Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Kings of Leon were loud and awful as openers. Since then, I've started to like some of their stuff and don't think they are as bad as I originally thought.

I thought Kings of Leon were loud and awful as openers. Since then, I've started to like some of their stuff and don't think they are as bad as I originally thought.

My thoughts exactly. KOL was terrible. The singer had no connection with the audience and they were just awful. I heard they have gotten better since.

Institute :crack:

I didn't mind them too much. I was too excited to see the band that was following them to let their suckage upset me. ;)

And I would have loved to have seen Kanye.

Institute wasn't that bad. At least they played one Bush song ie Machine Head

Are the BEFP's opening in Vegas?

to answer ur question:

LIST: U2'S NORTH AMERICAN OPENING ACTS
April 07, 2009
posted by: m2

With the full set of North American U2 360 Tour dates now announced,
here's a recap of the opening acts for the whole tour:

Snow Patrol
September 12, 2009: Chicago, IL @ Soldier Field
September 13, 2009: Chicago, IL @ Soldier Field
September 16, 2009: Toronto ON, Canada @ Rogers Centre
September 17, 2009: Toronto ON, Canada @ Rogers Centre
September 20, 2009: Boston, MA @ Gillette Stadium
September 21, 2009: Boston, MA @ Gillette Stadium

Muse
September 24, 2009: East Rutherford, NJ @ Giants Stadium
September 25, 2009: East Rutherford, NJ @ Giants Stadium
September 29, 2009: Washington, DC @ FedEx Field
October 01, 2009: Charlottesville, VA @ Scott Stadium
October 03, 2009: Raleigh, NC @ Carter-Finley Stadium
October 06, 2009: Atlanta, GA @ Georgia Dome
October 09, 2009: Tampa, FL @ Raymond James Stadium
October 12, 2009: Dallas, TX @ Cowboys Stadium
October 14, 2009: Houston, TX @ Reliant Stadium

Black Eyed Peas
October 18, 2009: Norman, OK @ Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
October 20, 2009: Phoenix, AZ @ University of Phoenix Stadium
October 23, 2009: Las Vegas, NV @ Sam Boyd Stadium
October 25, 2009: Los Angeles, CA @ Rose Bowl
October 28, 2009: Vancouver BC, Canada @ BC Place

sorry sicy..

KOL was great.

Institute was the worst opener i have ever seen for u2. that is saying a lot, because i have had to sit through smashmouth, and 3rd eye blind.

i am excited to see muse, but its a step down for me personally after the last stadium tours in the us. popmart i got to see rage against the machine, and zootv i got to see primus.

I actually think that Silversun Pickups would have been a great opening act too especially for the west coast shows..

Silversun Pickups:drool::drool::drool:

I saw them open for Snow Patrol a couple of years ago and then again at Lollapalooza. They are great live, and funny. Doesn't their new album come out today?

Who knows, there could be an additional opening band or two in the U.S. Maybe they'll announce something as it gets closer. It would be a shame to have a stadium show with just 2 bands playing.:wink:

Mark

Like he's that old now? :lol:

Talk about born with talent.

They make me feel like a washed up geezer (in my 30s).

But, a washed up geezer who likes to rock to MUSE!!! :rockon:

Mark

i'm a fellow geezer who loves Muse tremendously.. And I do GA at their shows too..:D

he had to have been all of maybe in his mid-teens there.

U2's boring plod-rock support bands

Kaiser Chiefs: BORING

Bell X1: BORING. Major snoozefest

Republic of Loose: They're ok, I suppose.

They should have Lady Gaga, Bat for Lashes, CSS, etc up there. They should only have chick bands, as a complement to U2's all male line up. No boring dadrock.

Just my opinion.

True. No doubt, they will announce them as surprise suppport at some gig. Snow Patrol are the most boring snoozerockers I have had the misfortune to hear.

i've been a fan of very few of the support acts they've used over the years. and sadly, whenever i did like one of them, they didn't play at the show i got to see :lol:

here's hoping there will be some decent acts on the third/fourth (whenever they do the u.s. next) leg. :D

What really bugs me is that I have to have Snow Patrol opening my only show this year (Chicago I), and they're also opening for a Coldplay show I'm seeing in a couple of weeks. Seriously, God must have something major against me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom