PGP:You are the Wind beneath my wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
andberlin said:

... i think i'm starting to make my flatmates nervous with the amounts of random u2 knowledge i'm getting from it :reject:

I'm trying to hide my level of U2 obsession from my housemates for much the same reason... I don't want them to get too nervous! :lol:

(it's fi by the way, or fiona or whatever you feel like calling me!!)

Hi Fiona, I'm Alison :)

Ooh, can I call you Bob? :D

I can't remember how old I was when I saw that Roadrunner cartoon, but I must have been pretty young. It's been a good long while since I watched cartoons on a regular basis, although I watch them randomly when I have control of the TV (which isn't that often...) :wink:

U2isthebest said:

Thanks!! How are you? :hug: What's going on over in Australia? *wishes I was there*:drool:

well it's a bit wet here in sydney at the moment, but i must be one of those weird aussies who detests the heat and prefers overcast days :reject: went bushwalking with my flatmates in (relatively) nearby national park and watched this thunderstorm roll through a massive valley from this lookout...was awesome, even if one of them was afraid she'd get struck by lightning :ohmy:

where are you on this fine day?

Hey Fiona! It's great to meet you! Australia sounds awesome right now! It's freezing here! Weldy, I'm glad you're doing better!, and this weather...awesome, isn't it?:|

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

No....never heard of those shows before :shrug:

They're all well worth a look :)

I was just remembering too, Patrick Stewart was in an old TV movie of Dune, and also I Claudius... back when he had more hair :D
He's had a pretty varied career, I wouldn't be complaining if I was him :wink:

U2isthebest said:

Thanks!! How are you? :hug: What's going on over in Australia? *wishes I was there*:drool:

It's a warm, sunny day here in Melbourne... nice change from the heat and humidity we had all week. :yuck: It gave me new insight into that line about the air being as heavy as a truck, though.

Wait, you'd rather be in Australia than your current location, which is apparently a sheetless bed with Bono? :wink:

Alisaura said:

I'm trying to hide my level of U2 obsession from my housemates for much the same reason... I don't want them to get too nervous! :lol:

Hi Fiona, I'm Alison :)

Ooh, can I call you Bob? :D

I can't remember how old I was when I saw that Roadrunner cartoon, but I must have been pretty young. It's been a good long while since I watched cartoons on a regular basis, although I watch them randomly when I have control of the TV (which isn't that often...) :wink:

haha well luckily at least one of my flatmates is very into them, and we're converting the others fairly successfully (there's 5 of us all up!!) - so i feel kinda safe in my obsession, sort of anyway!!

hi alison :) haha! hey, you have that option, so call me bob at your discretion if you want to :wink:

it's weird, i look at cartoons i used to love and find them almost a bit dated now...i remember my mum banned me & my little bro from watching teenage mutant ninja turtles because we weren't doing any of our homework or chores :ohmy: :p

Alisaura said:

It's a warm, sunny day here in Melbourne... nice change from the heat and humidity we had all week. :yuck: It gave me new insight into that line about the air being as heavy as a truck, though.

Wait, you'd rather be in Australia than your current location, which is apparently a sheetless bed with Bono? :wink:

That sounds amazing:drool:

:shh: I'm bringing Bono with me, silly. :shifty:

U2isthebest said:
Hey Fiona! It's great to meet you! Australia sounds awesome right now! It's freezing here! Weldy, I'm glad you're doing better!, and this weather...awesome, isn't it?:|

even in the rain? oh well, thunderstorms don't count cos they're the coolest thing ever, but there you go!

andberlin said:

well it's a bit wet here in sydney at the moment, but i must be one of those weird aussies who detests the heat and prefers overcast days :reject: went bushwalking with my flatmates in (relatively) nearby national park and watched this thunderstorm roll through a massive valley from this lookout...was awesome, even if one of them was afraid she'd get struck by lightning :ohmy:

That sounds awesome... I love thunderstorms! :heart: I haven't seen nearly enough of them in recent years. I'm sure there used to be more... stupid climate change. :madwife:
I remember my best friend and I walking into town through some truly torrential rain, but it was warm... there were moths trying to hide from the rain by landing under the brims of our hats and stuff... and on the way back, this huge thunder/lightning was going on right over head... we got a bit nervous at that point and ran all the way home... :lol:
</nostalgia>
Sorry :D

Hey Flybabe! :wave:

Thanks for those links, Brittany... I'll have to look at them later though, my housemates are watching something on TV... gawd, I think it's America's Next Top Model...

I want housemates like yours, Fiona! It sounds crowded, but at least you can be unashamedly obsessed with U2 :D My housemates are cool people, but they're not fans and probably have a fairly limited tolerance :wink:

Dancing in the storm and rain after a week of 40-degree heat... :dance: :love:

They say El Nino is officially over... maybe we'll get a storm like that before summer is over! :hyper:

Alisaura said:

That sounds awesome... I love thunderstorms! :heart: I haven't seen nearly enough of them in recent years. I'm sure there used to be more... stupid climate change. :madwife:
I remember my best friend and I walking into town through some truly torrential rain, but it was warm... there were moths trying to hide from the rain by landing under the brims of our hats and stuff... and on the way back, this huge thunder/lightning was going on right over head... we got a bit nervous at that point and ran all the way home... :lol:
</nostalgia>
Sorry :D

grr climate change indeed! where have all the thunderstorms gone? i remember HEAPS as a kid! wow! yr storm experience sounds mad! i dunnow if i'd have appreciated all those moths nesting co close to my head :|

do you know the blue mountains at all, the 3 sisters? it was from that lookout - it's a massive massive valley, and was incredible - we literally watched the edge of the storm make it's way across. i'm sure i'm not describing this very well, but it was like the edge of where it was raining. never seen anything that spectacular...needless to say, we were the only 3 people standing there!

Alisaura said:
Hey Flybabe! :wave:

Thanks for those links, Brittany... I'll have to look at them later though, my housemates are watching something on TV... gawd, I think it's America's Next Top Model...

Dancing in the storm and rain after a week of 40-degree heat... :dance: :love:

Me and my Mom were into America`s Next Top Chef,but never did get to finish it:grumpy:

you have heat:love:
and Rain:bow:

andberlin said:

hi alison :) haha! hey, you have that option, so call me bob at your discretion if you want to :wink:

Do you like Blackadder, by any chance? :D

it's weird, i look at cartoons i used to love and find them almost a bit dated now...i remember my mum banned me & my little bro from watching teenage mutant ninja turtles because we weren't doing any of our homework or chores :ohmy: :p

Ooooh... I have learned that most of those nostalgic cartoons you loved as a child should stay in the past. I made the mistake of watching Voltron again when I was at uni a few years ago... I used LOVE that cartoon when I was 6 or whatever... but I couldn't believe how horrible it was when I saw it again! All those happy memories, shattered... :sad:

Some cartoons age well... Looney Tunes is a classic :D

U2isthebest said:

:shh: I'm bringing Bono with me, silly. :shifty:

*facepalm* Of course... silly me indeed :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom