Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like muse, have all their albums. the show in atlanta was mediocre at best. they looked like they didn't want to be there at all.

i much prefer muse's music to snow patrol, but i actually enjoyed sp much more when they opened.

not sure where you were at in the crowd but someone who was at the show in RZ1 said that some people in the pit actually were sitting down during Muse's set (i can't believe people were doing this but she clearly saw it). I think this is why it was medicore. In fact she said at the end Dom said "OMG atlanta you rock, let's face it". Being totally sarcastic. I don't blame him for saying that when people are right there sitting down.

I have seen 4 shows with them opening for U2 and none of those had that kind of vibe. A lot of GA'ers were really into them. And a lot of fans who didn't know of their music afterwards were saying how much they liked them and that they were going to buy some of their music.

All the shows I was at either Matt or Dom thanked U2 for having them and that it was a honor being there. And Bono complemented them several times, giving them props, calling them magnificent and mentioning that their album is number one in over 15 countries.
I for one, can't wait for their US tour next year.. It's going to be amazing..:hyper:

Yeah, no offense to anyone that does like BEP, but what the hell. Why are they opening for them at the Rose Bowl!?

I can only think it's the band obliging Will I am for doing some work on NLOTH...that and since they both share the same record label here in the U.S. the record company(Universal) might be involved in pushing BEP for a few dates on tour

If you play guitar hero, you should probably know the song called Knights of Cydonia. Most non-muse fans at least seem to recognize that song and Starlight. It's sad how all the U2 fans go home with a great impression of Muse and yet Muse fans themselves are bashing U2 for no logical reason whatsoever. But for those that don't really know Muse, I can almost guarantee you that this is probably the finest opening act you can get anywhere for anybody. I know how massive U2 is, but to get a band who sold out Wembley 2 nights in a row to open for you? That's huge. Those of us getting Muse and U2 are in for the show of their lives. Finest live rock musicians in the business right now in one night.

Well if Lars Ulrich from Metallica can mention that they would open up for U2 in a parking lot if given the chance,Muse and their fans can certainly handle being an opener for U2...I know Muse can....a number of their fans however are rather obnoxious about it :down:

ironically Metallica will kind of open up for U2 at MSG on the 30th of Oct. (R&R Hall Of Fame Concerts)

Muse isn't really into the audience interaction thing. You're lucky if Matt slurs a few words out in your general direction between songs.

It's not a knock against them, really. They still manage to play amazing gigs when they headline. Just a different vibe from U2 or Bore Patrol.

Go over to the tour audio folder... there is a link to the two Chicago Snow Patrol shows.... if I can find it again, i'll post a link - - - it was a response to a thread I started...

Muse is HUGE in Europe. And deservedly so. The USA is behind the appreciation curve on Muse.

But you do not want to miss these guys.

I've been scannng through this thread and just wanted to add that Muse wasn't as well known before, in the US as in Europe, but since the 360 tour Muse is really hot now.
I had heard some of their music before, but since the tour I've been listening a lot closer. I really like what I'm hearing. This tour has launched Muse in a massive way. Muse can stand on their own, but they can and should also thank U2.:up:

I've been scannng through this thread and just wanted to add that Muse wasn't as well known before, in the US as in Europe, but since the 360 tour Muse is really hot now.
I had heard some of their music before, but since the tour I've been listening a lot closer. I really like what I'm hearing. This tour has launched Muse in a massive way. Muse can stand on their own, but they can and should also thank U2.:up:

i agree with you here.. They haven't quite hit it big here in the US but definitely have a significant following, strong fanbase. But they do play in good size venues.. Such as the Patriot Center in Va. And sell out at that. This supporting of U2 will make a huge impact here in the US now I think, especially in ticket sales for their US Tour next year. I think this is a great thing for them, just enough (that with the buzz for this and unfortunately, twilight soundtracks) to change it up for them here. They will be doing an extensive tour here in the US early next year.

And I think by their last two posts on twitter says something about their gratefulness to U2.

Its been a great pleasure touring with U2. Would like to thank them and their crew for letting us be a part of a great tour. Top guys. C x10:19 PM Oct 14th from web

Big thanks to U2, had a great time. Now it's time to rock Europe!4:31 AM Oct 15th from Twitterrific

i agree with you here.. They haven't quite hit it big here in the US but definitely have a significant following, strong fanbase. But they do play in good size venues.. Such as the Patriot Center in Va. And sell out at that. This supporting of U2 will make a huge impact here in the US now I think, especially in ticket sales for their US Tour next year. I think this is a great thing for them, just enough (that with the buzz for this and unfortunately, twilight soundtracks) to change it up for them here. They will be doing an extensive tour here in the US early next year.

And I think by their last two posts on twitter says something about their gratefulness to U2.

That's cool. Any word on U.S. dates for them?

M

That's cool. Any word on U.S. dates for them?

M

no specific dates yet but interviews with the band recently have said the tour could start any time between March to May of 2010.

They are headlining a festival on the west coast in December in Las Vegas, It's called Holiday Havoc sponsored by a radio station, Xtreme 107.5.

here is the details:

Muse To Headline Holiday Havoc 2009
13-10-2009 18:38 /discuss (39) It looks like Muse's trek west doesn't stop in Texas with U2. The band is slowly inching over to Los Angeles starting off by headlining Xtreme 107.5's Holiday Havoc taking place on Saturday, December 12th at The Joint in Las Vegas. Also joining them on the bill are Cage The Elephant, Paper Tongues and Afghan Raiders.

Tickets for this event go on sale this Saturday, October 17th at noon via Ticketmaster but you can buy presale tickets Wednesday, October 14th at Dollar Loan Center in Las Vegas if you're in the area for $35.00 a ticket. There will also be an online ticket presale this Thursday and Friday for those who sign up for Xtreme 107.5's email mailing list. If you don't get tickets Scenestar readers, we'll be crossing our fingers for you hoping the next Christmas show Muse adds will be KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas.

December 12th: Holiday Havoc 2009 w/ Muse, Cage The Elephant & More at The Joint (Las Vegas)

link: X107.5 | X-treme Radio | Las Vegas, NV - Holiday Havoc 2009

As should U2 to the J Giels Band ;)

Does anyone know if there is a Snow Patrol bootleg for one of the Foxboro shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom