Oct. 20 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much! U2Nationphx. I was talking to my Dad and he is afraid me and my friend will get lost, cause we both can't nevigate. But it saves a lot of money worst comes to worst we'll take the supershuttle and than a taxi back or something.

I also did a route and it drops off right at the stadium which is a 1min drive away from my hotel. Which is not bad of a walk I don't think? :shrug: I probably sound dumb just not use to traveling and all.

October 20th can't get here soon enough! Going through U2 withdrawals after the two amazing shows last weekend in Chicago.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned in this thread.. Another Irish band you might be familiar with, The Pogues, are playing at the Marquee Theater in Tempe the day after the U2 concert. Tickets can be purchased in advance at Lucky Man Online

I hope Shane MacGowan is keeping his drug/alcohol issues under control these days. Remember Larry singing one of the Pogues hits, "Dirty Old Town", during the Zoo TV tour?

"I met my love by the gas works wall
Dreamed a dream by the old canal
I kissed my girl by the factory wall
Dirty old town
Dirty old town"

October 20th can't get here soon enough! Going through U2 withdrawals after the two amazing shows last weekend in Chicago.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned in this thread.. Another Irish band you might be familiar with, The Pogues, are playing at the Marquee Theater in Tempe the day after the U2 concert. Tickets can be purchased in advance at Lucky Man Online

I hope Shane MacGowan is keeping his drug/alcohol issues under control these days. Remember Larry singing one of the Pogues hits, "Dirty Old Town", during the Zoo TV tour?

"I met my love by the gas works wall
Dreamed a dream by the old canal
I kissed my girl by the factory wall
Dirty old town
Dirty old town
"

:cute:
"Oy met moy luv..." (That's an irish accent in case you couldn't tell :lol: )
Too bad I gotta get back to work the next day otherwise I'd be all over that.

Looking at the current GA line pics from Gillette Stadium, I'm excited about my prospects for PHX (as long as they allow early lining up)

Yeah, Gillette said they wouldn't let ppl line up until 3pm but they ended up letting people line up this morning. That's what happens when fans are level headed I guess.

Justin, you're still planning on camping out, right? Are you at least gonna have dinner or a drink with us first?

Yeah, Gillette said they wouldn't let ppl line up until 3pm but they ended up letting people line up this morning. That's what happens when fans are level headed I guess.

Justin, you're still planning on camping out, right? Are you at least gonna have dinner or a drink with us first?

People camped out. I've got a friend who's No.63 in that line and he's been there since 5 p.m. last night.

Yeah, that's still my plan- at least if Glendale P.D. and U of PHX security allow it...I would love to have dinner and probably A COUPLE of drinks with you lovely people first!

For those of you coming in town for the show I wanted to let you know about Westgate. It is a shopping and restaurant area next to the venue and the Hampton Inn as well as other hotels. (All within walking distance of each other) I've seen post and received messages about meet ups at the hotel bar and hotel room parties on the 19th. Take a look at the link to Westgate. Lets choose a place that we can call our meetup. I thought Margaritaville would be the most fun. Less than a month to go!! Hope to meet some of you soon!
Westgate City Center : Directory : List By Category

For those of you coming in town for the show I wanted to let you know about Westgate. It is a shopping and restaurant area next to the venue and the Hampton Inn as well as other hotels. (All within walking distance of each other) I've seen post and received messages about meet ups at the hotel bar and hotel room parties on the 19th. Take a look at the link to Westgate. Lets choose a place that we can call our meetup. I thought Margaritaville would be the most fun. Less than a month to go!! Hope to meet some of you soon!
Westgate City Center : Directory : List By Category

Aha, now I make the connection between here and @u2. :wink: :wave:

Sounds great! I'm up for anything really. :) As long as it's not excessively expensive, I'm down! :) Margartiaville sounds good, as well as a margartia.:wink::lol:

And thank you Achtungbaby23 for the info, Me and my friend are coming from Colorado and staying at the Hampton.

Do you guys know if there is anyway near there to get snacks, water, etc for the GA line?

Sounds great! I'm up for anything really. :) As long as it's not excessively expensive, I'm down! :) Margartiaville sounds good, as well as a margartia.:wink::lol:

And thank you Achtungbaby23 for the info, Me and my friend are coming from Colorado and staying at the Hampton.

Do you guys know if there is anyway near there to get snacks, water, etc for the GA line?

I plan on bringing a throw away foam cooler of water and snacks. So I would recommend picking up something to eat the night before so you can pack it to take to the line. I would also recommend bringing an umbrella. It's VERY sunny here. A long day in the sun can wipe you out especially when your not used to the hot dry climate. I'm staying at the Hampton too. We will probably get there around 5.

I plan on bringing a throw away foam cooler of water and snacks. So I would recommend picking up something to eat the night before so you can pack it to take to the line. I would also recommend bringing an umbrella. It's VERY sunny here. A long day in the sun can wipe you out especially when your not used to the hot dry climate. I'm staying at the Hampton too. We will probably get there around 5.

Alright now have to hunt for an umberlla, you all have the dry heat, it gets pretty hot here in the summer in CO I sat in over 100 degree weather for American Idol in Denver, and I had sunscreen on and still got burned I was like what?!:| I can imagine what it is gonna be like there. I'm preparing though, when I lived in Ohio for a few months we had 100 degree weather plus humidity and I worked 12 hours in it, was crazy. All I can say is Water, water, and more water.

October here in CO is like 30 degree weather and snow most of the time, be dressed like eskomos when we come off our planes and everyone in Phoenix will be like What are they on?:lol:

My friend and I, we're flying in at around 12, we were gonna meet with some of her family, but that changed,so we'll probably get something to eat at the airport and catch our supershuttle and get there around 3pm is our plan since the hotel doesn't let us check in until then. We decided to not take the metro bus even though it's cheaper, because we didn't want to get lost and end up stuck somewhere.

I have two tickets for this show that I need to sell. GA/face value. Anyone need tickets or know of anyone that's looking for tix to this show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom