Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2's openers are usually up and coming bands, not established for more than 15 years (with the exception of special occasions like PJ).

Just off the top of my head Kanye West and Lenny Kravitz were/are certainly not up and coming acts.

Speaking of which is there some sort of source/definitive list online of all the openers throughout U2's history (save going thru each show on u2tours! :lol: )

To be honest, I don't really care too much about who a "good" or "appropriate" opener is for U2. I'm more interested in whether or not it's a band I'm interested in seeing.

That's what most of my comments are based on. :shrug:

ONEREPUBLIC TO OPEN IN MUNICH?

@U2, February 24, 2010
By: m2

Our friends at U2tour.de have posted info from a Universal Music newsletter that says OneRepublic will be an opening act when U2's 360 Tour plays in Munich on September 15. There's no confirmation from U2, nor any news at all about opening acts for the European Tour.

OneRepublic to open in Munich?

I was still hoping The Edge would call up Jack and tell him to get The White Stripes together for a few NA shows. :p

Oh well. I like some Lenny songs, so I'm looking forward to seeing him perform. He's probably fun.

I hear ya! :up:

It's funny - I thought Black Eyed Peas was a terrible choice for an opener because I just don't think they're all that good (a few songs I like aside).

But I couldn't deny that the crowd seemed to love them, so there you go. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom