Oct 23- What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone staying at this hotel (Sienna Suites I think) near the stadium?

It's very tempting as it'd be nice to go there during the day to take a break from GA for a shower, freshen up, etc

I was one of the victims of waiting for a cab after Popmart. 3 hrs. later we made it back to the strip.

If we had 25-30 of us I don't think it would cost that much. If you google "Vegas Limo/Bus" you get a ton of vendors. Prices are pretty discreet though. Maybe have the bus pick everyone up in the middle of the strip then drop us off afterwards.

We need to get one of the pimped out buses with a pole :shifty:

You young people. :crack:

I will probably be so tired after the show I'll be ready to crash. :lol:

Oh no no, I'll be dragging you out along with Party Pinchy. Nobody can resist the Party Pinchy.

Btw, yay Miro :applaud: Would love to see you again.

Oh no no, I'll be dragging you out along with Party Pinchy. Nobody can resist the Party Pinchy.

Well now how can I possibly resist Party Pinchy. :lol: :drunk:

I better get a late flight out on Saturday. :uhoh:

Hello everyone,

I'm 90% sure on going to Vegas to see U2. My wife turns 30 on the 25th so I told her what better way to celebrate your birthday than in Las Vegas w/ U2. I went to the Popmart in 1997, while not the best show, the atmosphere was electric. And I'm sure U2 will seek revenge and have a A+ on the Friday night of Oct. 23rd :drool:

My wife is a huge Larry fan so I might try to get tickets behind the stage. Problem there might be 8 of us going.

zoopop, I'm not sure there will be behind the stage seating. The stadium's horseshoe shaped, with no seats in the north end zone. Occasionally they do install temporary seating there (8,000 capacity), for big football games. But as the lower levels of rear seating have not been sold for the other concerts (due to visual obstruction of the stage I guess), they may not bother with any rear seating. This is also the case for the Nice concert in France. It's just speculation, but for me the 'U2 270' tour just doesn't sound right. :down:

I'd be bummed if this was the case, as I'd like to sit back there if I can't get GA. I was also hoping for rear seats at LA2, but I guess I can give up on that dream.

Wonder if Dr. Robert's magic bus is available. :hmm::giggle:

11.gif

Can anyone confirm that there will be a second Vegas show added. I am going by myself to the show and can purchase two tickets using my code. I am thinking of using it for one now and waiting for a second Vegas show.

Maybe I should hold the second presale ticket until the 2010 tour. Does anyone remeber back to the Bomb tour, did we get another set of tickets for the subsequent legs?

Bean

zoopop, I'm not sure there will be behind the stage seating. The stadium's horseshoe shaped, with no seats in the north end zone. Occasionally they do install temporary seating there (8,000 capacity), for big football games. But as the lower levels of rear seating have not been sold for the other concerts (due to visual obstruction of the stage I guess), they may not bother with any rear seating. This is also the case for the Nice concert in France. It's just speculation, but for me the 'U2 270' tour just doesn't sound right. :down:
Is it possible they might sell $30 lawn GA back there like they did for Charlottesville?

I did that for the Honolulu show for people with seats not GA. Charged everyone $15 R/T. Gave the extra money to The ONE Campaign. Most people paid in advance through Paypal. Should I do it again? 30 people would do it. Though if I stay at that Siena place, I won't need a bus.

This sounds like a most excellent idea. You could def count me in :)

As someone posted the stage might be setup like Oklahoma so I might tell the wife to look at the big screen for Larry. She wont mind as the Crab Stage will take over everyone!!

As the date gets closer a "Official Bus To Stadium From Strip" thread should get started.

After looking at the Norman seating chart, I've changed my mind. I think that the Norman configuration may be better than the standard configuration.

lg_norman.jpg

More seats behind the stage, but no seat is too far away from the center of the stage.

EDIT: looking at the seating chart, it appears that the stage (w/ RED zones) is almost exactly 80 yards (240 feet) wide, wider than the playing field at Sam Boyd by about 20 feet.

Seating chart is up. Some of the stage appears to go into the stands, so I'm not sure how accurate it is:

lg_lasvegas.jpg

EDIT: The RED Zones will be miniscule if they keep this configuration. I wouldn't be shocked if they changed it to a Norman configuration in the next couple of days.

I wonder if that has been some of the delay with Las Vegas, the Red Zone stuff.

I hope the ticket prices are reasonable for the seats. From the seating chart, it looks like most of the sides would be $250.

Mark

^^I'm hoping the $100 tickets are pretty close. Can't afford $250.

Looking at that Norman shot the "360" Tour is going to be pretty awesome that these stadiums are going to feel like arenas. The stage is huge!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom