PGP:You are the Wind beneath my wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Weldy! :hug: How are you?

My poor brother got freaked out by the arm-hand-finger-arm thing even before he got to the whirly 360-degree shiny Bonobutt... :evil:
I still can't figure out how they did that! Who says video effects weren't that good in 1991... :D

Alisaura said:
Hey Weldy! :hug: How are you?

My poor brother got freaked out by the arm-hand-finger-arm thing even before he got to the whirly 360-degree shiny Bonobutt... :evil:
I still can't figure out how they did that! Who says video effects weren't that good in 1991... :D

:lmao:

The camera was on some sort of wheel thing, IIRC - it's either in the booklet that's with the Best of dvd or it's in the director commentary :wink:

Weldy :wave:

I don't have the Best Of DVD... :reject: So many holes in my collection...

Yay, Star Trek! :D It would be awesome to be able to get some of that, I agree... Were they just selling Original series stuff or all sorts?

It was a long day and tomorrow is going to be a full day of family - my sister in laws birthday with all the kids and everyone around - so I'm going to get at much sleep as I can so I can be prepared :crack: :lol:

Talk to you all tomorrow :hug:

Goodnight SG! Have a good day tomorrow :wave:

TNG was my first love too, Weldy, I discovered it late at night when I was 15 or so, in the middle of 6th season. I think the first episode I saw was Chain of Command, that two-parter where Picard gets captured by the Cardassians... needless to say I was instantly hooked! :D
I did get a horrible shock when 7th season ended, then the TV station went immediately back to airing repeats of 1st season with no warning... I was like, "How come everyone's thinner, has more hair and forgot how to act?!" :yikes:

I grew to love DS9 while I was at uni though. :)

Alisaura said:
Goodnight SG! Have a good day tomorrow :wave:

TNG was my first love too, Weldy, I discovered it late at night when I was 15 or so, in the middle of 6th season. I think the first episode I saw was Chain of Command, that two-parter where Picard gets captured by the Cardassians... needless to say I was instantly hooked! :D
I did get a horrible shock when 7th season ended, then the TV station went immediately back to airing repeats of 1st season with no warning... I was like, "How come everyone's thinner, has more hair and forgot how to act?!" :yikes:

I grew to love DS9 while I was at uni though. :)

I think the producers wanted to end each series with 7 seasons until Enterprise got cancelled recently.

I became a fan starting with the first season of TNG....but I don't remember fully cause I was such a little kid. I do like to watch the reruns on G4 and Spike TV (Those are the stations that rerun them here in the United States).

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I think the producers wanted to end each series with 7 seasons until Enterprise got cancelled recently.

I became a fan starting with the first season of TNG....but I don't remember fully cause I was such a little kid. I do like to watch the reruns on G4 and Spike TV (Those are the stations that rerun them here in the United States).

There definitely was a seven-season pattern going on there.
The sci-fi channel just started here in Australia, which is very cool... :D

I got my mother into Star Trek when she wanted to know why I was staying up till midnight to watch it on a school night... :lol: She thinks Picard and Sisko were both sexy... I think she has a point :wink: Those voices...

Alisaura said:

There definitely was a seven-season pattern going on there.
The sci-fi channel just started here in Australia, which is very cool... :D

I got my mother into Star Trek when she wanted to know why I was staying up till midnight to watch it on a school night... :lol: She thinks Picard and Sisko were both sexy... I think she has a point :wink: Those voices...

The sci-fi channel has been popular here in the United States for years!

:giggle: about your Mom. I'm glad that Stewart got out of being typecasted as Picard.....but at a price though. I guess you have trade one typecasting for another sometimes :sigh:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

:giggle: about your Mom. I'm glad that Stewart got out of being typecasted as Picard.....but at a price though. I guess you have trade one typecasting for another sometimes :sigh:

Well, he was typecast as a Shakespearian stage actor before he started in TNG I guess... and taking roles like Professor X probably didn't help him shake off the whole sci-fi thing. :shrug:
Have you seen the Canterville Ghost TV movie that he was in? That was cool...
I'm trying to remember the name of a British show, I think it's called Extras... about these aspiring actors that get roles as extras in a range of different things, featuring prominent RL actors who make appearances on the show... Patrick Stewart was hilarious in the one he was in. :D
And he was in Frasier once too... Busy boy!

Alisaura said:

andberlin - I'm only slowly realising how awesome Youtube is... all those U2 video clips I never saw... interviews... Roadrunner getting caught :D
I sent my brother a link to the EBTTRT clip last night, after he said the Vertigo one made him dizzy... :lol:
(My favourite youtube clip is still my brother's name on the screen at the second Melbourne show last year!)

it took me a while as well. we've just upgraded to a faster broadband speed and yeah, the most awesome thing about it is being able to watch youtube videos without a hiccup - i've definitely seen more interviews, etc since! i think i'm starting to make my flatmates nervous with the amounts of random u2 knowledge i'm getting from it :reject:

Alisaura said:
*clings to andberlin* This one's a keeper :D

:eek: *blush!!*

(it's fi by the way, or fiona or whatever you feel like calling me!!)

Alisaura said:
I think it just illustrates that Australia rocks :wink: I guess they aired that episode more here or something... :shrug:

i second that theory - i'm surprised more people haven't realised this about us :wink: i remember seeing when i was quite young - so many afternoon cartoon shows on back in the early 90s...

heh! i don't think we would have - i've been lurking for quite a while now, i always seem to be a bit of a slow starter on new mb's :ohmy:

like i said above - i'm fiona, fi, whatever you feel like calling me!

Okay, that is scary... I was just reading one of your posts in the Caption thread#12, Brittany, and you suddenly appear over here! :eek:

Glad that your internet is behaving itself! :wave:

Alisaura said:

Well, he was typecast as a Shakespearian stage actor before he started in TNG I guess... and taking roles like Professor X probably didn't help him shake off the whole sci-fi thing. :shrug:
Have you seen the Canterville Ghost TV movie that he was in? That was cool...
I'm trying to remember the name of a British show, I think it's called Extras... about these aspiring actors that get roles as extras in a range of different things, featuring prominent RL actors who make appearances on the show... Patrick Stewart was hilarious in the one he was in. :D
And he was in Frasier once too... Busy boy!

That's because he's British. Most British actors are typecasted in that regards. Most peope assume that they do at least one Shakespearin role....if by stage or screen :wink:

No....never heard of those shows before :shrug:

Hi Brittany and Andberlin :hug: :wave:

Alisaura said:
Okay, that is scary... I was just reading one of your posts in the Caption thread#12, Brittany, and you suddenly appear over here! :eek:

Glad that your internet is behaving itself! :wave:

Thanks!! How are you? :hug: What's going on over in Australia? *wishes I was there*:drool:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

That's because he's British. Most British actors are typecasted in that regards. Most peope assume that they do at least one Shakespearin role....if by stage or screen :wink:

No....never heard of those shows before :shrug:

Hi Brittany and Andberlin :hug: :wave:

WELDY!! How are you my dear? I haven't seen you in forver! What's been going on with you?:hug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom