happening, not sure whether it came after the dreams, and to this day i still kinda think "what would i grab" maybe a little more frequently than most people. then, i do live on a college campus so we get a few fire alarms going off....
:hmm: a villain made of cobblestones, that sounds pretty interesting. never mind the cave full of ballerinas...

ugh, that must've sucked to have had dreams about that. i'd always give what i'd grab a lot of thought, but luckily i never had any recurring dreams about it.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: no, surprisingly, this is worse. for me, at least.

what is it, if i can ask?

i remember 2 more dreams i've had vividly.

one i was on an overnight bus from bosnia to croatia and really nervous about my stuff, etc. i had 2 seats to myself and fell asleep. then i dreamed that this old lady was telling me it was time to get off, time to get off, but she was crushing me and i couldn't move, literally. it's called night frights or something, where you get paralyzed. then i woke up and the bus was at the station and everyone was off and i had to struggle to get my shoes on and grab my stuff and get off the bus in a hurry.

and i don't remember the content really but when i was 10 and on vacation in florida i remember i was having this amazing dream, i think it involved a fairy-tale like happiness with a guy, and i woke up and had to pee and i was sad and wanted to go back to the dream. so i did, i remember that, but not what it was about.

No spoken words said:

I have a lot of dreams that are sports oriented, and end up waking up after I've taken a swing or thrown a pitch or tried to tackle someone.

:laugh: i've never done more than taken a step.

No spoken words said:
My dreams are sometimes a little too real, in that I sometimes am unsure if I dreamed it, or it happened, and I get a lot of Deja Vu because of that.

i get really, really intense deja vu every once in a while. what a weird feeling.

Screwtape2 said:
Have you guys ever had dreams where you knew it was a dream and said this isn't real then woke up?

Yes. And once in a blue moon I'll have a lucid dream, where I know it's a dream but I stay.

Oh, and, hey kids, I've dreamed my own death three times. They say you cannot dream your own death, but, apparently you can. Three times, three very different deaths for me.

I hate when, in a dream, something gets thrown at me or I fall, and my whole body flinches and jumps on the bed, waking me up.

Also, my one foot gets razor sharp pains every once in a while that wake me up, and I can't get them away without kicking them away violently.

No spoken words said:

Yup. I love and hate it when it happens. Then I wrack my brain and wonder if I dreamed it or not.

i know i haven't dreamed them. its always really really weird. i hate it not knowing why i feel that way, but i don't necessarily hate it. that makes no sense.... :shrug:

There's a girl in my lunch who claims all of her dreams end up being real, and named a bunch of examples.

The next day, literally, she comes in and says, "Oh my God, I dreamt that you died in a car accident last night."

I kid you not.

(This happened after my first car accident, so, that wasn't the fulfillment of the dream.)

No spoken words said:

Yes. And once in a blue moon I'll have a lucid dream, where I know it's a dream but I stay.

Oh, and, hey kids, I've dreamed my own death three times. They say you cannot dream your own death, but, apparently you can. Three times, three very different deaths for me.

damn i have always wanted to have a lucid dream! i suppose that time when i was 10 and willed myself back into a dream was pretty cool, but i was 10 and didnt know about lucid dreams.

what were yoru deaths? what happened in the dream after you died?

Varitek said:

i know i haven't dreamed them. its always really really weird. i hate it not knowing why i feel that way, but i don't necessarily hate it. that makes no sense.... :shrug:

No, I understand perfectly. Most of the time, I have not dreamed it. My brain basically stops in its tracks and fairly shouts "This has happened before!!!". Fucking odd.

Varitek said:
what is it, if i can ask?
yeah, that's fine. like i said, i've had it ever since i was a little kid, so in the dream i'm a baby in my crib. (i've never aged in the dream for some reason) and i should also point out i'm reeeeally scared of spiders. so like i'm laying in my crib, and i see a spider on the ceiling. all of a sudden i see a couple more, then a couple more, and then they start falling on the floor, in my crib, and more start appearing on the ceiling and falling, etc. i start crying and my mom comes in to see wtf, and she sees all these fucking spiders falling from the ceiling, screams, and runs out and shuts the door, leaving me in there. then at that point i always wake up, so i don't know what happens after that.

i remember 2 more dreams i've had vividly.

one i was on an overnight bus from bosnia to croatia and really nervous about my stuff, etc. i had 2 seats to myself and fell asleep. then i dreamed that this old lady was telling me it was time to get off, time to get off, but she was crushing me and i couldn't move, literally. it's called night frights or something, where you get paralyzed. then i woke up and the bus was at the station and everyone was off and i had to struggle to get my shoes on and grab my stuff and get off the bus in a hurry.

and i don't remember the content really but when i was 10 and on vacation in florida i remember i was having this amazing dream, i think it involved a fairy-tale like happiness with a guy, and i woke up and had to pee and i was sad and wanted to go back to the dream. so i did, i remember that, but not what it was about.
ha, that first one is kind of weird. i've read where people can interpret dreams, like if this happens in a dream, then it means this. and i've definitely had dreams like the second one where i wish i could go back to it!

phillyfan26 said:
I hate when, in a dream, something gets thrown at me or I fall, and my whole body flinches and jumps on the bed, waking me up.

Also, my one foot gets razor sharp pains every once in a while that wake me up, and I can't get them away without kicking them away violently.

i once in a while get a really, really, really awful charlie horse in my left calve. it's happened maybe 4 times over 6 or 7 years, maybe even 8 years, i think it might have been even when i still had those bunk beds that it first happened. 2-3 of the 4 times have been while i was dead asleep, and its always while i'm in bed. i'll sit bold upright in pain and then it only goes away if i massage it really forcefully.

weird shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom