Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info

Other than a standing ticket (any idea how long before I should be queuing if i want to get close to the stage?)I want a seat closest to the stage - not in the nosebleeds. So maybe the higher $40 tickets are a good bet, are there any pics of what the view is like from similar seats in past shows?

Here's a SPECTACULAR VIEW from rear seats at Cardiff (thanks to thelaj at http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f304/reserved-seats-behind-the-stage-200795.html#post6354622). Read the thread, a bit of info there.

dscf3687.jpg

This appears to be from the 3rd tier though, so much higher. ANZ's rear seating will be much lower, so may be plagued by restricted views. So if you do decide to get $40 behind the stage, I'd try to get higher numbered rows, close to row 31 (the back row at this price). Have a look at the interactive map for these rear sections. Compare the height of the crossbar with the back-of-stage ramps. I think the back of the $40 sections will be fine (they certainly look ok when you look from the opposite end of the field, section 119. They look quite a bit higher than the crossbar). If you don't want to risk it you could try the higher rear section at $110, not so cheap for being behind the stage though.

Some love rear seats, some don't. If you crave interaction you'll not like it, as the band's facing away from you 95% of the time. But if you want good views, nice & close, at a great price, they can't be beaten.

As for queuing for GA's, lots of threads about that. Here's a total guess. From 6AM for front rail in the inner circle, 9-10AM rail of the outer circle, 11AM-12PM for back rail of the inner circle, 2PM for a good spot anywhere, 3-5PM for access to the pit. 9PM for the soundboard :wink:

Some love rear seats, some don't. If you crave interaction you'll not like it, as the band's facing away from you 95% of the time. But if you want good views, nice & close, at a great price, they can't be beaten.

We generally choose GA but have deliberately gone for rear seats at times and consider them to be an absolute bargain/best kept secret when they are the cheap seats. For one thing you are often closer than the most expensive seats, you get to enjoy the light and video show and often good sound, plus you sort of feel a bit behind the scenes as you can watch the band walk on and off stage and get a band's eye view of the audience stretching out across the field.

We generally choose GA but have deliberately gone for rear seats at times and consider them to be an absolute bargain/best kept secret when they are the cheap seats. For one thing you are often closer than the most expensive seats, you get to enjoy the light and video show and often good sound, plus you sort of feel a bit behind the scenes as you can watch the band walk on and off stage and get a band's eye view of the audience stretching out across the field.

you're not the only one who feels this way. the only reason i'm not doing this in auckland is because i don't feel overly comfortable with the temporary stand being built behind the stage.

Good luck to everyone buying tickets tomorrow. I only need a GA for Brisbane so that should be easy online. I already have what I need for Sydney and Melbourne though the pre-sale.

Hope that 2nd shows for Sydney and Melbourne go on sale separately. Not fair otherwise.

Wow, looks like the Auckland sale went well.

Pl1 - Seated Single seats only
Pl2 - Seated Available
Pl3 - Seated Single seats only
Pl4 - Seated Single seats only
Pl5 - Standing Alloc. Exhausted
Pl6 - Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted
Pl7 - Seated Alloc. Exhausted

Looks like only P2 has multiple seats left.

you're not the only one who feels this way. the only reason i'm not doing this in auckland is because i don't feel overly comfortable with the temporary stand being built behind the stage.

I hear ya. Here's the temporary stand at Vegas (taken from Outer circle Adam's side).

RearviewVegas3.jpg

If you look under the bridge you can see they've sold seats all the way down to the front row. Ok, this is before Black Eyed Peas went on, & they've got a lot more crap on stage. Still, these were $95 seats, & have horrible views. I watched the 2nd half of the show from a $30 seat in the very back row (Adam's side), & it was 1,000 times better.

Went passed a Ticketek lineup in north Brisbane. Only about 10 people in line! There was close to 100 last time... :huh:

I believe 95% of tickets are sold online now and about 80% back in 2005-2006, not for sure exactly, but more people probably resort to the internet to get tickets nowadays.

Yeah I don't think it means they're gonna be playing to half empty venues because only 10 people lined up. Its a work day as well...so people with desk jobs will probably just get 'em at work, and others get kids/family/friends to just jump online and get tickets.

I hear ya. Here's the temporary stand at Vegas (taken from Outer circle Adam's side).

RearviewVegas3.jpg

If you look under the bridge you can see they've sold seats all the way down to the front row. Ok, this is before Black Eyed Peas went on, & they've got a lot more crap on stage. Still, these were $95 seats, & have horrible views. I watched the 2nd half of the show from a $30 seat in the very back row (Adam's side), & it was 1,000 times better.

45559_10150255655915711_728680710_14415181_4664670_n.jpg

views will be great, but i don't even want to stand under it, much less sit on it!

ok, 25 minutes Aussie EC fans...

hoping for 5 P1's, but settle for P2/3's

Any last minute tricks we should all know about to ensure getting online?

Sheesh. I wonder how bad access to that stand will be? Looks like if its a blowing a Gail, the U2 stage won't the only thing rotating on the night.

ok, 25 minutes Aussie EC fans...

hoping for 5 P1's, but settle for P2/3's

Any last minute tricks we should all know about to ensure getting online?

Yeah, If the ticket site hasn't crashed, ticketek has the awesome feature of letting you select more tickets. So as long as you stay under the 8? ticket transaction, you can always see if you can pick up some better seats. Might be a bit risky for a big stadium show. but its worked for me at a few other things.

Went passed a Ticketek lineup in north Brisbane. Only about 10 people in line! There was close to 100 last time... :huh:

uhoh!

I'm really nervous! Just need 3 Brisbane GA and then I'm sorted (Will have 3 Bris GA, 3 Melb GA, 2 Auck GA, 2 syd GA (1 spare!!!), 1 Perth GA)

The ticket companies must have upgraded their systems or something, cause otherwise everyone going onto ticketek/bastard at the same time is going to KILL THE INTERWEBZ!!! :S

I feel like I missing out cause all my tickets (well obviously for the first shows) are all sorted. Nothing like the thrill of getting tix at the general sale though.

Wow, looks like the Auckland sale went well.

Pl1 - Seated Single seats only
Pl2 - Seated Available
Pl3 - Seated Single seats only
Pl4 - Seated Single seats only
Pl5 - Standing Alloc. Exhausted
Pl6 - Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted
Pl7 - Seated Alloc. Exhausted

Looks like only P2 has multiple seats left.

Wow, that's great. Bring on Auckland 2!

Looks like they will be getting a 2nd show in NZ.

gulp!

Ok just got call from Melbourne hardcore U2 fan with all his tickets sorted. Has arrived outside Ticketek office and there is nobody there! Woohoo!

Even though I have my presale tickets for the first Melbourne and Sydney shows...ticketmaster seems to be much better than ticketek. I could have easily bought one right now :huh:

I got 1 Sydney GA, but that was the maximum number I could take.
Ah, the joys of general ticket sales! :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom