Filming ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Habib49

Babyface
To those in the know, do the band plan to record any of their remaining shows for release via streaming or dvd ? If i don't end up going, I'll happily settle for a quality dvd recording or streaming with quality sound behind it. Even better if u2.com released the ab/JT as a double dvd set with the best quality sound...that would be excellent. The band have sounded superb on the last 2 tours imo.

i can't imagine there won't be some sort of document of these shows, it has to be filmed at some point.
don't they always do anyway?

the footage they've been using on social to promote the shows is phenomenal. no need to do anything extra

Drone footage has been a lot of fun for this venue. It captures the movement and energy nicely. I loved the first teaser they put out on the socials. Everyone's vertical phone videos are not doing it for me.

I hope they do something. Full songs please...but maybe they won't. The JT anniversary tour did not get a release.

my only hope for the inevitable filming is that they just take the footage that's already out there and don't bring in, like, hammish and 10 kagilliion lights to fuck up the vibe.

the footage they've been using on social to promote the shows is phenomenal. no need to do anything extra

I kind of miss the seizures I had from Vertigo: Live in Chicago though.

Drone footage has been a lot of fun for this venue. It captures the movement and energy nicely. I loved the first teaser they put out on the socials. Everyone's vertical phone videos are not doing it for me.

I hope they do something. Full songs please...but maybe they won't. The JT anniversary tour did not get a release.

JT30 didn't have a cranky venue owner looking for recoup a 2 billion dollar investment pushing them to help promote the place

It should be a fan club gift but nah they wouldn't do that. It would get more people to pay to join the fan club $$$

Of course an Eras tour type cinema release would be awesome too. They're not a big enough draw for that, but the Sphere show is made for the big screen.

Could possibly do an event cinema limited time run.

Last edited:
Taylor Swift lead the way -- put this shit in the movie theaters around March....

It should be a fan club gift but nah they wouldn't do that. It would get more people to pay to join the fan club $$$

Of course an Eras tour type cinema release would be awesome too. They're not a big enough draw for that, but the Sphere show is made for the big screen.

Could possibly do an event cinema limited time run.

I remember going to see Rattle & Hum in a theater (when U2 were on top of the music world), and the theater was probably 10-15% full.

I remember going to see Rattle & Hum in a theater (when U2 were on top of the music world), and the theater was probably 10-15% full.

Yep, no way U2 is touching theaters again. I do think an HBO special or Netflix would be pretty cool.

One of those fathom events might be nice. A one night event. They do it for theatre/ broadway events.

Wait, back up...Sara Bariellas is back in Waitress? I need to see this....I had no idea.

In the movie theater version she is, and my boss at work who is big into Broadway theater told me that Sara can basically pop back into the Broadway show whenever she wants to. I haven't verified that but I'm guessing it's probably true.

In the movie theater version she is, and my boss at work who is big into Broadway theater told me that Sara can basically pop back into the Broadway show whenever she wants to. I haven't verified that but I'm guessing it's probably true.

Makes sense, she wrote it and has performed it on Broadway and the West End I think too. Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna see it.

with all due respect to those who would enjoy it... there's a less than zero chance that i'm going to see a sphere show in a movie theater.

just release it on HBO or Netflix.

I haven't been to a theater since Covid. And from what I hear from friends about people's current behavior at movie theaters, I'm not going back to one any time soon.

I haven't been to a theater since Covid. And from what I hear from friends about people's current behavior at movie theaters, I'm not going back to one any time soon.

I think you're thinking of airports and airplanes.

With my work schedule I can usually manage to go to movies at off peak times, that's the only time I go.

Yes for many years now it's been the excessive talking, the excessive staring at phones(even answering and making calls). It's just like concerts or any other public events, there are people who only give an f about themselves.

With my work schedule I can usually manage to go to movies at off peak times, that's the only time I go.

Yes for many years now it's been the excessive talking, the excessive staring at phones(even answering and making calls). It's just like concerts or any other public events, there are people who only give an f about themselves.

People have been assholes at the movies for over 30 years. I don't recall this amazing experience people used to have. Obvioulsy it was BETTER before phones, but people still ruined movies in many ways.

This is why I hate leaving the house.

People have been assholes at the movies for over 30 years. I don't recall this amazing experience people used to have. Obvioulsy it was BETTER before phones, but people still ruined movies in many ways.

This is why I hate leaving the house.

Yes they have been, but in my experience it started with the big screen tvs and people watching movies at home. If they go to a movie theater some behave as if they're at home.

Also get off my lawn

Back
Top Bottom