Plans for Streaming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Habib49

Babyface
Evening all,

For those of us who will not be able to go Vegas, are there any plans to stream one of the shows online ? Or are they hoarding all performances for a fanclub/dvd release in the coming years ?

Best bet is probably some dickwad holding up their phone the whole show

People managed to film and record high quality audio of Bono’s tour with all the pouches and nonsense - worst case is that there will be very high quality fan shot stuff, but I can’t imagine that band, or MSG for that matter, will let this opportunity pass without filming it and releasing it.

I want all those Pro Max iPhone 15s out motherfuckers to get us a full show by 11pm on opening night on YouTube.

Still don't understand why they couldn't wait till Larry was fully recovered. I get the shows were scheduled for 2021 but unfortunately covid threw everything out of sync. hiring another drummer almost cheapens their legacy, yet they're chasing up to 3-4 times more than a normal concert ticket price .and you don't get to see the whole band..

the screen looks insane, does any screen need to be that big...ever ? Unless you're broadcasting to other planets maybe but doesn't anyone need to examine the band's member's teeth and see up their nostrils..? They've brought this all on themselves,,zootv to infinity....

Some recent article said something about the landowner(?) threatening to pull the lease unless they did something with the venue this calendar year. *shrug*

Some recent article said something about the landowner(?) threatening to pull the lease unless they did something with the venue this calendar year. *shrug*

the venue needed to be finished and open by September or Venetian threatened to pull the lease. more on the venue side than the artist side.

if U2 passed, Dolan would have tossed his cash at someone else.

Virtual seats to one show would be exciting. Other artists are doing it.

Virtual seats to one show would be exciting. Other artists are doing it.

This will only work in a VR type environment, with it being pre-recorded and viewable from a few different angles/seats within the building. They’ve recorded with 360 cameras before, so really a matter of the resolution of your choice of display.

I was thinking of more you watch the view of what the camera sees.. whatever that is... Louis CK (everyone loves him still right) did it at MSG show and my wife is going to see Butch Walker for special show in Atlanta and now he annouced we can watch it at home too.

So you are thinking seeing The Sphere -- and I'm just thinking seeing the band, music and getting "some" of the show.

But Apple tie in makes too much sense.

Yeah, why don't they let the multi-billion-dollar building sit empty and unused for 6 months or a year until Larry recovers?

Plenty of other artists could've debuted in the venue...Pure money grab by U2's handlers plain and simple..

Plenty of other artists could've debuted in the venue...Pure money grab by U2's handlers plain and simple..

Ummm……

Or, possibly, one of the top touring bands on the plant (who are fucking filthy rich and never need to earn another dollar again) like to push the edge of sound and technology (and in the process treat their fans to something awesome that’s never been attempted before).

Back
Top Bottom