Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to feel sorry for all of those u2.com people. I'm surprised how many have had problems. I tend to think there are a lot of inexperienced concert ticket buyers over there.

can you bullet point the problem?

you mentioned it the other day here, but i don't read those forums.

what the heck happened this time?

I'm starting to feel sorry for all of those u2.com people. I'm surprised how many have had problems. I tend to think there are a lot of inexperienced concert ticket buyers over there.

I'm thinking the same

the only problem I had was actually entering the site the correct way so the presales would show up . . . but that was my error 110% because I panicked . . . :reject: . . . thank god some lovelies here showed me the error of my ways just in the knick of time :loveshower: . . . once I logged on though I got my 4 GA's in a matter of minutes, easy peasy, and wandered around the house scratching my head, thinking what was I worried about :giggle: . . . *ticket.buying.spaz* :D

best of luck to everyone who is trying their luck on Friday :hug:

Live Nation presale

For those of you hanging out for the LN presale, I found this on their Facebook page.

Live Nation Australia & New Zealand "Yes! There will be a limited My LiveNation presale our members/subscribers. There will not be a My Ticketek or My Ticketmaster presale. My LiveNation members will receive an email with details in the coming days." :applaud:

In the comments section to this post LN says " We'll have a limited number of tickets at all price levels available". I'm still assuming GA's won't be available, but with that wording I could be proven wrong.

even i had problems! my code worked at first but then stopped working. thankfully ln was quick to give me a new code, but yeah. i wasn't sure if there were really that many people having problems this time or if i only just noticed now because this is actually my first u2.com presale! :reject:

This has probably already been covered and I apologise in advance for that, but if you use your pre-sale code to buy 2 tix to Brisbane, are you then able to purchase 2 tix to Melbourne with the same code?
I wouldn't have thought so but a friend of mine was able to log in for Melbourne after already buying Brisbane tix.

This has probably already been covered and I apologise in advance for that, but if you use your pre-sale code to buy 2 tix to Brisbane, are you then able to purchase 2 tix to Melbourne with the same code?
I wouldn't have thought so but a friend of mine was able to log in for Melbourne after already buying Brisbane tix.

One code = max 4 tickets to the same show.
(Jury's out on whether it should all be in the same transaction or not.)

It seems to be possible to use the same code twice within a short time, but the second lot of tickets may well end up being cancelled. I wouldn't risk it.

Ok so I just got an email from u2.com clarifying the pre-sale rules -

"A quick reminder that your code if for ONE transaction for ONE show, for ONE location, on ONE date, for up to 4 (FOUR) tickets of the SAME TYPE. You cannot mix types of tickets. once you purchase a type of tickeet, your code is considered used, even if you only purchased one ticket."

I used a pre-sale code for Sydney to buy 2x GA's and 2x P1's. I assume one lot of those is now going to be cancelled. I am upset.

STUPID USELESS FOOLS

1. Why didn't the original FAQ make this clear? The half brained illiterate idiot who wrote that FAQ should be shot.

2. Why didn't the ticketing web sites enfore the rules?

"A quick reminder that your code if for ONE transaction for ONE show, for ONE location, on ONE date, for up to 4 (FOUR) tickets of the SAME TYPE. You cannot mix types of tickets. once you purchase a type of tickeet, your code is considered used, even if you only purchased one ticket."

I used a pre-sale code for Sydney to buy 2x GA's and 2x P1's. I assume one lot of those is now going to be cancelled. I am upset.

STUPID USELESS FOOLS

1. Why didn't the original FAQ make this clear? The half brained illiterate idiot who wrote that FAQ should be shot.

too late, sod them.

STUPID USELESS FOOLS

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. I will be very surprised if you get anything canceled. I'd let it go. The only thing that can hurt you at this point is bringing anymore attention to yourself.

STUPID USELESS FOOLS

As far as I know, this was always in the FAQ. I read it before that your presale code was only valid for one transaction for one show (and up to 4 tickets). So instead of shooting the person who wrote the FAQ, you can better shoot the half-brained illiterate idiot who didn't read the FAQ correctly.
:shrug:

FAQs led me to believe I could only get 2 tickets on a code. I missed the fucking presale because I wanted 6 seats together.

Now I am taking pot-luck in the general release for 6 P1s together. If I can't, I'll work my way down the P's.

Is there a map of ANZ stadium showing exactly which P value is seated where? The only map I could find had the areas blocked out, but no indication of where each P value was sitting.

As far as I know, this was always in the FAQ. I read it before that your presale code was only valid for one transaction for one show (and up to 4 tickets). So instead of shooting the person who wrote the FAQ, you can better shoot the half-brained illiterate idiot who didn't read the FAQ correctly.
:shrug:

It has always been in the Euro faq as well and people still claimed it wasn't in there. I guess common sense also adds to this. Though it's strange they haven't found a way to limit the codes to just refuse the next transaction. Like how last year they accidentally gave people new presale codes though theirs had been used. It's a bit messy.

When will the extra dates be announced? Sept 3? Or maybe the day after the general sale?

^ fingers crossed after the first round of shows have sold out . . . my nightmare is that they will immediately start selling show 2 as soon as show 1 is sold out . . . I can't access ticket sites at work and will have wasted a pre-sale code . . . :reject: . . . really really want red zone seats to show number 2 :)

We have to keep our fingers crossed that they offer a presale for the second shows.

Purple good luck with your red zone tickets. I did consider them but they cost so much and you still have to get there early to get the rail and to get to the end closer to the front. GA it is for me but then the Mt Smart GA capacity is alot smaller than the Oz concerts so I will have more chance getting the position I want.

^ fingers crossed after the first round of shows have sold out . . . my nightmare is that they will immediately start selling show 2 as soon as show 1 is sold out . . . I can't access ticket sites at work and will have wasted a pre-sale code . . . :reject: . . . really really want red zone seats to show number 2 :)

For the NA shows, they announced the 2nd show the same day as the 1st sold out, but the on sale date was a week later. And there was definitely a presale for the 2nd shows. I got my GA's for Anaheim 1 and 2 via the presales.

With all of the problems Ticketec had during this presale trying to comply with u2.com's rules, I bet they're lobbying Live Nation to just skip the a 2nd show presale all together. :lol:

5149.gif

can i buy tickets for Brisbane from a ticketmaster outlet in Victoria? or does my cousin in Brisbane have to buy one for me?

5149.gif

can i buy tickets for Brisbane from a ticketmaster outlet in Victoria? or does my cousin in Brisbane have to buy one for me?

Brissy is Ticketek Mate. But you sure will be able to. Even though online will be so much easier ;)

Actually, I'm really hoping tickets for the second shows don't go on sale till the Following Friday. Because I probably won't be able to grab them myself this week.

Brissy is Ticketek Mate. But you sure will be able to. Even though online will be so much easier ;)

Actually, I'm really hoping tickets for the second shows don't go on sale till the Following Friday. Because I probably won't be able to grab them myself this week.

WOAH WOAH WOAH it is too...

so this means...

that i can walk into Ticketek on Friday morning to buy U2 tickets for the Brisbane show AAAAAND i won't have to worry about a line because the Melbourne tickets are through Ticketmaster! or i could go online without fear of a crash!

this is terrific.

Dude, why are you worrying about Melbourne? I have your ticket already! I think its a very slim chance of the second show going on sale this friday as well.

With all of the problems Ticketec had during this presale trying to comply with u2.com's rules, I bet they're lobbying Live Nation to just skip the a 2nd show presale all together. :lol:

Did you end up deciding to come down for a visit this november/december, my vertigo friend? :D :D :D

Dude, why are you worrying about Melbourne? I have your ticket already! I think its a very slim chance of the second show going on sale this friday as well.

i'm not worried about Melbourne at all, i'm just saying it looks like it'll be easy to get Brisbane tickets as i won't have to deal with lines for people getting Melbourne tickets.

if there's a next set of shows they won't go on sale until these ones are mostly sold out, surely.

Did you end up deciding to come down for a visit this november/december, my vertigo friend? :D :D :D

I will be going to Auckland (hopefully) I read you're going there too right? Hope to see you there!!!

ETA: The Live Nation presale has started for Auckland and they have GA's available (not sure about the rest of the cities).

Last edited:
U2 Melbourne

I anyone out there has a code I can use to purchase tickets in Dec for the Melb concert I'd be greatly appreciative. I missed out last time there were in Melb and would dearly love to see them with my wife!! Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom