Oct. 20 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jez, Carlos is RedRocksU2. He lives in SoCal and I've been trying to convince him to come out to the Phx show but he 'claims' he has to work :shrug:

Thanks, I kinda figured that's who it was....

Wonder why he won't go to Phoenix if he's such a huge fan (21000 posts???)

He can have my free ticket! Hey, Carlos!!! Who cares about work?

I'm taking three days off just to go to the one show!!

Thanks, I kinda figured that's who it was....

Wonder why he won't go to Phoenix if he's such a huge fan (21000 posts???)

He can have my free ticket! Hey, Carlos!!! Who cares about work?

If you're really giving away a ticket for free, I'll snag it for a friend!

I've been TRYING to give the darn thing away for a week now! Jeez!

Romi, if your friend really wants to go, you can have it! Please, take it off my hands!!!

wow. thanks!
Let me tell you about my friend. I met her at a U2 concert in PHX in 2001. She was one of the venue security team, and helped that line run really smoothly. I have turned her into a U2 fan over the last seven years.

Come on, hombre, Phoenix!!!!! pay your way...its gonna be a sort of homecoming...me and Doozer returning to our homeland, (our parents are Arizona born and raised) and many other surprise guest may be there...Chas, for one...come on, Carlos...!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *you know you want to...!

................!

................!

Come on, hombre, Phoenix!!!!! pay your way...its gonna be a sort of homecoming...me and Doozer returning to our homeland, (our parents are Arizona born and raised) and many other surprise guest may be there...Chas, for one...come on, Carlos...!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *you know you want to...!

................!

................!

this

I was wondering if any of you know if the city bus runs from the airport to where the staduim is? My hotel is right across the street it would be cheaper if me and my friend could do that than a super shuttle or a taxi. Thanks.

And Carlos come on! Come to Phoenix! You know you want to.

I was wondering if any of you know if the city bus runs from the airport to where the staduim is? .

Yes..

go to: Valley Metro | Welcome

under 'Transit Trip Planner' put

First field: phoenix sky harbor airport

Second field: university of phoenix stadium OR your hotel address.. Only the building number an street name (ex: 111 7th Ave), don't need city part cuz u will select which city on next page.. pick a date an time... then click "Plan it"

next page pick what terminal you will be in.. an click Resubmit.. an there you go..

Takes 2 hours to go by bus from airport to stadium

Yes..

go to: Valley Metro | Welcome

under 'Transit Trip Planner' put

First field: phoenix sky harbor airport

Second field: university of phoenix stadium OR your hotel address.. Only the building number an street name (ex: 111 7th Ave), don't need city part cuz u will select which city on next page.. pick a date an time... then click "Plan it"

next page pick what terminal you will be in.. an click Resubmit.. an there you go..

Takes 2 hours to go by bus from airport to stadium

Ok thank you!, Two hours? hmm That works since our plane comes in at 12 and we can't check in until 3am, but the day we leave maybe tricky I have to double check, but thank you Jesse!

It's Mary

Weren't you part of the Phoenix group during the ATYCLB tour?

I don't remember a whole lot about that weekend because

1. It was 8 years ago
2. I was sicker than a dog!

:D

Mary, hmm, been awhile... i'm better with faces, lol

Yes i was (an still am) on that group but i don't post that much anymore. It's about Facebook these days.

I can't remember for sure, but I think I was in the first three in line in Phoenix in 2001...

Mary, hmm, been awhile... i'm better with faces, lol

Yes i was (an still am) on that group but i don't post that much anymore. It's about Facebook these days.

I don't post that much either as you can tell by my count (I was actually gone from this board for the last few years)

I don't do facebook et al, at least not now, I'm old and and don't care much about that stuff :ohmy:

I'm not THAT old :D

I just checked that doesn't look like a city bus goes that way?

Here you go...you're coming in on the 19th correct. Here is a bus that leaves just after 1pm...which will give you plenty of time to get to where you need to be to get on the bus.

Valley Metro Trip Planner
Select itinerary from
SKY HARBOR AIRPORT TERMINAL 4 WB to 9300 W GLENDALE AVE
(Service on 10/19/09) Valley Metro Trip Planner
Select itinerary from
SKY HARBOR AIRPORT TERMINAL 4 WB to 9300 W GLENDALE AVE
(Service on 10/19/09)
Send Feedback About These Results Revise Original Entries Select And PrintSelect And Plan Return Trip Itinerary #1 Walk 0.1 mile NW from SKY HARBOR AIRPORT TERMINAL 4 WB Depart SKY HARBOR BLVD TERMINAL 4 -- 42ND ST At 01:08 PM On Route 15 - 15th Ave. North To Metrocenter Via Cent Station
clrdot.gif
Arrive BUCKEYE RD & 24TH ST At 01:16 PM Transfer to Depart 24TH ST & BUCKEYE RD At 01:29 PM On Route 70 - GLENDALE/24th St. West to Luke AFB
clrdot.gif
Arrive GLENDALE AVE & 95TH AVE At 02:57 PM Walk 0.1 mile E to 9300 W GLENDALE AVE Regular Fare Senior/Disabled Fare: Total Trip Time: $ 3.50 $ 1.70 1 hr 49 min
For travel costing $3.50 or more, consider buying an All-Day pass. Save $1.75 off the onboard price of $5.25 when purchased at retail locations.

Select And PrintSelect And Plan Return Trip Itinerary #2 Walk 0.1 mile NW from SKY HARBOR AIRPORT TERMINAL 4 WB Depart SKY HARBOR BLVD TERMINAL 4 -- 42ND ST At 01:08 PM On Route 15 - 15th Ave. North To Metrocenter Via Cent Station
clrdot.gif
Arrive 19TH AVE & GLENDALE AVE At 02:14 PM Transfer to Depart GLENDALE AVE & 19TH AVE At 02:30 PM On Route 70 - GLENDALE/24th St. West To 99th/Glndale
clrdot.gif
Arrive GLENDALE AVE & 95TH AVE At 03:14 PM Walk 0.1 mile E to 9300 W GLENDALE AVE Regular Fare Senior/Disabled Fare: Total Trip Time: $ 3.50 $ 1.70 2 hr 6 min
For travel costing $3.50 or more, consider buying an All-Day pass. Save $1.75 off the onboard price of $5.25 when purchased at retail locations.

Select And PrintSelect And Plan Return Trip Itinerary #3 Walk 0.1 mile NW from SKY HARBOR AIRPORT TERMINAL 4 WB Depart SKY HARBOR BLVD TERMINAL 4 -- 42ND ST At 01:08 PM On Route 15 - 15th Ave. North To Metrocenter Via Cent Station
clrdot.gif
Arrive 19TH AVE & GLENDALE AVE At 02:14 PM Transfer to Depart GLENDALE AVE & 19TH AVE At 02:45 PM On Route 70 - GLENDALE/24th St. West to Luke AFB
clrdot.gif
Arrive GLENDALE AVE & 95TH AVE At 03:27 PM Walk 0.1 mile E to 9300 W GLENDALE AVE Regular Fare Senior/Disabled Fare: Total Trip Time: $ 3.50 $ 1.70 2 hr 19 min

This Trip Planner provides suggested itineraries based on available data and information entered by the user. Results may be checked by comparing actual bus schedules online or in the Valley Metro Bus Book, or by calling Transit Information at (602) 253-5000. All data is subject to change without notice. Call Valley Metro Transit Information at (602) 253-5000 for the most up-to-date information.

i know this looks confusing, but you can click on the website link posted earlier. type in Sky Harbor International Airport as your departure and 9300 W. Glendale Ave (Westgate is located between 91st Ave to the east and Loop 101 to the west, Glendale Ave to the north and Bethany Home to the south) as your arrival point. It'll go to a screen for a more specific location at the airport. select Sky Harbor International Airport WB 2, 3 or 4 (depending on what terminal you land in), southwest and USAIR are terminal 4)) and follow the directions. I'm sure there will be several individuals at the airport/bus driver that will make sure you get to where you are going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom