Oct. 20 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know off-hand how close Margaritaville is to the stadium?

Next door to the north of University of Phoenix Stadium is Jobing.com arena. To the north of that is Westgate. It's huge. You can't miss it. Margaritaville is in there. I think that The Hampton is to the west of U of P Stadium. It's walkable for sure. I was thinking 6ish cuz we'll be going for dinner. Do they have food? I don't know and I don't have time to check right now. Trying to get packed to go out of town.

I was looking at the menu for Margaritaville online and all I can say is.:drool:

Oh my friend said she is gonna make me try an Irish beer, I haven't found a beer I like yet, and I'm a fruity drink girl, be interesting to see how my reaction will be. You all can take pictures of me making faces like this:huh:. :lol:

I decided I'm not gonna let what hurt me effect my time in Phoenix. I'm excited to meet and see you all and go to my first U2 concert! 24 days!:hyper:

if you're wanting any kind of beer at all, I'd steer away from Johnny Rockets. That place is like a retro diner with all-american food. they may have a few beers, but not much. Yard House is the best place for beer, but the food is expensive. You're better off hitting up McFaddens or Margaritaville, and then gradually moving over to Yard House. Well over 100 beers on tap at the Yard House. The Hampton is probably 2-300 yards away from Westgate city center. very nice place to hang out every once in a while. I'll be there this Saturday actually, partaking in a brew, or two.....or three!

JUST OVER THREE WEEKS NOW!!!!
happy-062.gif

I know that most of you out there are going to be in GA and want to stay as close to the stadium as possible. However, Margaritaville seems kind of **ahem** unamerican? Unirish? or something?

Anyway, I just found what looks to be a very very authentic pub (designed in Ireland, maybe partially built there?) just down the road from where I am staying. Menu looks outstanding and of course, all the Irish beers on tap.

Lis Doon Varna - Peoria Irish Pub - Home

looks very very cool

I'm going there Monday night

:wave:

Seamus McCaffrey's is too far

How far is that from the stadium Jezebel? I know we were looking for somewhere close to their and the Hampton hotel most of us are staying at. I know maragirtaville was about a 5mins walk from the Hampton :shrug: There was also an irish place when I was looking at the westgate page that isn't far either I think, but I don't know :shrug:

I know you're at the other hampton :hug:

Ok if we're gonna do Maragirtaville I say 7pm-8pm because my friend and I are meeting up with her family, so I think that would be a great time for all us. What do you all think? I just need a time soon,so I know when to go there even though we have a few days to go, just good to know since I'm planning everything right now.

The Lis Doon Varna looks very cool. Maps shows it as being 9.3 miles from
U of P Stadium. Thats okay with me because I will have a car but yet I don't like to drink and drive and I would love to have a few. I didn't see McFaddens before. That looks good too. I went over to a friends today to help her paint. She played tons of Jimmy Buffett. I got to say- I like his tequila but really don't care for his music. I certainly wasn't stuck on going to Margaritaville. I bet McFaddens will really take care of a U2 crowd that night. So I vote for McFaddens just because it's walkable from hotel.

Whatever is closest to the staduim is fine with me! As longer as I have a time I'm good. I just need to know a time and place soon even though we're only a couple of weeks away because my friends family wants to know because they want to meet with us before hand, I just found this out tonight.

McFadden's is Westgate as well if I'm not mistaking?

I'm about 27 pages late to the party, but here I am! It looks like I'll most likely be attending by myself (and thus I have a ton of extra GA tickets if anyone is in need), so I'm hoping to meet up with a few other fans. I live in the area (about twenty minutes away), so I'm more than willing to offer rides if necessary.

Three weeks left! :hyper:

That's "lucky bitch" to you. :sexywink:

Actually, "lucky bitch" would be my friend who is less than three miles away from the stadium. I keep teasing her about being able to hear the concert from her back yard.

The Lis Doon Varna looks very cool. Maps shows it as being 9.3 miles from
U of P Stadium. Thats okay with me because I will have a car but yet I don't like to drink and drive and I would love to have a few. I didn't see McFaddens before. That looks good too. I went over to a friends today to help her paint. She played tons of Jimmy Buffett. I got to say- I like his tequila but really don't care for his music. I certainly wasn't stuck on going to Margaritaville. I bet McFaddens will really take care of a U2 crowd that night. So I vote for McFaddens just because it's walkable from hotel.

I checked out what I could find on the web about McFaddens, they don't seem to have a website. It looks like an Irish Margaritaville :D It will still be better than Margaritaville for those of you who don't want to drive.

I'm sticking with Lis Doon Varna. If you go to their website and read their background, sounds like it may be a good place for us single people :heart::heart:

I used to like Jimmy Buffet's music.....30 years ago! :lol:

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom