Ordinary Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else read into the coin dropping as a sign of McGuiness stepping down?

I wonder if they put that in there on purpose.

Does anyone else read into the coin dropping as a sign of McGuiness stepping down?

I wonder if they put that in there on purpose.

thinkin' maybe his greedy old pockets just got too full, and that sound is the sound of gold coins worth more than our collective lives falling out of his pocket. now that the symbolism is there and Paul McG is gone, clearly, good things are around the corner for U2 and U2 fans, because U2 don't care about being the biggest or the best, it was all Paul McG.

That's why Danger Mouse is here too. Adding those subtle clues, and turning the page from the greedy U2 of 1980-2012. Not like those jerks Eno or Lanois or Lillywhite.

thinkin' maybe his greedy old pockets just got too full, and that sound is the sound of gold coins worth more than our collective lives falling out of his pocket. now that the symbolism is there and Paul McG is gone, clearly, good things are around the corner for U2 and U2 fans, because U2 don't care about being the biggest or the best, it was all Paul McG.

That's why Danger Mouse is here too. Adding those subtle clues, and turning the page from the greedy U2 of 1980-2012.

Agreed. Makes sense that there was clapping 1 minute into the song as well. U2 are truly applauding themselves on the new direction they're taking.

Will Ordinary Love be available on any other format than vinyl? I don't have a local record shop taking part in RSD AND I'm working so won't be able to travel. Can't find anywhere on line to place an order it either (is there one?)

Regards

SLG

Ok, based on the "cineclip" i think the song is nothing more than ok. Average, ordinary U2. Its not bad, but its not interesting at all. It lowers my expectations for the new album, which could be a nice thing in the end.
A question for you people:

What do you prefer, the boring to death, No Line U2, or the risky but "no good songs" Pop U2??

I know. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to just have somebody drop change in the early part of the song, and then have somebody talking about Danger Mouse in the middle of the song. Very odd production choices indeed. Kind of concerning.

But the real question is, who is gonna rake up all these damn leaves? Luckily on Space Moon -- the moon in Space -- there are no leaves to rake up. But down there? I can see the damn leaves for miles. Bad content.

:heart:

Ok, based on the "cineclip" i think the song is nothing more than ok. Average, ordinary U2. Its not bad, but its not interesting at all. It lowers my expectations for the new album, which could be a nice thing in the end.
A question for you people:

What do you prefer, the boring to death, No Line U2, or the risky but "no good songs" Pop U2??

considering that I think Pop is one of their best albums, it's not a hard question for me.

say what you will about Pop (I know this forum has debated the topic to death), Bono's was at his best lyrically with the songs "Please" and "Gone." Nothing of the past decade tops these songs musically either...

I nominate the "I'm-at-the-movies-darling"-remix of Ordinary Love for the best remix EVER of any U2 song. What do you guys think? It's unique :up:

Listened to the song last night a couple of times, it's a nice U2 song, nothing special but I like it so far, didn't expect much more from a movie soundtrack, I'm just glad to hear good and new music from them again.

I can't find the cinema recording on the internet anywhere since yesterday - could someone give me a link please? Thanks! :wave:

considering that I think Pop is one of their best albums, it's not a hard question for me.

say what you will about Pop (I know this forum has debated the topic to death), Bono's was at his best lyrically with the songs "Please" and "Gone." Nothing of the past decade tops these songs musically either...

"And the cartoon network turns into the news"

"You know you're chewing bubble gum
You know what that is
But you still want some
You just can't get enough of that lovey-dovey stuff"

"I left it in the duty free, oh, though you never really belonged to me."

"If O.J. is more than a drink and a Big Mac bigger than you think"

"No big deal, we know the score
Just back from the video store.
Got the car and the car chase.
What's he got inside that case?
I want a close-up of that face.
Here comes the car chase."

Are you sure??

I actually like the Cartoon Network into the news lyric sorry :-( I don't know why just always have

Ok, i was not comparing those albums for just for the sake of comparing or to create a pointless discussion. This pre album waiting always makes me start thinking what would i like to get from the next album. Since i dont expect JT, AB, R&H levels of genius anymore, i dont know what is better, more U2 average-to-good songs like Ill go crazy, Moment of surrender or crazy s**t like Mofo or Discotheque, which sometimes are nice(Discotheque) or plain awful(Miami)...

To me, ordinary love is U2 on cruise control. Which in the end is better than 90% of the crap music made today...

Ok, i was not comparing those albums for just for the sake of comparing or to create a pointless discussion. This pre album waiting always makes me start thinking what would i like to get from the next album. Since i dont expect JT, AB, R&H levels of genius anymore, i dont know what is better, more U2 average-to-good songs like Ill go crazy, Moment of surrender or crazy s**t like Mofo or Discotheque, which sometimes are nice(Discotheque) or plain awful(Miami)... To me, ordinary love is U2 on cruise control. Which in the end is better than 90% of the crap music made today...

Haha I know I just meant that lyric gets a lot of hate but I have always enjoyed it

Haha I know I just meant that lyric gets a lot of hate but I have always enjoyed it

I remember back in 97 when Pop came out, i felt ashamed of myself when i sang that part outlould... it was the "epic" portion of the song, you know, the louder the better hauhauahuah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom