NFL Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Titans were like the dog owner who holds out the Milk Bone then snatches it away as their dog (The Dolphins) is biting down only to hear their teeth clack.

giphy.gif

i'm not sure "my QB looks and acts like he was rejected for a part on Jersey Shore" is much of a flex, but ok.

Oh I thought that was him celebrating getting to play against a Defense coached by Joe Barry. :D

the best thing about the giants winning is that it greatly increases the odds of them starting daniel jones again next season. :up:

There are 3 QBs with a passer rating over 100.0, 10 or more TD passes and a success rate over 48% since November.

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jordan Love

Packers found their QB...again....the rest of this young team will grow him, and we'll fire Joe Barry and hopefully someone who knows how to scheme. Sorry NFC North.

The contract of New England Patriots linebackers coach Jerod Mayo contains a head-coach succession clause that would allow the team to move quickly, if it chooses, to promote him to replace Bill Belichick, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Mayo’s contract was filed with the NFL and accepted, meaning that the league already has in effect approved the Patriots’ succession plan. If the Patriots promote Mayo, their de facto defensive coordinator, to succeed Belichick, they would not have to conduct any interviews to comply with the NFL’s minority hiring requirements, according to those people with knowledge of the situation.

Jerod Mayo has the chance to do the funniest thing ever...

I'm not a Packers fan by any means, but I would really enjoy seeing Love take them farther than Joe Rogan-era Rodgers.

The trajectory his career has taken this season is nothing short of fascinating. Mid October, most of the pundits were calling for the Packers to tank and draft another QB.

And then from the 2nd half of the season on, he had the best passer rating and literally looks like the best QB in football.

Like I said, happy for him and no matter what happens in the playoffs, I'm thrilled that we hit the jackpot at QB again. I'm 43 years old and I was 11 when Brett Favre made his first start. If Love continues on this path and is the franchise QB for another 15 years, that'll be 50 years with 3 QB's. Just nuts.

yeah the romo drop was (hilariously) bad. but that was an average 5th-seed wild card team playing away in seattle, and that was a choke by really only one player, not the whole team.

this time around they had a perfect home record, won the division and were strong contenders for the championship - then got absolutely curbstomped by the 7 seed (whose QB was starting his first playoff game) in front of their home fans in a game that was basically over by halftime.

the romo drop was a heartbreak moment. last night was total humiliation.

you love to see it.

It's funny how Week 18 had such an influence on the playoffs. If the Rams had lost to the 49ers, then they would have played the Cowboys and probably lost.

And then it would have been Packers at Lions. The way Love and gang are playing, I think they probably would have beaten the Lions.

So McCarthy's job would potentially be saved because the Cowboys would be playing the winner of Tampa/PHI and I think they would have won that. And Detroit wouldn't have their 1st playoff win in 30+ years.

And assuming the 49ers take care of business against the Packers, and they probably would have beaten the Cowboys in the NFCCG, then I think McCarthy would get another year.

In that first half, they performed about as well as Florida State did against Georgia in the Orange Bowl.
Looked completely unprepared for the game at the onset, whereas GB was just the opposite, completely prepared, had a strategy (take the ball and try to score first) and executed to perfection.
That falls on coaching. If Jerrah doesn't can Boob McCarthy today, he'll only have himself to blame when he dies without another trip to the Superb Owl.

It's funny how Week 18 had such an influence on the playoffs. If the Rams had lost to the 49ers, then they would have played the Cowboys and probably lost.

And then it would have been Packers at Lions. The way Love and gang are playing, I think they probably would have beaten the Lions.

So McCarthy's job would potentially be saved because the Cowboys would be playing the winner of Tampa/PHI and I think they would have won that. And Detroit wouldn't have their 1st playoff win in 30+ years.

And assuming the 49ers take care of business against the Packers, and they probably would have beaten the Cowboys in the NFCCG, then I think McCarthy would get another year.

I don't think the Rams necessarily lose in Dallas yesterday if that's the matchup. McCarthy would have had the team just as well prepared for Stafford and company as he did for your Love.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom