Ordinary Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who say that they stopped listening to U2 music..... well..... they are not TRUE music lover, IMHO.

Have given this song a few listens now and it keeps grooving. I had very low exceptetions on it.
But it is a great pop songs, but also with a little U2 deep-ness.
The thing I dont like is the guitar that comes in 2:23 in the song, that booring sound that have been in alot of U2's song the latest 13 years...
They should had skip that part and only use the guitar that comes in 2:39 instead, the song would have had much more depth then.

If we exclude the booring guitar out of the song I find the guitar sounds a bit similar to the deep flow in IYWTVD, the bening remind of The Saints Is Coming and I also find the athmosphere in Winter in the song.

Not really Ordinary Love related but maybe Coldplay related :wink:

For all of those who haven't heard it yet: There were massive performances at last night's RED auction for Sotheby's in NY including Bono, Edge, Chic, Angelique Kido and - yes - Chris Martin on piano. As far as we know there was no Ordinary Love, but they performed a couple of songs including Get Lucky by Daft Punk, Perfect Day by Lou Reed, Good Times by Chic and Beautiful Day with Chris on piano. There was apparently also a jam session during the after show party with everyone on stage. And the auction which included a RED Gretch guitar donated by Bono (and a guitar lesson with Bono :lol.) was very successful as @U2 is reporting:

Bono, The Edge & Chris Martin Perform at Super Successful (RED) Auction

Yep, the funny thing is Chris Martin would probably cut his left arm off to write something like this. Sadly if Coldplay released this it would be No1 everywhere.(Not that I want to go on about Coldplay but it does remind me of them)

It's a simple catchy effective pop song, thats it. There's really no need for all the mad analysis that's going on. As I said, my wife who hates U2 is going around humming it saying it's good, it has pop appeal.

What I would say though is that it is easily much better and fresher than the poppy stuff they tried on NLOTH or HTDAAB.

Well here's their Oscar song. Much better.

Coldplay - Atlas (Hunger Games: Catching Fire)(Lyric) - YouTube

Well, I think the song is good... but it's missing the U2 vibrance! That's the problem with NLOTH... It doesn't have the same enery as HTDAAB.....

I've listened to Atlas on several occasions, but I honestly cannot remember the slightest detail of what it sounds like.

I've listened to Atlas on several occasions, but I honestly cannot remember the slightest detail of what it sounds like.

It sounds like Coldplay wrote a song for a Hunger Games soundtrack. Imagine that.

I'm not going to trouble myself with visiting the Coldplaying forum, but I'm betting the Coldplay fans aren't treating it like the sky is falling.

The piano in Atlas is quite nice, but apart from that it's not very good. The chorus, or whatever we could call it, is terrible and the singing is subpar.

I do not believe for one second that Ordinary Love will win the Oscar, but unlike Atlas I think it will be nominated.

It sounds like Coldplay wrote a song for a Hunger Games soundtrack. Imagine that.

I'm not going to trouble myself with visiting the Coldplaying forum, but I'm betting the Coldplay fans aren't treating it like the sky is falling.

They seem to like it quite nicely...from 2,303 voters in the poll on the site.

Brilliant! (60%, 1,375 Votes)
9 (13%, 298 Votes)
8 (15%, 335 Votes)
7 (5%, 118 Votes)
6 (3%, 71 Votes)
5 (2%, 43 Votes)
4 (1%, 13 Votes)
3 (1%, 12 Votes)
2 (0%, 9 Votes)
1 (0%, 6 Votes)
0 - Crap! (0%, 23 Votes)

They seem to like it quite nicely...from 2,303 voters in the poll on the site.

Brilliant! (60%, 1,375 Votes)
9 (13%, 298 Votes)
8 (15%, 335 Votes)
7 (5%, 118 Votes)
6 (3%, 71 Votes)
5 (2%, 43 Votes)
4 (1%, 13 Votes)
3 (1%, 12 Votes)
2 (0%, 9 Votes)
1 (0%, 6 Votes)
0 - Crap! (0%, 23 Votes)

As if the notion that big Coldplay fans calling shitty music brilliant is such a stretch.

Radio played OL just now, saying U2's new material from the Mandela soundtrack. :wink: Once again, nobody's mentioning it's a single!

So what? It's their first material in almost five years. It's being marketed as such and of course it's going to get some attention. The single format is passe in the digital age anyway and barely relevant in this context.

So what? It's their first material in almost five years. It's being marketed as such and of course it's going to get some attention. The single format is passe in the digital age anyway and barely relevant in this context.

It's relevant because radio stations tend to play songs released to them as singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom