Ordinary Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like it. Sounds fresh and new scarily like Coldplay but then Coldplay copied U2 so I guess it sounds like U2!

It has that soaring anthemic thing that everybody assumes U2 does all the time but has avoided doing as baldly as Coldplay or Keane. It's their birthright. They can soar.

Love the very-present sounding drums. Love the very "pro" sounding layered background vocals. It's usual that you hear that many Bonos singing a chorus.

To all the people asking for links, don't they realise there is a link posted a few pages back?

The song needs to be heard in high def, lots of atmosphere. This was a nice surprise, it almost sounds like something they would have made between between War and UF (closer to the UF side:hmm:). Upon listening again, from 1:43 on is really intriguing.

A very mediocre song with very bland production.
I'm not holding out much hope for an inspiring U2 album in 2014.

very bland production.

I know. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to just have somebody drop change in the early part of the song, and then have somebody talking about Danger Mouse in the middle of the song. Very odd production choices indeed. Kind of concerning.

But the real question is, who is gonna rake up all these damn leaves? Luckily on Space Moon -- the moon in Space -- there are no leaves to rake up. But down there? I can see the damn leaves for miles. Bad content.

I listened to it on SoundCloud and it's not too bad from what I can tell. I'm sure there are all kinds of little sonic nuances that we are missing out on (and I love little sonic nuances), so I'm not going to overanalyze it just yet. But I really do like the way the drums come in and the overall epic U2ey-ness of it. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom